Turkish defense industry news updates

Super falcon

Country flag
Turks developing three different types of air to air missiles under goktug program goktugan Bozdoğan and goktug

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
One of the tremendous achievements for ur aviation industry
U r example of a nation that can achieve anything if it has a properly laid vision and achieving mentality along with long term planning
Waiting for u guys to rollout tfx and I personally think u guys will make it earlier than ur scheduled timeline
Being a NATO member has its advantages especially in aviation engineering due to joint production capabilities. Impressive R&D accomplishments for TAI, which has just $2 - 2.5 billion in revenues.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Rings especially true when England doesn't have a similar product.
England yet houses a massive aerospace industry producing everything for a fledged air superiority fighter.
You could believe whatever you want. There are precursor to this fighter. Like Hürjet and Hürkuş.
Hurjet is a light trainer which at best can be a precursor of a Gripen like jet. There are no techs involved produce a medium fighter, leave alone an FGFA.
You could be surprised what dedication and perseverance could achieve when a nation's independence is in danger. It's sweat and blood. There are literally thousands of engineers working on this fighter jet.
It's from a decade ago. See what people wrote about the humiliating situation we were in and how much has changed since then. Back then we were at the mercy of a small states like Israel for simple drones for counter-terrorism and they would just spit on our face. Today, actually this week, we're expecting our stealthy fighter drone to make its first flight. This progressed has just happened in a mere decade. Why? Because we were desperate and helpless. We knew we had to do it ourselves. And we did it. Today Israel's drone program can be nowhere near of ours. And that's the success of thousands of engineers' sleepless nights and days. It was not cheap. And these are some of their achievements in UAVs.
If that was the logic, Vietnam would have become a world power after war. Emotions don't make up anything. No amount of sweat or emotions can do anything.

Total budget, R&D, experience matter, Turkish aerospace industry is an importer and assembler of components from western Europe, producing drone & basic jets which also explains how can Turkey could come up with a fifth generation air frame in a shorter time than US, Russia, China, India, Japan & UK/France taking in their programs despite zero prior experience with making a combat jet. It's credibility is good as Iran's Qaher-313.

rodeo

Country flag
England yet houses a massive aerospace industry producing everything for a fledged air superiority fighter.

Hurjet is a light trainer which at best can be a precursor of a Gripen like jet. There are no techs involved produce a medium fighter, leave alone an FGFA.

If that was the logic, Vietnam would have become a world power after war. Emotions don't make up anything. No amount of sweat or emotions can do anything.

Total budget, R&D, experience matter, Turkish aerospace industry is an importer and assembler of components from western Europe, producing drone & basic jets which also explains how can Turkey could come up with a fifth generation air frame in a shorter time than US, Russia, China, India, Japan & UK/France taking in their programs despite zero prior experience with making a combat jet. It's credibility is good as Iran's Qaher-313.
I don't need to make outrageous claims. Fortunately, our defense projects have clear timelines and i'm sharing the developments to the best of my abilities here. We don't need to wait a decade to see if we're up for the challenges or not. Just waiting a few months more will be enough. Then the picture will become more clear.

I wrote a few posts about our capabilities regarding the critical subsystems. I'm more curious to know what components you meant by "Turkish aerospace industry is an importer and assembler of components from western Europe"
Write some of these components we're importing from the West and I will look into them and try to provide what's our situation is.

additional info: TFX project has started in 2010, not when we got removed from JSF program.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
I don't need to make outrageous claims. Fortunately, our defense projects have clear timelines and i'm sharing the developments to the best of my abilities here. We don't need to wait a decade to see if we're up for the challenges or not. Just waiting a few months more will be enough. Then the picture will become more clear.

I wrote a few posts about our capabilities regarding the critical subsystems. I'm more curious to know what components you meant by "Turkish aerospace industry is an importer and assembler of components from western Europe"
Write some of these components we're importing from the West and I will look into them and try to provide what's our situation is.

additional info: TFX project has started in 2010, not when we got removed from JSF program.
What I’d like to know is if this is all in-house R&D, how is Turkiye able to finance it given the bad economy and the overall relatively smaller size of your defense industry? Also, appears there is significant brain drain happening in your country. Plus the average aerospace engineering pay is only USD10000 a year, almost the same as in India. Yet the R&D output is quite big. Something does not add up. IMO, The only thing that can explain is relatively cheap access to advanced technologies as a NATO member.

Abdus Salem killed

Turks want to make SMRs good choice

rodeo

Country flag
What i dislike about you guys is large parts of your programs are black spaces development labs equipment etc ?
No research papers by TAI or very small amounts
Take a look at these thread.

rodeo

Country flag
A rough summary of 2022

The titles are in Turkish unfortunately. They're mostly things that went into service or exported first time.

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
Oh yeah. Next year, for sure. But the thing is, it has to fly on March 18th. At least, that's what the CEO says. Doable or not, is remaining to be seen.
Looking at your industry's attitude it's sue u gonna achieve

jai jaganath

Country flag
How far is india?
Yeah we have made many radars starting from bfs to 2d to 3d to 4d (land based)
GaN and GaA airborne radars
We have made radars for awacs coverage of 240-300
We have made or developed 360 radome but haven't used it
Few crown jewel is lrmfr and swordfish
Mind it these are very general names and types very very general
I haven't written in details with various varieties and iterations
As post will be damn long
Pls visit radar related threads u will understand Cleary as it has been discussed very technically
Any things written are very basic many types radars exists be it for bmd or ship borne or airborne
Pls do visit radar related threads

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
What do you mean with all purpose,we have all kinds of drones?
What happened the indian drone program?
Indian drone program is kind of technology specific , we have ATOL capability, we have weapon integration technology , we have anti drone technologies ,but only issue is induction , our trials are more extreme than any other military , for eg the seeker on spike atgm couldn't achieve the parameters of testing , our nag atgm had to be optimised to fill all those criterion to operate in Thar with accuracy, u can say that it's one of the best ir seeker for atgm

Global Defence

New threads

Articles