Turkish defense industry news updates

angryIndian

Country flag
Tapas is already in production. 76 ordered.
That is now but India has been in the business of drone development when my now-retired dad was a very young man.There was no turkey and Iran in the picture,just a handful like US and Israel.Yet four decades later except for India all others are now pioneers in this field.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Mahatma Gandhi
Who have you won against?
We are not ignoring you from day 1 if we did, we would not have this thread on the forum.
We are not laughing at you either, go back previous pages members have cried like children on our own inability to make a proper functional drone like yours.
We are not fighting you, you have still not won.

rodeo

Country flag
TB3 vs TB2 comparison

MTOW: 1450kg vs 700kg
Engine: PD170(170hp) vs Rotax 912s(100hp)
Payload: 280kg vs 150kg
Wingspan: 14m vs 12m
Length: 8.35m vs 6.5m
Height: 2.6m vs 2.2m

170hp , Looks underpowered for carrier operations.

What kind of role Turkish navy is expecting from this ??
Mainly ISR but it will also have smart munitions to utilize if need be. Moreover, KIZILELMA will have a naval variant, too. TCG Anadolu will have KIZILEMA and TB3 on board.

‘Why do we have to see Turkish drone photos. India is not buying it. After its initial success in Syria and Ukraine, it has not been heard off at all. That means at least in Ukraine, the Russians have learnt its secrets to shoot it down. Hence, instead of loosing more, they withdrew it.

So stop selling it on Indian website.
It's the Turkish Defense News thread. Don't stop by if you're troubled. :wave:

Turkish people easily get inside Europe and have literally created mini ghettos everywhere in Europe . If there was any embargo or measure against Turkey they would have been sent back years ago.
You must either be trolling with this line of thinking or have very little understanding of immigration policies of countries.

Bayraktar company is built on support from Canada and UK.
Can you be more specific? How did they support the company exactly?

I should name just a few most recent embargos(out of hundreds) and put a little perspective on so called "Western Support" we're swamped with.

This is the mock-up of TEI's TF6000 engine. It's being built since a year and it should've been fired in Q1,2023. But we couldn't. Why? Because they(our western allies) refuse to sell the accessory-gearbox for the engine due to embargoes. So we have to wait Q4 for the indigenization of the gearbox for the first ignition.

Next,
Do you know what this test is?

It's the national VLS system. Why the heck we had to develop this? Because we're denied access to Mk41 even for our own ships. And newly built Istanbul-Class frigate couldn't be delivered because of the lack of VLS. It has to wait till this is ready(supposedly in September 2023).

Next, why is this 76mm naval gun being fired on ground?

It's just another item we had to develop because we can't buy Oto Melara's even with our money.

I could go on and on. Engineering resources are not limitless and these projects cost time and money that could be allocated elsewhere.

I see on some threads you have started discussing if India should buy F35s or not whereas we ,as a NATO country, can't even buy Vipers let alone the mighty JSF.

jai jaganath

Country flag
TB3 vs TB2 comparison

Mainly ISR but it will also have smart munitions to utilize if need be. Moreover, KIZILELMA will have a naval variant, too. TCG Anadolu will have KIZILEMA and TB3 on board.

You must either be trolling with this line of thinking or have very little understanding of immigration policies of countries.

I should name just a few most recent embargos(out of hundreds) and put a little perspective on so called "Western Support" we're swamped with.

This is the mock-up of TEI's TF6000 engine. It's being built since a year and it should've been fired in Q1,2023. But we couldn't. Why? Because they(our western allies) refuse to sell the accessory-gearbox for the engine due to embargoes. So we have to wait Q4 for the indigenization of the gearbox for the first ignition.

Next,

It's the national VLS system. Why the heck we had to develop this? Because we're denied access to Mk41 even for our own ships. And newly built Istanbul-Class frigate couldn't be delivered because of the lack of VLS. It has to wait till this is ready(supposedly in September 2023).

It's just another item we had to develop because we can't buy Oto Melara's even with our money.

I could go on and on. Engineering resources are not limitless and these projects cost time and money that could be allocated elsewhere.

I see on some threads you have started discussing if India should buy F35s or not whereas we ,as a NATO country, can't even buy Vipers let alone the mighty JSF.
TF6000 belongs to which category and have u guys made scb and critical hot section equipments
I mean we after so many years of investment aren't able to fully develope until now
Bcoz gearbox is not that big issue but other critical equipments done?
When was the development started?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
TB3 vs TB2 comparison

Next,

Why did you develop a 76 mm effendi, see it's good if you folks develop a 127 mm one.
India is also developing one, USA asked for q price which was deemed very costly thus now we are going alone, as for 76 mm one our bharat electrical limited makes them in house now for some years now
So that is a not a problem .

rodeo

Country flag
TF6000 belongs to which category and have u guys made scb and critical hot section equipments
I mean we after so many years of investment aren't able to fully develope until now
Bcoz gearbox is not that big issue but other critical equipments done?
When was the development started?
It's 6000lbf military turbofan. It also have 10.000lbf afterburning variant.

We have no gap in technology neither in hot section, or in cold section. The first(not counting very small ones) turbine engine we developed was TS1400(1400hp). It's the engine for our GÖKBEY helicopter. It's core was ignited in 2017. Since then the engine had to undergo 8 complete redesign iteration and finally reached a mature state. It has 3rd gen SCBs. In a few days TEI will deliver first two flyable items to TAI and we will see GÖKBEY fly with national engines for the first time in a few months.

According to the CEO of TEI, designing and building the prototype of an engine is not the hard part. The hard part is to mature it until it reaches the required specs. It's especially hard if it's a human-rated engine. The CEO, his exact words, has said: "It's like digging a pit with a needle." It's a long, arduous process before you can put any human on it.

rodeo

Country flag
Why did you develop a 76 mm effendi, see it's good if you folks develop a 127 mm one.
India is also developing one, USA asked for q price which was deemed very costly thus now we are going alone, as for 76 mm one our bharat electrical limited makes them in house now for some years now
So that is a not a problem .
127mm naval gun is also being developed for future TF-2000 destroyers.

jai jaganath

Country flag
It's 6000lbf military turbofan. It also have 10.000lbf afterburning variant.

We have no gap in technology neither in hot section, or in cold section. The first(not counting very small ones) turbine engine we developed was TS1400(1400hp). It's the engine for our GÖKBEY helicopter. It's core was ignited in 2017. Since then the engine had to undergo 8 complete redesign iteration and finally reached a mature state. It has 3rd gen SCBs. In a few days TEI will deliver first two flyable items to TAI and we will see GÖKBEY fly with national engines for the first time in a few months.

According to the CEO of TEI, designing and building the prototype of an engine is not the hard part. The hard part is to mature it until it reaches the required specs. It's especially hard if it's a human-rated engine. The CEO, his exact words, has said: "It's like digging a pit with a needle." It's a long, arduous process before you can put any human on it.
Can u give data in kn terms

TFX

Country flag
Absolutely not...

Bayraktar company is built on support from Canada and UK.

Turkish people easily get inside Europe and have literally created mini ghettos everywhere in Europe . If there was any embargo or measure against Turkey they would have been sent back years ago.

And offcourse you won't be given hands on very sophisticated tech . You were never a reliable European ally. It's just your location is very strategic.

Look at your position on Cyprus , Armenia,Kurdistan and then purchase of Russian S-400 while calling yourself part of NATO or EU.

Do you still blame EU for not trusting you completely.
BS,it shows your ignorance,you know nothing about my country yet make moronic claims.
This is why nobody takes you serious,you are just to dumb.
No research nothing just dumb claims.

Super falcon

Country flag
TB 2 drones with pak give edge over Indian drones of light category drone like heremes

Flying Dagger

Country flag
BS,it shows your ignorance,you know nothing about my country yet make moronic claims.
This is why nobody takes you serious,you are just to dumb.
No research nothing just dumb claims.
If stupid rant is how you answer a factual post then ... Here you go

Your country is Pakistan of Europe....

I just summed it up for you.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
TB3 vs TB2 comparison

Next,

Your post is like a spoilt brat. We deserve it from Europe they should give us everything we are turkey. Lol

I know how immigration works... And I know what happens when small European nations allow Turkish immigration unchecked and their political parties bent their arses to do things , to try and make them happy for votes.

That's why despite being a pariah state Turkey is still supported by many European countries.

Canada supplied tech prior to your support for another Armenian genocide attempt . Even later I am sure these money hungry companies did it in the grey.

Even now the company reports 7% critical tech being imported for bayraktar which I think was downplayed in statement.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles