Turkish defense industry news updates

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Turks are doing good but they beat chest more than their achievements . They want to build best radar in world but couldn't develop a good enough Vivaldi ,forget about ultra wide band ones . If our Bor conical Vivaldi frutify early we may see it in amca , which will give it a unfair advantage as it will require single type of array for c,s,x band radars and seperate ones for l and k band if developed

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Seems like we're good in radars
With mk2 uttam getting ready
I think we would be at par with western counterparts
We are getting very good on the hardware side but don't know what is our capabilities in algorithm side. There's still a wide gap between us and the top of the line western radar and with the induction of Uttam mk2(GaN based vivaldi) in our airforce the gap will get narrower. The funny thing is Russia being the guy having one of the most experience in developing airborne x band radar is still very much behind the US/France/Italy and even china. Russia's algorithm side is very strong whereas their hardware side is shit. Their 5th gen Su57 still uses slot antenna arrays whereas US have moved on with Ultra wideband arrays. Also their claims of Bars and Ibris detecting targets beyond 350km is shit

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I wish that drdo would commision a mock of mk 2 and amca . All development has gone all hush hush especially SWIFT
There is a reason for that. India being a chaotic democracy has a lot of arms lobbies to tackle with. Meanwhile Erdogan can quash any such lobbies with an iron first easily. Look at how IAF is defiantly holding out against indigenous projects. Till now they haven't committed to Tejas Mk2 or the now fully-tested LCH.

karn

Country flag
There is a reason for that. India being a chaotic democracy has a lot of arms lobbies to tackle with. Meanwhile Erdogan can quash any such lobbies with an iron first easily. Look at how IAF is defiantly holding out against indigenous projects. Till now they haven't committed to Tejas Mk2 or the now fully-tested LCH.
LCH is not fully tested.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Pakistan has joined Turkey's TFX 5th gen fighter program says CEO of Turkish aerospace.

TFX may be service ready by 2027-28 {AMCA could be 2-3 years behind it}, which means India would need a 5th gen fighter (F-35/Su-75) as a stop gap.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Pakistan has joined Turkey's TFX 5th gen fighter program says CEO of Turkish aerospace.

TFX may be service ready by 2027-28 {AMCA could be 2-3 years behind it}, which means India would need a 5th gen fighter (F-35/Su-75) as a stop gap.
Pakistan has joined TAI-FX program. Let's see what happens with Pakistan as partner in this program. I don't think so that Pakistan will contribute anything significant to TAI-FX program.

Pakistan is mostly going to be a Financial partner in this whole program and may do something here and there but I doubt that TFX will fly before 2030.

Super Flanker

Country flag
let hoorjet come then we will see how much feasible tai tfx is.
When I first heard of Turkey's TAI FX program. I thought to myself :

"Is this some kind a joke? A country that has yet to produce even a prototype of any kind of combat aero plane is going to build a 5th generation in 5-6 years and for that paper plane we are supposed to buy the white elephant. Lol , turkey should 1st Operationalise it's own 4th Generation Aircraft which is something that They have never made till date but they are making something called the Hurjet but Hurjet is only on paper even Today and not even a Prototype of it even exists and how can you expect such a country to Operationalise 5th generation Technology Aircrafts? "

Let's see what happens.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles