Turkish defense industry news updates

johnj

Faster delivery.

EOTS need time to validate. On the other existing Avionics are being tested on Tejas MK1A and MK2 platform. So, we can have matured products and AMCA line can use it. Once EOTS got ready we will move to MK2 which will have lot of RCS reduced feature.
I think Drdo already working on external EOTS for lca mk2.

AnantS

Country flag
Quick question, Is the FCS being developed in house? How many LRUs are sourced within turkey? Was CFD Analysis of design carried out in house or help taken from BAE?

rodeo

Country flag
Hats off to you guys
Truly Incredible
U have proven that where there is will there is way
Amazing guys
I think the entire design is yours
If so then no words exists to commend u
We have BAE systems as a subcontractor. They have 100-200 engineers working in Turkey to consult the project. There must be over 2000 Turkish engineers working on the project now. The CEO has once said there needs to be 5000 engineers to complete the project successfully in all of its facets. Every year the company adds more than a thousand engineers and train them in various projects and then integrate them into TFX project. I should search the internet for the latest figures. The numbers I gave above might be outdated.

jai jaganath

Country flag
We have BAE systems as a subcontractor. They have 100-200 engineers working in Turkey to consult the project. There must be over 2000 Turkish engineers working on the project now. The CEO has once said there needs to be 5000 engineers to complete the project successfully in all of its facets. Every year the company adds more than a thousand engineers and train them in various projects and then integrate them into TFX project. I should search the internet for the latest figures. The numbers I gave above might be outdated.
I am asking whether the design is completely developed by Turkey of co developed with some other nation
Just a query

rodeo

Country flag
I am asking whether the design is completely developed by Turkey of co developed with some other nation
Just a query
by TAI. No question about it. We have no joint-venture with any country(except some subsystems like landing gear development).

Gyyan

Country flag
Is there any info on the Aesa?

jai jaganath

Country flag
its not their design, aerodynamics & stealth are not that easy to master & that too without having any prior experience of designing a fighter aircraft
Answer:-
by TAI. No question about it. We have no joint-venture with any country(except some subsystems like landing gear development).
Better if @rodeo can provide any article or tweet regarding it

Vamsi

Country flag

between HF-24 & Tejas, we had decades of gap, it took us literally decades to develop a single engine, 4.5gen Tejas & now you believe that Turks developed a Twin Engined, heavy weight Stealth 5th gen aircraft without having a prior experience of working on a 4.5gen aircraft.

Aerodynamics & Stealth are not that easy to master, it's a learning curve, it will take decades to master them

jai jaganath

Country flag
between HF-24 & Tejas, we had decades of gap, it took us literally decades to develop a single engine, 4.5gen Tejas & now you believe that Turks developed a Twin Engined, heavy weight Stealth 5th gen aircraft without having a prior experience of working on a 4.5gen aircraft.

Aerodynamics & Stealth are not that easy to master, it's a learning curve, it will take decades to master them
Let him provide any article or source
Lets make opinion later bro

rodeo

Country flag

I'm not working for TAI so I cannot know to what degree BAE is involved with the design. They provide assistance. It's Turkey's project after all. All IP belongs to us. TAI have powerful supercomputers to aid design process. It's not like we're in the 80s. And we've been using BAE infrastructure for some testing because we had not the proper testing facilities.

This is from BAE Systems Website from 2017:

Ankara, Turkey: In the presence of The Prime Ministers of Turkey and the United Kingdom, BAE Systems and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) today signed a Heads of Agreement to collaborate on the first development phase of an indigenous fifth-generation fighter jet for the Turkish Air Force – TF-X.

This announcement builds upon a pre-contract study phase between BAE Systems and TAI.

Signing this agreement in Ankara ahead of a planned contract with a value in excess of £100 Million, BAE Systems Chief Executive, Ian King, said: ‘‘BAE Systems is a leader in designing, manufacturing and supporting fighter aircraft and is in an excellent position to contribute technical and engineering expertise and experience of managing complex projects to this key Turkish programme. The announcement signals an exciting next step in relations between both Turkey and the UK with the co-operation between BAE Systems and TAI paving the way for a deeper defence partnership. The agreement confirms ongoing collaborative work on the design and development of the aircraft."

At its peak hundreds of Turkish and UK engineers will collaborate on the TF-X programme helping to support collaboration on the skills, technology and technical expertise required to deliver the programme.

Vamsi

Country flag
Let him provide any article or source
Lets make opinion later bro
There is nothing to make opinion later, it's simple logic, it's impossible to develop niche technologies without having any prior experience. TF-X in all probability is BAE design(just like how Dassault offered to design Tejas,but we rejected that offer)

Abdus Salem killed

We had no money then Turks are incredibly rich bro

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles