Turkish defense industry news updates

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India has love for bureaucratise and processes and vote banks. Only if we would have relied private sector after independence instead of OFBs and PSUs we would be in a much better state
No, private sector invests for profits than R&D. Given lack of industrialisation at time of independence, India would have been even 50 years behind today in all technological aspects if there were no PSU.

SavageKing456

Country flag
What is this childish comparison with turkey?? Because they have a prototype out?? Where is the real tech ?? GaN aesa , actual irst podes / dcmaws ?? Where is ew suite?? Where is internal bay and folding mechanism?? Where is material for stealth skin?? Where are composits and what percentage??

We have developed all these things in one form or another and putting them to actual tests currently while simultaneously running 4-5 fighter jet programs ( mk1a , mwf ,amca and tedbf).

If we merely wanted to show off we could have launched such a prototype years ago.
IAF rejected su57 because of lacking in stealth AMCA has to surpass that in real world even if takes more time.
You're absolutely right
People care more about prototype and not technology
They failed to understand how much advanced technology the whole "amca" takes,not just mk1 variant
But it is a great Turkish achievement nonetheless

TFX

Country flag
No, private sector invests for profits than R&D. Given lack of industrialisation at time of independence, India would have been even 50 years behind today in all technological aspects if there were no PSU.
I want to change my account name,how do i do that?

The Shrike

Country flag
Lol I just came here for the cope and seethe - but looks like most members have come to acceptance with reality.
Our combat aerospace program has been a slow motion train wreck over the last decade and a half. First delaying to order and manufacture Tejas Mk1 in time, then instead of going for 0.5m plug for Mk2 going in for a comprehensive redesign taking years, in that too put red tape so that we don't get any Mk 2 fighter till 2030 at least. And of course drip fund the AMCA all the while - aircraft will perpetually remain x number of years away. All the while the Navy spends years on LCA Mk2 naval design, and then junks it just before it is ready to build a prototype. Then goes on to start a completely separate program that's also separate from AMCA. All these delays and miss steps were of course going to cost us and Rather than catching up with the leaders like US and Europe, we seem to be falling behind with previously 3rd tier countries beating us.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Lol I just came here for the cope and seethe - but looks like most members have come to acceptance with reality.
Our combat aerospace program has been a slow motion train wreck over the last decade and a half. First delaying to order and manufacture Tejas Mk1 in time, then instead of going for 0.5m plug for Mk2 going in for a comprehensive redesign taking years, in that too put red tape so that we don't get any Mk 2 fighter till 2030 at least. And of course drip fund the AMCA all the while - aircraft will perpetually remain x number of years away. All the while the Navy spends years on LCA Mk2 naval design, and then junks it just before it is ready to build a prototype. Then goes on to start a completely separate program that's also separate from AMCA. All these delays and miss steps were of course going to cost us and Rather than catching up with the leaders like US and Europe, we seem to be falling behind with previously 3rd tier countries beating us.
Pakistani thodi hai humlog, sach baat accept karte hain hum log

angryIndian

Country flag
Other than a drone what has their entire aviation sector has actually delivered??
Have we delivered a drone yet?

India started the work on autonomous aerial drones in the 80s and yet 30-40 years later we still do not have a production variant.
Their drones have wreaked havoc in conflicts and turned the tide in favour of Azerbaijan in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and played a pivotal role in halting Russian advances in the Russia-Ukranian war.

Today we are in such a position that alteast a donze odd countries have overtaken us in drone tech.Heck, even the heavily sanctioned iran has mass produced thousands of combat drones.

jai jaganath

Country flag
It's a trainer with light fighting capacity .... Look at it and F-5 that's what it is going to replace.

We have Tejas Mk1a then mk2 and series coming up. Do let me know how it can better Tejas mk2 or the older Tejas mk1/1a.

They are part of NATO, have advantage due to proximity with European.
Wake me up if mk2 enters production before 2030

jai jaganath

Country flag
Other than a drone what has their entire aviation sector has actually delivered??
Even u speak about drones
U realize they said Anka 3 will be revealed by mid of 2023 and today its not even mid
Superiority complex will lead to disaster
They can develope things which are not under their expertise in record time imagine when they will gain expertise

IndianHawk

Country flag
Even u speak about drones
U realize they said Anka 3 will be revealed by mid of 2023 and today its not even mid
Superiority complex will lead to disaster
They can develope things which are not under their expertise in record time imagine when they will gain expertise
How will they gain expertise?? By copying Augusta Westland to t129 ???

IndianHawk

Country flag
Ya sure we are behind 🦃 . Whatever makes you feel good man. 😂

Whenever I return on this forum I find more and more lack of depth or naunce. Perhaps the average age of members is falling or their education hard to say. Need to go back to real world .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles