Turkish defense industry news updates

rodeo

Country flag
Americans don't want anybody else to have 5th gen birds of their own making, even allies. The Mitsubishi Shinshin is dead thanks to them.
We have enough engines to produce and test many prototypes. But i also think that they will stop delivering engines once the serial production begins. And they won't, under no circumstances, allow TFX to be exported with American engines. That's for sure.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
We have enough engines to produce and test many prototypes. But i also think that they will stop delivering engines once the serial production begins. And they won't, under no circumstances, allow TFX to be exported with American engines. That's for sure.
Nothing less than Pratt & Whitteny, RR can provide you the proper engine for 5the gen. I think Turkeys priority is to roll out a make do product for the short term and continuously upgrade the platform whenever possible.
At the current configuration it does not seem like it would even have 50% of F22s full capability.

NutCracker

Country flag
Nothing less than Pratt & Whitteny, RR can provide you the proper engine for 5the gen. I think Turkeys priority is to roll out a make do product for the short term and continuously upgrade the platform whenever possible.
At the current configuration it does not seem like it would even have 50% of F22s full capability.
Nah GE is fine too. Their GE414EPE can be upgraded to 115kN at nearly same weight of 1200kg. It is Same thrust to weight as PW100 of f,35.

rodeo

Country flag
The aircraft is bigger than F22. Even with its current F110-GE129 engines it's underpowered. The raw power of TFX will be 70.000 lbf. That's why TEI is developing a military turbofan at 35.000lbf thrust. And the engine we seek from RR is also in this range. TEI CEO has said many of the stealth technologies for the engine will be implemented and tested on TF6000(6.000 lbf dry thrust) in the next few years.

rodeo

Country flag

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

rodeo

Country flag
Do you guys have a rcs test facility ?
In August, TAI CEO has announced that they will soon begin construction of the RCS facility. It'll be the fifth largest RCS facility in the world. It's expected to become operational in Q2 2024.

If true, its a pretty bad "stealth" plane.... Having > 1m^2 RCS on VHF radar is really poor. Even assuming 80% absorbtion (very good RAM) then 0.3 m^2 is hardly stealth. More like "stealth-like" design than a stealth drone.
I'm quoting the remarks section of the said presentation.

"MIUS UCAV model shape showed good control of RCS from X-band(8 GHz) up to L-band(1 GHz). This large spikes of specular RCS does not enter into critical sector (-45 to 45 degrees) but only become visible outside of those sector. L-band however shows some degradation of the shaping feature indicated from the apparent large spike at 45 degrees angle, resulted from the multiple reflection phenomenon originated from canard junction. Inclusion of Absorber may help reduce it. At VHF band, the shape lost its ability to "control" the specular spikes. That behavior however is to be expected from the resonance/MIE phenomenon as the wavelength approach the size of the waving feature."

Besides, the drone has composite, monocoque shell body and will have ram coating. I'm sure the quoted 0.24 RCS will get much lower because of these. And this is not an official work. It's from an amateur enthusiast.

Last edited:

Abdus Salem killed

TAI CEO has announced that they will soon begin construction of the RCS facility. It'll be the fifth largest RCS facility in the world. It's expected to become operational in Q2 2024.
I have been hearing about this for 4 years
How are you going to make a stealth plane without a RCS lab ?
Do you guys have a flying test bed ?

Abdus Salem killed

TAI-Tübitak Near field RCS test & analyse facility & TAI-Far field RCS test facility
  • The facility will analyse/test critical RCS figures of aircrafts up to 25m length.
  • According to information, There are 4 facilities that is in same level with the TAI’s RCS facility.
  • RCS info has to be kept secret so this facility has serious importance to protect the key features of TF-X.
    It will be operational in 2021.
Again was supposed to be built in 2021 now it's 2024
An RCS is the minimum requirement for any fighter don't tell me you guys made hurjet without an RCS lab
Which ones did you even use ?

rodeo

Country flag
Again was supposed to be built in 2021 now it's 2024
An RCS is the minimum requirement for any fighter don't tell me you guys made hurjet without an RCS lab
Which ones did you even use ?
I do not know the answer to that question.

This no news on this either
That's already operational. The article is in Turkish but you could use google translate.

https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/ekonomi/turkiyenin-dev-kompozit-tesisi-ankarada-uretime-basladi/2108115

rodeo

Country flag

Is this operational yet ?
The construction has started last year.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles