Turkish defense industry news updates

maximus777

Country flag
According to Turkey ,The Turkish Hurjet will make its first flight in last quarter (October, November, December) of 2022. Meaning this year we will see the Hurjet make its 1st flight. By the way, has Turkey selected any engine for Hurjet still?
Hoor-jet sounds like a corporate plane for Turkish playboy mansion :bplease:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Turkey is far from making even a Basic 4th generation Trainer/LCA. Can such a Country which doesn't even have the experience of making a basic 4th generation Trainer/LCA actually make a major leap-forward and suddenly start Operationalising 5th Generation Aircrafts? Seems highly unlikely.
It's one of the Erdogan dreams...

1645625830458.png

Erdo only see enginers on this picture, when I see mainly pîckpockets.

Aeronautical pickpockets maybe.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
It's one of the Erdogan dreams...

View attachment 139191
Erdo only see enginers on this picture, when I see mainly pîckpockets.

Aeronautical pickpockets maybe.
Erdogan is always a dreamer and nothing else. Before Erdogan came to power. That time, Turkey was more secular but after Erdogan came into power, it has basically become an islamic republic in my opinion.

Super Flanker

Country flag
1. 0 + 0 = 0
2. 0 - 0 = 0
Keeping the Jokes aside. We need to Definitely have our watch on these Developments. My best bet is that Pakistan will merge project AZM with TAI-FX. Instead of Participating in 2 separate Projects and allocating resources to both, better to concentrate all of it in one Program only. I Feel like this may be the end of Project AZM.

karn

Country flag
Keeping the Jokes aside. We need to Definitely have our watch on these Developments. My best bet is that Pakistan will merge project AZM with TAI-FX. Instead of Participating in 2 separate Projects and allocating resources to both, better to concentrate all of it in one Program only. I Feel like this may be the end of Project AZM.
Project azm exists in PowerPoint presentations..
Atleast Tai fx has BAE support. Expecting this thing to fly this decade is doubtful. 6 years of flight testing minimum..assuming nothing goes wrong .
All I see from them is marketing.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Project azm exists in PowerPoint presentations..
Atleast Tai fx has BAE support. Expecting this thing to fly this decade is doubtful. 6 years of flight testing minimum..assuming nothing goes wrong .
All I see from them is marketing.
Project AZM is just a mere concept. Till date there has been no clue to how exactly will this project AZM Even look like. That is why Pakistan is going ahead and collaborating with Turkey for a 5th generation fighter. Anyways Turkey plans to have the Fighter in service by 2028 but a more realistic timeline would be 2032 +. TAI FX is probably the Only hope of Pakistan to Acquire a 5th generation fighter.

karn

Country flag
Iran did do some aircraft building, seems like they made a prototype that would "look" stealthy, painted it black and said its their fighter.
This look stealthy business is a massive scam.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
This look stealthy business is a massive scam.
While its clear they had a bad design, I think it may have better side radar reduction. Though it wont save it from aircraft attacks or any SAR spying.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
TAI TFX might be a bit late than specified timeline, but I think they will be able to build it. BAE is helping them out. Turkey has a good industrial infra. UK has given export license to all its defense contractors to export to TAI TFX.

As far as Pakistan is concerned, they will do some minor modification on the jet for Pakistani version and call it Pakistan made version (like JF17).

I do think Pakistan will have 5th gen aircraft before us.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
TAI TFX might be a bit late than specified timeline, but I think they will be able to build it. BAE is helping them out. Turkey has a good industrial infra. UK has given export license to all its defense contractors to export to TAI TFX.

As far as Pakistan is concerned, they will do some minor modification on the jet for Pakistani version and call it Pakistan made version (like JF17).

I do think Pakistan will have 5th gen aircraft before us.
Before us ,nope , Tai is doing random things , building few parts in the bulkhead section and say that they have started manufacturing , whereas , the bulkhead testing is part of initial testing phase , after that if the bulkhead shows some deviation from what were designed specs in FEA models then it is inspected and changes are made .

Talking of radar , no GaN aesa in site ,not even a array is displayed yet .

EOTS , no development yet , they have made a targeting pod , which can help in experience , but no maws like system for fighter jets yet .

So it will be a uphill task .

Even design hasn't been finalized yet

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Before us ,nope , Tai is doing random things , building few parts in the bulkhead section and say that they have started manufacturing , whereas , the bulkhead testing is part of initial testing phase , after that if the bulkhead shows some deviation from what were designed specs in FEA models then it is inspected and changes are made .

Talking of radar , no GaN aesa in site ,not even a array is displayed yet .

EOTS , no development yet , they have made a targeting pod , which can help in experience , but no maws like system for fighter jets yet .

So it will be a uphill task .

Even design hasn't been finalized yet
I have full faith in ADA+HAL+Babudom :)

Tang

Country flag
I had anticipated this a while back that Pakistan will eventually either go ahead with Turkey or China to fullfil it's Requirement for a 5th Generation Fighter Aircraft Because Project AZM was just a myth and nothing else.

Pakistan knows very well that it doesn't have the capacity, Capability, R&D and Money to build 5th generation fighters so they have decided to partnership with Turkey.
They don't have skill, capacity and money to do R&D and production of even 3rd gen jet.
Forget about 5th gen jet.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles