Turkish defense industry news updates

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
It has liquid cooled system designed by ASELSAN. F16 modernization program is called ÖZGÜR and within the program we're stripping out the avionics of the aircraft and replacing with our own. And AESA radar is one these subsystems. To learn more about it,

https://www.aviacionline.com/2022/0...ernizing-its-f-16-with-indigenous-technology/

To add: We already have GaN AESA radars in service. But MURAD radar will be the first aerial AESA we developed.
Too different to be compared ,ground based , different band of operation

abingdonboy

Country flag
Regardless of who designed this bird, it's already in prototype construction phase. We didn't even sanction the funds for AMCA yet.
View attachment 183502
Effective and decisive leadership matters. Whilst most IDDM projects are held hostage to the same winding babu ladder and red tapism countries like Russia, Turkey, SK etc who have clear targets and threat matrixes just get on with it.

it’s 2022 and they only just have the LCA MK.2 CCS sanction, AMCA and IMRH have nothing to show for themselves, they don’t even know which engines they’ll put in them

all the talent in the world won’t save you when you have this level of neglect from the top to the bottom.

India is synonymous for underperforming and punching below its weight, there’s a reason for it.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
TAI has 20k+50k(70k) cores supercomputer but we cannot speculate on the performance without knowing the FLOPS count.
Nothing with research academia ??

rodeo

Country flag
F35 vs TFX(Sensor Suite):

F35:
  • EOTS (MWIR Forward Looking IR + IRST)
  • DAS (360⁰ IR Situation awareness + IRST)
  • Nose GaAs AESA radar
  • MADL protected data transfer and communication in-flight F35s

MMU:
  • BEOS (L/MWIR MCT (NAR project)) FLIR and targeting system for air to air/air to ground missions (F35 EOTS equivalent)
  • Nose sensor: Infrared Search and tracking (F35 have EOTS + DAS used as IRST)
  • Yıldırım DIRCM: Infrared counter measure (F35 don't have DIRCM yet)
  • Nose GaN AESA + Side looking GaN AESA radars for 360⁰ situation awareness and tracking (F35 don't have 360 degree radar coverage capability)
  • FSS 360⁰ Situation awareness + UV solar blind MWS (F35 DAS equivalent)
  • IVDL protected data transfer and communication with in-flight TFXs (F35 MADL equivalent)

by Cabatli

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Yıldırım DIRCM: Infrared counter measure (F35 don't have DIRCM yet)
Not needed ,as utility of dircm is not much if you see in perspective of new gen ir guided missile.

Nose GaN AESA + Side looking GaN AESA radars for 360⁰ situation awareness and tracking (F35 don't have 360 degree radar coverage capability)
You sure on that ?? Have you seen panel on f 35 , it got panel for wide band ew everywhere , which can as a passive receiver provide 360 degree awareness .
  • IVDL protected data transfer and communication with in-flight TFXs (F35 MADL equivalent)
That's just a high speed secured datalink

blackjack

Country flag
You sure on that ?? Have you seen panel on f 35 , it got panel for wide band ew everywhere , which can as a passive receiver provide 360 degree awareness .
i think he means active radar tracking for 360 degree coverage

Abdus Salem killed

TAI has 20k+50k(70k) cores supercomputer but we cannot speculate on the performance without knowing the FLOPS count.
That's it no flop count even ? 🤔
I read def hub closely was seeing your comments on not getting to excited or thier will be dissapointed

blackjack

Country flag
Not needed ,as utility of dircm is not much if you see in perspective of new gen ir guided missile.
Has this new gen missiles been able or proven to deter DIRCMs. We have heard talks about DIRCM for F-35 to get it to even physically destroy missiles, and a missile minauture self defense APS in which I wonder how long we will wait to see which will be implemented.

DIRCM is still probably better than old fashion flares most aircrafts use

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
@rodeo. Congratulations probably we will see a muslim fifth generation fighter jet, before we see a Hindu fifth generation fighter jet .
The Christians made them long ago though

Abdus Salem killed

Defhub thread on tfx it's got some info

rodeo

Country flag
@rodeo. Congratulations probably we will see a muslim fifth generation fighter jet, before we see a Hindu fifth generation fighter jet .
The Christians made them long ago though
Thanks
I don't really look at these things from religion perspective. Turkish identity is not built on being Muslim. This is especially true with the young generation being more and more irreligious. I actually bet that quite a big chunk of the engineers who are working for the defense industry are deists/atheists.

That's it no flop count even ? 🤔
I read def hub closely was seeing your comments on not getting to excited or thier will be dissapointed
I said we should lower our expectations for the reveal. But I couldn't imagine we would get such a complete and superb looking aircraft. I was not even sure if the wings were produced or not. But I was proved wrong.

rodeo

Country flag
I want to share some information about Turkey's infrared detector production capabilities and share many images(posted by Combat-Master from defencehub) detailing the involved processes.

ASELSAN has been producing FPAs from QWIP(Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector), Microbolometers, MCTs and T2SL(Type 2 super-lattice).

InGaAs SWIR FPA Development

Uncooled Microbolometer Aselsan SAFIR-640

MCT Detector Development

1280x1024 MWIR MCT Video(low-resolution)

ASELSAN has been mass producing infrared photodetectors with QWIP over a decade now. Here's a video showing the facilities used for the manufacturing. It's from 2013 and in Turkish but you skip to the fifth minute to see the process.

The videos are outdated but it should give you a rough idea about ASELSAN's area of work and its capabilities.

https://www.aselsan.com.tr/QWIP_64020_7447.pdf
https://www.aselsan.com.tr/High_Speed_QWIP_640_6223.pdf
https://www.aselsan.com.tr/QWIP_640_3846.pdf
https://www.aselsan.com.tr/Dual_Band_QWIP_640_7163.pdf

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles