Turkish defense industry news updates

rodeo

Country flag
New developments for the TFX program

The CEO Temel Kotil has said that the program has been pushed forward and will make its first flight on October 29th, 2024. Earlier, the year 2025 was the target for the maiden flight. He gave more information;

- First prototype will have landing gears and engines installed by December 20th(two weeks from now)
- There will be four prototypes. Three TFX Block 0(will be produced by the end of 2026) and one TFX Block 1
- First delivery in 2028.
- Production rate: 2 per months but can be scaled if need arises
- 10 TFX Block 1 delivery to the Air Forces in 2029.

rodeo

Country flag
New developments for the TFX program

The CEO Temel Kotil has said that the program has been pushed forward and will make its first flight on October 29th, 2024. Earlier, the year 2025 was the target for the maiden flight. He gave more information;

- First prototype will have landing gears and engines installed by December 20th(two weeks from now)
- There will be four prototypes. Three TFX Block 0(will be produced by the end of 2026) and one TFX Block 1
- First delivery in 2028.
- Production rate: 2 per months but can be scaled if need arises
- 10 TFX Block 1 delivery to the Air Forces in 2029.

- First landing gear delivered by TAAC yesterday.
- First prototype has over 170.000 holes drilled on it by hand. The processes will be automated in 4-5 years.
- Teams working on the prototype 24/7.
- There are over three thousand engineers working directly on the program.
- The Turks that are working abroad who have extensive experience are highly utilized in the project.

jai jaganath

Country flag
I didn't mention it before but TAI was the producer of F35's center fuselage before Turkey got removed from the program.

I just wanna say
Guys chill down literally u guys are on steroids
Pls cut down ur protein intake guys
I am amazed by the work done by Turkish
I am not talking about tfx only I am talking about drones, ships, anti drones, armored vehicles, radar developments, etc literally every field
Each and every defence manufacturing field is like on booster in your nation

rodeo

Country flag
- TFX's mid section with the wings was manufactured vertically as a single piece. It weighs 4 tonnes. And the aircraft will be comprised of 4 main sections.

NutCracker

Country flag
I didn't mention it before but TAI was the producer of F35's center fuselage before Turkey got removed from the program.

was fuselage made using press ??

What is the heaviest press available in Turkey ??

rodeo

Country flag
was fuselage made using press ??

What is the heaviest press available in Turkey ??
You mean the bulkheads? I don't know which material is used with center fuselage bulkheads. If it's titanium, we can't press it. I don't know the heaviest press in Turkey.

rodeo

Country flag
TEI TF10000

TF10000 is the Afterburner version of TF6000. It has 6000lbf dry and 10000lbf wet thrust. The engine is TEI's first time designing a turbofan. The engine is intended for Turkey's supersonic drone programs like KIZILELMA or TISU. In addition, this engine will be used as a test-bed for implementing and testing the solutions for heat signature reduction.

"Having implemented the project with its resources considering Türkiye's turbofan engine needs, TEI is developing the first indigenous turbofan engine, TEI-TF6000, with 6000 lbf dry thrust. The engine, designed to support afterburner version, will provide more thrust together with the afterburner.

The TEI-TF6000 Turbofan Engine and its derivatives to be developed from its core engine are available to be employed on various national platforms such as manned-unmanned warplanes, business jets, regional passenger planes, civil-military helicopters with 10-ton take-off weight, gunboats, and power plants.

With the TEI-TF6000 project, TEI aims at carrying out the design, development and manufacturing stages of the Turbofan Engine, accessory subsystems, fan module, variable fixed blade compressor, flow mixer exhaust, afterburner for the first time in Türkiye, and achieve ground breaking technology, local supplier industry companies, and experienced human resource in our country."

TF6000 specs;

Technical Specifications
  • Dry thrust (SLS, ISA): 6.000 lbf
  • Dimensions: 860x1100x2250mm
  • By-pass Ratio (SLS, ISA): 1,08
  • Specific Fuel Consumption (lbf/lbs.h): 0,70
  • Configuration
    • Fan: 2 stage axial
    • Compressor: 6 stage axial
    • Turbine: 1 stage HPT - 1 stage LPT
    • Combustion Chamber: Through Flow

The design of the engine is completed. TF6000 is in prototype-building phase. The engine will be ignited in 2023, first time. And TF10000 is expected to follow shortly thereafter.

rodeo

Country flag
Refrain yourself from taking this thread into politics. There's enough of that already in other threads. I cannot maintain the thread if it turns into source of racism like the others. So hold your horses. This is applicable to all members regardless of nationality.

NutCracker

Country flag
Well to sum up, all of this stuff does not amount to 0000.1% of our politics, let's hope for better days and get back to the fun military stuff. 😉

rodeo and Abdus Salem killed is right.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Refrain yourself from taking this thread into politics. There's enough of that already in other threads. I cannot maintain the thread if it turns into source of racism like the others. So hold your horses. This is applicable to all members regardless of nationality.
Rodeo Effendi , the thread is your sanjak and you are the sanjak bey of this thread.
Post here freely ,I will say only that

TFX

Country flag
Hi bro,how do i change account name?

Abbey

Country flag
intorduce yourself here first

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles