Turkish defense industry news updates

Abdus Salem killed

not know the answer to that question.
Ask on defence.hub
What i dislike about you guys is large parts of your programs are black spaces development labs equipment etc ?
No research papers by TAI or very small amounts
Bcs i was suprised you were developing radars planes etc without RCS labs
Tejas development in full started after 2015 when orange RCS lab was built in India
The RCS took 4 years to be built and is constantly being upgraded
How do you even test all your radar crossection stuff without it ?
@Vamsi any idea how you can develop jets without RCS labs ?

rodeo

Country flag
Ask on defence.hub
What i dislike about you guys is large parts of your programs are black spaces development labs equipment etc ?
No research papers by TAI or very small amounts
Bcs i was suprised you were developing radars planes etc without RCS labs
Tejas development in full started after 2015 when orange RCS lab was built in India
The RCS took 4 years to be built and is constantly being upgraded
How do you even test all your radar crossection stuff without it ?
@Vamsi any idea how you can develop jets without RCS labs ?
I said I do not know the answer, I didn't say we don't have RCS testing facility. The news about the new RCS testing facility says "it will be the biggest in Turkey." So that indicates that we already have at least one.

If you don't like my answer, you should go and ask yourself on defencehub. And try avoiding using imperative mood on me. I'm not your errand boy.

Last edited:

rodeo

Country flag
BAYKAR CEO: "BAYKAR exported more than 1 billion dollars to 18 different countries in 2022. Export agreements accounted for 98% of the contracts we signed in 2022."

To date, export contracts have been signed with 25 countries for Bayraktar TB2 and 5 countries for AKINCI.

Super falcon

Country flag
Turkey is all set to induct next year's first half world first ever fully operational drone carrier in it's navy seems like it is blessing in disguise for them because drone carriers easy to main more lethal than F 35 and you get new replacement within a days

NutCracker

Country flag
Turkey is all set to induct next year's first half world first ever fully operational drone carrier in it's navy seems like it is blessing in disguise for them because drone carriers easy to main more lethal than F 35 and you get new replacement within a days

@rodeo what are the runway requirements for TB2 ?? 200m will suffice ??

And wings might need to be folded ? lift width ??

rodeo

Country flag

TB3 is the carrier-capable version, not TB2. TB3 is using PD170 engine, which is more powerful than the Rotax 912 of TB2. It'll have folding-wings, a bigger airframe and sturdier undercarriage. We expect TB3 to make its first flight in a few months.

rodeo

Country flag
National VLS was fired for the first time today. Test was a success. The missile used was Hisar RF.

Super falcon

Country flag

Yes wings on TB 2 can be folded too but they can easily land on these Juan Carlos class ships since they are very light

rodeo

Country flag
Yes wings on TB 2 can be folded too but they can easily land on these Juan Carlos class ships since they are very light
This is not true. There's a reason why BAYKAR is developing TB3. It's entirely for carrier-capability. TB2 was not designed for that. With bigger engine and airframe, TB3 will be able to carry 300kg payload as opposed to TB2's 150kg.

Super falcon

Country flag
This is not true. There's a reason why BAYKAR is developing TB3. It's entirely for carrier-capability. TB2 was not designed for that. With bigger engine and airframe, TB3 will be able to carry 300kg payload as opposed to TB2's 150kg.
E0yUlcmXoAIkWkt.jpg

E6z9CaVXMAMYVEA.jpg

E6z9CaWXIAMCUo_.jpg

E6z9CaTXEAAvPFR.jpg

E60IzuQXEAQzjBx.jpg

images (3).jpeg

images (2).jpeg

Super falcon

Country flag
TB 2 are very small sized drones with folded wings they are even easy to take off and land if Turks was planning to use F 35 on them than these 50 percent smaller in size drone than F 35 will have no issues to be used on these Turkish LHDs

Super falcon

Country flag
Did they test it with any helo carrier ??

Weight is not a problem. Programming the UAV's control laws to land on moving platform is..
Also it's turbo prop so it's mtow is another issue.
These are easy to operate because turk carrier a little bigger in size than originally Juan Carlos

rodeo

Country flag
TB 2 are very small sized drones with folded wings they are even easy to take off and land if Turks was planning to use F 35 on them than these 50 percent smaller in size drone than F 35 will have no issues to be used on these Turkish LHDs
The renderings you posted are TB3s, not TB2(except the fifth photo but that's irrelevant with the topic).

rodeo

Country flag
IHTAR Anti-Drone System

İHTAR Mini/Micro UAV Air Defense System is used to protect military zones, strategically significant urban and rural areas from Micro / Mini UAV threats. ASELSAN’s İHTAR system consists of Radar and Electro-Optical sensor which are used for detection, tracking and classification of the threats. Due to its modular structure, it can work in coordination with multiple sensors. Command and Control system integrates and controls all these subsystems.

While integrated RF Countermeasure could be used for jamming, ŞAHİN, GÖKER and LSS(Laser Weapon System), other products of ASELSAN, co-operate with İHTAR to offer hard-kill solutions.

ASELSAN ŞAHİN

The grenade launcher fires a 40 mm high-velocity airburst grenade called ATOM. ATOM 40 mm is programmed via Fire Control Unit (FCU), which can be integrated into any automatic grenade launcher. The 40 mm ATOM is smart ammunition which can be programmed to the exact time of detonation while leaving the barrel. Once fired, the time-programmable fuse counts down for detonation at the intended target point. Using a pre-fragmented shell which is optimized for the target set, high hit probability is ensured. FCU provides the user to see and approve the target, measures the distance to the target and calculates the time required for the ammunition to air burst.

ASELSAN GÖKER

ASELSAN LSS(Laser Weapon System)

Global Defence

Articles