Turkish defense industry news updates

Abdus Salem killed

According to Turkey ,The Turkish Hurjet will make its first flight in last quarter (October, November, December) of 2022. Meaning this year we will see the Hurjet make its 1st flight. By the way, has Turkey selected any engine for Hurjet still?
Gone no sign of hurjet yet ?

rodeo

Country flag
Several Hürjet prototypes are being built for ground-tests and for flight tests. The latest image we got was from a month ago(non-technical people are highschool students),

And this image(below) is from Aug 31, 2022

Malaysian PM visiting TAI, behind Hürjet prototype

King of Malaysia

Apparently the wiring takes a long time. It's understandable considering this is the first prototypes of the aircraft. It's impossible to make its first flight by the end of the year, imo. But the CEO reiterates the date March 18, 2023 for its first (public)flight. We'll see if they can hold to that schedule.

On Tayfun(Typhoon) missile, it was more like a reveal thing than a test. Greece and Turkey has sea-border disputes and Greece has been in a buying spree of advance weapons and since Turkey is embargoed and her most of ingenious advanced weapons are in prototype phase(meaning not ready), the army released the existence of the ballistic missile(the missile was already in inventory) as a deterrent so the Greeks don't have funny ideas. This is the way I interpret it. The real reason might differ, I don't know. With the test, the missile hit a target 561 km away from the launch site. Launch to hit took 458 seconds. There's no official figure for the max range of the missile but it's speculated between 700-850 km. The test showcased that Turkey has the means to hit even the remotest parts of Greece from Turkey. That's why it made quite a splash in the news both in Turkey and in Greece.

@Super Flanker @Abdus Salem killed @BON PLAN

Last edited:

rodeo

Country flag
A few more Hürjet pictures from a few months ago,

Malaysian King signing a Hürjet plate,

Below image(from a science fair in Turkey), KIZILELMA is a real(flight-worthy) protoype, Hürjet is a mock-up, F16 real ofc and MMU/TFX is also a mock-up. It gives a sense of comparative size of the aircrafts.

Abdus Salem killed

Several Hürjet prototypes are being built for ground-tests and for flight tests. The latest image we got was from a month ago(non-technical people are highschool students),

And this image(below) is from Aug 31, 2022

Malaysian PM visiting TAI, behind Hürjet prototype

King of Malaysia

Apparently the wiring takes a long time. It's understandable considering this is the first prototypes of the aircraft. It's impossible to make its first flight by the end of the year, imo. But the CEO reiterates the date March 18, 2023 for its first (public)flight. We'll see if they can hold to that schedule.

On Tayfun(Typhoon) missile, it was more like a reveal thing than a test. Greece and Turkey has sea-border disputes and Greece has been in a buying spree of advance weapons and since Turkey is embargoed and her most of ingenious advanced weapons are in prototype phase(meaning not ready), the army released the existence of the ballistic missile(the missile was already in inventory) as a deterrent so the Greeks don't have funny ideas. This is the way I interpret it. The real reason might differ, I don't know. With the test, the missile hit a target 561 km away from the launch site. Launch to hit took 458 seconds. There's no official figure for the max range of the missile but it's speculated between 700-850 km. The test showcased that Turkey has the means to hit even the remotest parts of Greece from Turkey. That's why it made quite a splash in the news both in Turkey and in Greece.

@Super Flanker @Abdus Salem killed @BON PLAN
Thank God you are back can you spread this forum on some Turkish forums so more Turks can join thanks 🙏

rodeo

Country flag
Thank God you are back can you spread this forum on some Turkish forums so more Turks can join thanks 🙏
Considering the general attitude of this forum's members towards Turks, I don't think many Turks would be too keen on joining DFI. I still visit the forum a few times a week to see the developments with AMCA and indigenous(Indian) engine programs. But at some point in the future(probably in a few months) I plan to write a detailed post about the developments in Turkish Defense Sector in the last year(aerial platforms, naval platforms, engines, missiles, radars, EOTS etc).

You guys allow students in your top secret labs wtf ?
Hürjet is not a top secret program. TFX is.

Abdus Salem killed

Considering the general attitude of this forum's members towards Turks
Indians are on PDF even though they are our mortal enemies and write shit about us who know ?
Also do you actually read dfi or did i just catch you today by a lucky chance

Abdus Salem killed

On Tayfun(Typhoon) missile, it was more like a reveal thing than a test. Greece and Turkey has sea-border disputes and Greece
How good even is this missile ? Compare it to an Indian missile or an international missile will help us understand what stage of prototyping you guys are at

Abdus Salem killed

Considering the general attitude of this forum's members towards Turks, I don't think many Turks would be too keen on joining DFI. I still visit the forum a few times a week to see the developments with AMCA and indigenous(Indian) engine programs. But at some point in the future(probably in a few months) I plan to write a detailed post about the developments in Turkish Defense Sector in the last year(aerial platforms, naval platforms, engines, missiles, radars, EOTS etc).

Do you know MMM-E from pdf he writes some shit on us as well
Respect is a two way street just last week Turks were making fun of Paras aerospace for "copying" byatkar drones
We do not take insults lying down 👎 man
Sorry if we hurt your feelings

Last edited:

Abdus Salem killed

Here should we take these comments on Tejas lying down ? Verbal abuse happens on both sides
I have no hate towards you guys
You can't clap with one hand
But still i admire you for sticking to this thread
Helps me understand your industries better
Bcs i actually have no idea what you guys are building i try to understand but all articles make it seem like these products will appear soon so i xant understand where turkey actually is
It's good to have a genuine turk educating us on your platforms

rodeo

Country flag
How good even is this missile ? Compare it to an Indian missile or an international missile will help us understand what stage of prototyping you guys are at
It's not a prototype. It's a ballistic missile that is already in service. I cannot compare it to any other missiles because we(public) don't know much about it. We only know it flew 561 km in 458 seconds. Due to the reason we are signatory of MTCR(Missile technology control regime) we cannot export it to any country. So I doubt we will ever know its true range. But it's speculated to be between 700km-850km.

Indians are on PDF even though they are our mortal enemies and write shit about us who know ?
Also do you actually read dfi or did i just catch you today by a lucky chance
Like I said, I visit the forum every other day. I would've seen your post in two days tops.

Do you know MMM-E from pdf he writes some shot on us as well
Respect is a two way street just last week Turks were making fun of Paras aerospace for "copying" byatkar drones
We do not take insults lying down 👎 man
Sorry if we hurt your feelings
MMM-E should've been banned from PDF long time ago. Me and many other Turks have repeatedly warned him to tone down and stop being racist. But somehow he is tolerated there.

Here should we take these comments on Tejas lying down ? Verbal abuse happens on both sides
I have no hate towards you guys
You can't clap with one hand
But still i admire you for sticking to this thread
Helps me understand your industries better
Bcs i actually have no idea what you guys are building i try to understand but all articles make it seem like these products will appear soon so i xant understand where turkey actually is
It's good to have a genuine turk educating us on your platforms
Twitter is a shitshow. Every teenager who has access to Google-Translate can spew out whatever f*cked up idea or narrative he has on that platform. It has no quality. But that behavior you see there doesn't excuse your(I don't mean you as a person) racism towards his nationality. Every individual is responsible for his own actions. If I didn't insult anyone, I don't expect or accept any such behavior that targets me or my community. So do not think you can justify your racism based on other people being racists. You're just reducing yourself to their level.

Abdus Salem killed

@rodeo what's your opinion on this "brother" of yours paki sitting in uk ?
Would you send your f-16s to them when nuclear war commences bcs we have to know who we have to nuke before the last hurrah
This guy seems to think so tell me what's your honest opinion man i would like to know if common Turks support these guys
IMG_20221021_010712.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles