Turkish defense industry news updates

Vamsi

Country flag
How can it carry ASRAAM missiles on its wings if it's a stealth drone? Won't it accompany AMCA? Wouldn't that compromise the 5th gen fighter?

If it's not going to fly along AMCA then why it's stealth and this small. You could've gone with a conventional design with more payload capacity that could actually utilize stand-off missiles.
AMCA's wingman will always be Ghatak, hence both these are closely tied to each other, CATS Warrior is primarily for Tejas Mk-1/1A, Tejas-Mk2 & other non-stealth birds.

Vamsi

Country flag
Our research and development is way better than a random guy on a forum can tell , some professor works on fusion energy in our college, we have a Tokamak operational.
Offtopic, which Tokamak is it?? Aditya or SST-1??

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
How can it carry ASRAAM missiles on its wings if it's a stealth drone? Won't it accompany AMCA? Wouldn't that compromise the 5th gen fighter?

If it's not going to fly along AMCA then why it's stealth and this small. You could've gone with a conventional design with more payload capacity that could actually utilize stand-off missiles.
It will mostly be flying along tejas , or in its own formations , a bigger variant of it is planned with higher thrust engine

standard snowball

Country flag
I don't really understand what requirements made the authorities in India start the project CATS Warrior. If the specs I read online is true, it's too small for any meaningful impact. It can't cover long distances and ,again, too small to have an internal weapons bay(or a very small IWB with no standoff missiles). It cannot carry the weapons on it's wings if it's intended to be a wingman drone.

Ghatak, on the other hand, can be a serious troublemaker for the adversaries if matured enough, and produced in large numbers.

How can you not need AKINCI type drones and be able to develop it in less than 12 months while at the same time pay billions($3 billions to be exact) of dollars to the US for 30 Reaper UCAVs?

CATS is a loyal wingman, its has a combat radius of 750km (similar to tejas mk1) which in my view is quite decent (but it should be more), the reason its small and will carry such an small amount of armament is because its expendable and is desgined to take hits coming for the mothership, or crash into the target if needed.
the thinking here is to have multiple cheap small systems insted of a big and heavy system like x58 or mq28
a typical cats warrior in general (unless specified otherwise) will carry much less amount of sensors than a typical mq28 or xq58, for example mq28's intended purpose is to increase the sensor suite and weapons payload of the package where as cats is intended as a protector and weapon carrier for its package.
And according to some rumors CATS is desgined to be scalable so its very likely that we can see a bigger cats warrior with a higher thrust engine.
a typical cats package will include 3-4 cats warrior, each carrying a different type of payload like aam or gbu's.
also its not intended to operate in highly contested airspace

Gyyan

Country flag

The companion UCAV of AMCA is ghatak.
The cats warrior forms a strike group with tejas.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Turkey is developing a new stealth UCAV by the name of Anka-3. On Twitter, IDRW posted this :

IMG_20221225_112943.jpg

The way the tweet is saying that "Anka-3 shares many similarities with Ghatak" makes me think that IDRW is advocating that Turks have copied Ghatak's design.

If that is the case then Tbh, I don't see any similarities between "Anka-3" & DRDO's Swift, the only thing which I find common between the two is that they are both based on the flying wing design, we have many examples of flying wing, i.e B-2, YB-35, the newly unveiled B-21 etc.

I hope no one is advocating that the Turks are copying our GHATAK cause that would be stupid to think, we have many examples of flying wing UCAVS such as the American X-47, the Russian S-70, European NEURON etc. Anka-3 is just another example of a flying wing design UCAV.

Dassault NEURON
nEUROn.jpg

Sukhoi S-70 Okhotnik-B
Russian-UCAV-S70-Hunter.jpg

B-2 bomber
5d8b8b882e22af338a013746.jpg

Etc.

All the best to Turkey in their Anka-3 and KIZILELMA program.

Super Flanker

Banned
TUSAŞ's Anka-3 Unveiled

7cb33345-2f4b-4d88-a4e7-92c033270e6c.jpg

Yeni Şafak newspaper published two images of a jet-powered Anka-3 UAV. Vice President Fuat Oktay first mentioned ANKA-3 at the 2023 budget talks at the Parliament.

The V-shaped aircraft does not have horizontal and vertical stabilisation to reduce its RCS. In terms of appearance, the UAV resembles Russia's Ohotnik, USA's X-47B and Europe's nEUROn projects.

The ANKA 3 will be powered by a turbofan jet engine, and its MTOW will be approximately 7 tons. The UAV will reach a speed of 0.7 Mach. ANKA-3 will have internal and external weapon stations. The aircraft is mainly developed for air-to-ground missions. It will conduct ISR, deep-strike and destruction/suppression of enemy air defence (DEAD/SEAD) missions.

TUSAŞ started the Anka-3 project in February 2022.

Article link : https://www.turdef.com/Article/tusass-anka-3-unveiled/2598

rodeo

Country flag
Yes. TAI is assembling a tailless, flying-wing stealth drone. It's expected to fly in Q1 2023. The reason I did not post the news is that the photos that are used to represent ANKA-3 came from a dubious source(Yeni Şafak newspaper). I wasn't impressed by the quality of renderings and was waiting for TAI to release the official photos/renderings.

blackjack

Country flag
The MTOW is closer to either the neuron and bae taranis but nowhere near the MTOW of Su-70 and the X-47B in which some classifications for drones should be labeled differently. And we will have to see if the rear exhaust will get modified like the Su-70 or X-47B, or possibly not since I don't know if the intended goal is to make it cheaper and mass produced in a short amount of time for customers.

rodeo

Country flag
The most recent TF-X photo. An unofficial leak. Not the best angle. The setup suggest that it was prepared for a presentation. The aircraft has the landing-gears, the control surfaces and the engines(reportedly) installed.

We expect new photos and possibly a video released today or in the coming days.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
The most recent TF-X photo. An unofficial leak. Not the best angle. The setup suggest that it was prepared for a presentation. The aircraft has the landing-gears, the control surfaces and the engines(reportedly) installed.

Effenedi, come to ground also
I mean ,I like these updates but post something about land forces of turkiye
I want artillery, I request you to post updates on artillery systems please
Specially the type of mortars or light field guns etc .
A turk should post about artillery , always

Ajax01

Country flag

So no DSI?

TheBoz

Effenedi, come to ground also
You know Turkish terms my guy 😄! also 'come to ground also' 😂😂
Specially the type of mortars or light field guns etc .
A turk should post about artillery , always

BORAN is a 105 mm air-transportable howitzer designed by MKE and ASELSAN. Boran has a 105 mm (30 caliber) barrel and is capable of firing 6 rounds per minute with a range of more than 17 kilometers when using long-range ammunition. Boran howitzers are operated by a crew of five and can be set up in less than a minute.

It weighs 1745 kg including the Fire Control system, can be transported using helicopters and a variety of light vehicles.

Aside from Aselsan’s command and fire control systems, BORAN is outfitted with a Muzzle Velocity Radar (MVR), a night vision system, a battery, and a generator.

The artillery system can fire at elevation angles of -3 to +70 and 8 degrees right-left, it can carry out all types of strike missions for 8 hours without ceasing at temperatures ranging from -32°C to +44°C.

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Banned
It seems so.
I think the INTAKE design on the TFX is going to be similar to the one used on the F-22, the F-22 uses a rhombohedral shaped jet intake. The design of the intake on the TFX prototype seems to be rhombohedral shaped too.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles