Turkish defense industry news updates

TFX

Country flag
Indian drone program is kind of technology specific , we have ATOL capability, we have weapon integration technology , we have anti drone technologies ,but only issue is induction , our trials are more extreme than any other military , for eg the seeker on spike atgm couldn't achieve the parameters of testing , our nag atgm had to be optimised to fill all those criterion to operate in Thar with accuracy, u can say that it's one of the best ir seeker for atgm
I meant actual drones,i know you have a project with the US for 30 MQ9B combat drones but nothing before.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I meant actual drones,i know you have a project with the US for 30 MQ9B combat drones but nothing before.
Rustom has Atol capability, atgm being integration with Archer uav , lot of fixed wing and kamikaze drones are in testing , we have more than 100 companies working on drones , heck even our IIT folks make drones , AUV ,UUV ,ROV , UGV etc .

Our research and development is way better than a random guy on a forum can tell , some professor works on fusion energy in our college, we have a Tokamak operational.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
GaN airborne radar?

I knew about UTTAM radar but never heard of Indian GaN radar, let alone airborne. Can you give me the name of the radar so i can learn more about it. And are there any GaN radar in service in India?
Ground based qrsam radars are GaN , our radar on ins anvesh is GaN , LRMFR is GaN ,mounted on ship 20 , we had 16 ,32 plank Vivaldi based on GaN as airborne unit , the radar for AMCA is GaN ,no news on that

Abdus Salem killed

Take a look at these thread.

@Vamsi @Indx TechStyle go through this thread with me it's intresting

jai jaganath

Country flag
GaN airborne radar?

I knew about UTTAM radar but never heard of Indian GaN radar, let alone airborne. Can you give me the name of the radar so i can learn more about it. And are there any GaN radar in service in India?
Uttam has many variants
One is baseline mk1
Then with few more modules m1a
These are GaA
Then comes mk2 which is GaN
We have developed it be it land based or shipborne or airborne
We have deployed or atleast tested land based or shipborne radars
Coming to airborne GaN radar it has been made by drdo lab and even tested by ground based systems
And as far info exists for airborne testing astra microwave has been transferred tech to build the radar and to be tested a-319 for amca (this part of being tested in a-319 I my assumption as that plane is being modified for testing amca avionics and astra microwave is also making it)
@Lonewolf pls check whether I am correct

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Uttam has many variants
One is baseline mk1
Then with few more modules m1a
These are GaA
Then comes mk2 which is GaN
We have developed it be it land based or shipborne or airborne
We have deployed or atleast tested land based or shipborne radars
Coming to airborne GaN radar it has been made by drdo lab and even tested by ground based systems
And as far info exists for airborne testing astra microwave has been transferred tech to build the radar and to be tested a-319 for amca (this part of being tested in a-319 I my assumption as that plane is being modified for testing amca avionics and astra microwave is also making it)
@Lonewolf pls check whether I am correct
It all come down to gain factor without much noise , Americans are leaders in the field ,i had some document on it , will find one fine day

TFX

Country flag
Rustom has Atol capability, atgm being integration with Archer uav , lot of fixed wing and kamikaze drones are in testing , we have more than 100 companies working on drones , heck even our IIT folks make drones , AUV ,UUV ,ROV , UGV etc .

Our research and development is way better than a random guy on a forum can tell , some professor works on fusion energy in our college, we have a Tokamak operational.
You have 100 companies working on drones but till no active indigenous UCAV,its not about all the other stuff you have.
Are you seeing this as an attack that you are so defensive?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
You have 100 companies working on drones but till no active indigenous UCAV,its not about all the other stuff you have.
Are you seeing this as an attack that you are so defensive?
Nah ,i am quite chill about online discussion,just trying to tell you that our constraints are not technological but more of utility, actually the concept of ucav and it's uses in Indian doctrine is different in comparison to other forces , we needed a high subsonic speed ucav and we have Cats warrior in development, we need kamikaze type drones and hence being developed , we don't feel need of akinci type uav , hence no request.

If we really need it ASAP then you can get it developed in less than 12 months , but forces don't want them in large numbers

blackjack

Country flag
The biggest criticism I have for Turkey is they should have held off on the Hurjet project and went for a single stage stealth design instead. As I learned from the Su-75 it is possible making a 5th gen aircraft cheaper than a F-35. F-35 is pricy as hell, NATO countries wont purchase the Su-75 and more than likely non-NATO countries might not purchase them to face CAATSA which would have given Turkey a huge purchasing potential, but of course U.S. jet engines is what power Turkey's aircrafts so if you fucked them over on their F-35 deals you're getting fucked next from producing more of your domestically made aircrafts. I barely get any information on turkey's own domestically made weapons, but I don't think Kizelma drone would meet some customer requirements because of internal payload, no idea if Canards make a huge RCS difference and the sensor integration is not to the level of F-35s/Su-75s or even more complex avionics suite like the TAI TFX or Su-57.

rodeo

Country flag
we needed a high subsonic speed ucav and we have Cats warrior in development.
I don't really understand what requirements made the authorities in India start the project CATS Warrior. If the specs I read online is true, it's too small for any meaningful impact. It can't cover long distances and ,again, too small to have an internal weapons bay(or a very small IWB with no standoff missiles). It cannot carry the weapons on it's wings if it's intended to be a wingman drone.

Ghatak, on the other hand, can be a serious troublemaker for the adversaries if matured enough, and produced in large numbers.

we don't feel need of akinci type uav , hence no request.
If we really need it ASAP then you can get it developed in less than 12 months , but forces don't want them in large numbers
How can you not need AKINCI type drones and be able to develop it in less than 12 months while at the same time pay billions($3 billions to be exact) of dollars to the US for 30 Reaper UCAVs?

jai jaganath

Country flag
I don't really understand what requirements made the authorities in India start the project CATS Warrior. If the specs I read online is true, it's too small for any meaningful impact. It can't cover long distances and ,again, too small to have an internal weapons bay(or a very small IWB with no standoff missiles). It cannot carry the weapons on it's wings if it's intended to be a wingman drone.

Ghatak, on the other hand, can be a serious troublemaker for the adversaries if matured enough, and produced in large numbers.

How can you not need AKINCI type drones and be able to develop it in less than 12 months while at the same time pay billions($3 billions to be exact) of dollars to the US for 30 Reaper UCAVs?

Yes cats warrior is for Wingman role so specs are similar to it
Ghatak is top priority as it will give an immense jump in capability due to its stealth
Coming reaper there is none like it
None
It's capabilites are it's sensors and avionics which they have best in world have them is next level capability boost
It will take decades to make something like that as that system has things developed for ages
Sorry to say but akinci can never come close to mq-9
Neither Russian or Chinese or French could make something like that
Forget about India and turkey

rodeo

Country flag
The biggest criticism I have for Turkey is they should have held off on the Hurjet project and went for a single stage stealth design instead. As I learned from the Su-75 it is possible making a 5th gen aircraft cheaper than a F-35. F-35 is pricy as hell, NATO countries wont purchase the Su-75 and more than likely non-NATO countries might not purchase them to face CAATSA which would have given Turkey a huge purchasing potential, but of course U.S. jet engines is what power Turkey's aircrafts so if you fucked them over on their F-35 deals you're getting fucked next from producing more of your domestically made aircrafts.
We are very much aware that F110s are only a temporary solution. If those engines powered the operational TFX, the US could(much likely will) deny them to us and bring the production line to a halt. Even if we didn't export the aircraft they'd still sanction us. I'm sure of it. Moreover, with twin F110s TFX is underpowered. We need more powerful engines. And that's why we're developing an engine with 35.000lbf thrust. It's make or break for us. If we can't build the engine, the TFX will be a scrap metal, unfortunately. But I believe we will. We have enough reasons to be optimistic.

Coming reaper there is none like it
None
It's capabilites are it's sensors and avionics which they have best in world have them is next level capability boost
It will take decades to make something like that as that system has things developed for ages
Sorry to say but akinci can never come close to mq-9
Neither Russian or Chinese or French could make something like that
Forget about India and turkey
Why is that exactly? Can you be specific as to what parts of the Reaper make it unattainable for others?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Couldn't be more wrong , warrior carry two smart ammunition in its weapons bay and two asraam missile on wing pylons ,total capacity @600 kg . Ghatak is totally different class , 2 ton plus payload with active and passive sensor integration, it's class apart

Vamsi

Country flag
We are very much aware that F110s are only a temporary solution. If those engines powered the operational TFX, the US could(much likely will) deny them to us and bring the production line to a halt. Even if we didn't export the aircraft they'd still sanction us. I'm sure of it. Moreover, with twin F110s TFX is underpowered. We need more powerful engines. And that's why we're developing an engine with 35.000lbf thrust. It's make or break for us. If we can't build the engine, the TFX will be a scrap metal, unfortunately. But I believe we will. We have enough reasons to be optimistic.

Why is that exactly? Can you be specific as to what parts of the Reaper make it unattainable for others?
it's sensors

rodeo

Country flag
Couldn't be more wrong , warrior carry two smart ammunition in its weapons bay and two asraam missile on wing pylons ,total capacity @600 kg . Ghatak is totally different class , 2 ton plus payload with active and passive sensor integration, it's class apart
How can it carry ASRAAM missiles on its wings if it's a stealth drone? Won't it accompany AMCA? Wouldn't that compromise the 5th gen fighter?

If it's not going to fly along AMCA then why it's stealth and this small. You could've gone with a conventional design with more payload capacity that could actually utilize stand-off missiles.

jai jaganath

Country flag

These pods are top notch if we compare it with pods made by other countries
I mean even though many of such pods are made by Indians turkey Chinese Russians and Isreal
But no one can match their quality and actual capability
On paper we can make such systems with similar spec but only Americans can provide highest efficiency with it
This is bcoz we all are very new to this industry max 20 years
But Americans have history of making best surveillance equipments
They have been ahead of time when it comes to surveillance
Their quality can't be achieved by even if specs are achieved

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles