Turkish defense industry news updates

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Not big issue , but TF-X also lacks DSI just like Boramae. Is US not allowing LM to share DSI tech with them.

View attachment 197137
They chose the "F-22 config" because the TF-X is designed to be an air-superiority fighter. I don't think LM has a hand on the TF-X development, it's mostly BAE systems engineers.

TFX

Country flag
They chose the "F-22 config" because the TF-X is designed to be an air-superiority fighter. I don't think LM has a hand on the TF-X development, it's mostly BAE systems engineers.
I'm sure you know some or at least one of those BAE engineers to make such a statement.
Did you even notice that it looks exactly like the first design from years ago when there was no BAE or any other foreign assistance?
Why is it so hard for you to accept that it is a Turkish achievement?
If you want your country and people to be respected and accepted,you need to respect and accept others.
If you cant you will only be noticed on your flaws as a country and people.
You can thank the respected Indian members of our forum(DH.L) for giving you any info on our projects.
We dont allow racist shitheads on our forum,maybe an idea for this forum to.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
I'm sure you know some or at least one of those BAE engineers to make such a statement.
Did you even notice that it looks exactly like the first design from years ago when there was no BAE or any other foreign assistance?
If you want your country and people to be respected and accepted,you need to respect and accept others.
You can thank the respected Indian members of our forum(DH.L) for giving you any info on our projects.
I merely noted LM didn't collaborate on this project, but it was BAE that shared engineering services. Not every comment is a passive-aggressive jab, you need to calm down.

Gyyan

Country flag
Why are some on Twitter calling it 4.5 gen?because of the engine?
Some turkish guys we're saying it's blk0 and it's 4.5 gen and it will be 5th gen from blk2.
What's the deal?

Abdus Salem killed

What are those engines are the engines in this real ?

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
It seems like the Turkish members here misunderstand me. My earlier angry outburst was related to the S-400 falling into American hands. I haven't once said that the TF-X project is not a Turkish achievement. Even extreme amount of handholding couldn't produce this aircraft unless the people in TAI knew exactly what they were doing when they designed it's parameters. Please continue to share insights on this crowning achievement of Turkey. Not many nations can brag about making something like this.

As for whether or not I respect the Turkish people. I have nothing against the people. I'm just angry about your foreign policy, state sanctioned genocide and terrorism denial and Erdogan's obsession with Kashmir. So no need to take what I say personally. It's not aimed at the Turkish people as individuals or even as a group. The TF-X is unrelated to all of this. Personally I'm more interested in the Kızılelma UAV.

TFX

Country flag
Why are some on Twitter calling it 4.5 gen?because of the engine?
Some turkish guys we're saying it's blk0 and it's 4.5 gen and it will be 5th gen from blk2.
What's the deal?
Mainly the engines.
You need power for some systems to function properly,the F110 doesnt have enough power.
The goal is to make it ''fly'' first and with this engine it can do most duties but not all so,it cant be called 5th gen fighter yet.

rodeo

Country flag
Mainly the engines.
You need power for some systems to function properly,the F110 doesnt have enough power.
The goal is to make it ''fly'' first and with this engine it can do most duties but not all so,it cant be called 5th gen fighter yet.
+1
The aircraft has excessively power-hungry electronics, especially the radar. It will be bigger than APG-77 and will have GaN modules(requires multiples of power of GaAs).

Also an engine with reduced IR signature is a requirement to be called "5th gen" for some.

So the engine is the only reason some of us reluctant to call the aircraft "5th gen".

jai jaganath

Country flag
+1
The aircraft has excessively power-hungry electronics, especially the radar. It will be bigger than APG-77 and will have GaN modules(requires multiples of power of GaAs).

Also an engine with reduced IR signature is a requirement to be called "5th gen" for some.

So the engine is the only reason some of us reluctant to call the aircraft "5th gen".
GaN has lesser power requirements than GaA

Reactions: TFX

rodeo

Country flag
GaN has lesser power requirements than GaA
It is more efficient than GaAs but you use more power to fully capitalize its higher thermal conductivity because it can handle more heat. You can load it with significantly higher power without degrading its performance and get more performance out of it compared to GaAs.

Reactions: TFX

jai jaganath

Country flag
It is more efficient than GaAs but you use more power to fully capitalize its higher thermal conductivity because it can handle more heat. You can load it with significantly higher power without degrading its performance and get more performance out of it compared to GaAs.
Gallium Nitride
GaN has rapidly become the darling of semiconductor technologies within the
RF/microwave world. GaN’s primary advantage over competing technologies is its high
power density, which can be as much as 5X that of a comparable GaAs device. In
layman’s terms, that means five times the output power in an 80% smaller package size.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles