UAVs and UCAVs

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Tbh these Bayraktar fanboys are crazy. They think with enough of these you can conquer the whole world
Mate ,I know that Bayraktar drones are overhyped but you shouldn't Underestimate it.
Considering how Potent drones are in today's Warfare scenario, we should try and Develop counters for it in my opinion.
Sure the Bayraktar is not as good as it potrayed but it's definitely a good Drone.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Guys! I have a question:
Do we import drones like
1)Multi Rotor Drones.
2)Fixed Wing Drones.
3)Single Rotor Helicopter.
4)Fixed Wing Hybrid VTOL
from other countries?
Or have become self sufficient in the Design to Production of Such drones 100 Percent in India?
I am Referring to Drones like these(Pictures below)
Different-types-of-drones-source-8-9-10-11.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
You are right but Turkey is selling drones like hot cakes.
Yes bro. Turkey is getting deal after deal for these drones which is quite a good thing for Turkey. These Bayraktar drones are selling like crazy!

Super Flanker

Country flag
Ah! The S-70 okhotnik drone! Gosh this is one of my most favourite drones of all times overall, I am guessing that our upcoming GHATAK drone will be more or less similar to the S-70 okhotnik platform. Because Drones like The Dassault Neuron ,The X-47B ,the S-70 okhotnik platform are all of the same design overall, all are based off the Flying Wing design in Aeronautics. I am excited for GHATAK UAV because it will Also be a flying wing type design drone.
ERt_MMDXkAAep3T.jpg

(Picture of Dassault Neuron UAV)
X-47B_operating_in_the_Atlantic_Test_Range_(modified).jpg

(Picture of X-47B drone)

p1750297.jpg

(Picture of the S-70 okhotnik drone)

Super Flanker

Country flag
As long as the mission computer and the FCS is theirs, it's their drone.
Oh wow! So According to the Turks, the Bayraktar TB2 is Turkish because it has a Turkish Mission computer, than if we go by that Logic, than we can say that the SU-30 MKI Aircraft is Indian because it has an Indian Mission computer. This is called Turkish logic!
AP_18034653463022-erdogan-autograph-drone-1557788393.jpg

These Turks are always in dreams!
Just like how their Pakistani brothers and Sisters claim that JF 17 is Indigenous because it is assembled in India than by that logic SU-30 MKI Aircraft is also Indigenous because it is assembled in India.
su-30mki-1459926281_orig.jpg

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Oh wow! So According to the Turks, the Bayraktar TB2 is Turkish because it has a Turkish Mission computer, than if we go by that Logic, than we can say that the SU-30 MKI Aircraft is Indian because it has an Indian Mission computer. This is called Turkish logic!View attachment 126730
These Turks are always in dreams!
Just like how their Pakistani brothers and Sisters claim that JF 17 is Indigenous because it is assembled in India than by that logic SU-30 MKI Aircraft is also Indigenous because it is assembled in India.View attachment 126731
The FCS for the drone is the heart and brain of it. Even for a fighter, a pilot using his great skill can land an aircraft if the mission computer or FCS fails as it happened recently on Tejas when Capt Varun Singh (Veera vanakkam) landed the AC with multiple failures.

This can never happen to a drone. The FCS, auto navigation feature, auto take off and landing is everything. Even if one is using foreign components, it's still not a easy job to integrate it with the mission computer. Plus they have drones which can fire missiles, EW drone is in R&D phase. We don't even have an local drone in manufacture.

Tejas Mk1 integrates foreign radars, missiles, engines, avionics with the mission computer and FCS. You would call it foreign?

Su30 mission computer might be ours, but the FCS is theirs. The aerodynamic design is theirs. Having our own computer helps us integrate our own weapons. And that's it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles