Turkish defense industry news updates

Azaad

Country flag
This is normal against Russia. Still Ukrainians use them from safe distances to monitor and target. They can get visuals from , and light targets from 100km.
Russia has AWACS , and many aircrafts to monitor air hence tb-2 or other UAVs with small speeds prone to be destroyed.
Still they are used time to time.
They bombed many tanks in the first days of the war.
More over, Ukraine does not have sophisticated ew systems to operate them under well protected areas.
How old are you?

I ask this in all sincerity for even 18 year olds out here know that a drone can't survive a contested air space which means you need to have not only complete air superiority but sanitize the ground below to a reasonable degree from MANPADS & other such vectors or platforms which is easier said than done.

The criticism of these drones is coz the Turks & the Turkish establishment were hyping up their performance as if it was the next best thing to emerge from Turkey after Doner Kebab. And this criticism isn't coming from some 3rd party but from the user itself. Now cope with it.

tfxkaanf23

How old are you?

I ask this in all sincerity for even 18 year olds out here know that a drone can't survive a contested air space which means you need to have not only complete air superiority but sanitize the ground below to a reasonable degree from MANPADS & other such vectors or platforms which is easier said than done.

The criticism of these drones is coz the Turks & the Turkish establishment were hyping up their performance as if it was the next best thing to emerge from Turkey after Doner Kebab. And this criticism isn't coming from some 3rd party but from the user itself. Now cope with it.
They destroyed many air defense systems and radars in Syria and Armenia as well. Manpads
can not destroy them! They can operate up to 28k feet which is much above manpads maximum altitute. With suitable ew applied, they are able to operate even with out gps etc. And they can destroy many radar systems and air defense systems. They also destroyed many air defense systems of Russians in Ukraine!!
The issue right now is , Russia uses so many systems to counter this UAVs.

Azaad

Country flag
They destroyed many air defense systems and radars in Syria and Armenia as well. Manpads
can not destroy them! They can operate up to 28k feet which is much above manpads maximum altitute. With suitable ew applied, they are able to operate even with out gps etc. And they can destroy many radar systems and air defense systems. They also destroyed many air defense systems of Russians in Ukraine!!
The issue right now is , Russia uses so many systems to counter this UAVs.
Syria & Armenia only reinforce my point about uncontested air space which means no rival air power flying unhindered & relatively sanitized from ADS too . MANPADS was used as a generic to counter ALL drones not exclusively restricted to Bayraktar.

The Russians started out as they usually do , fighting incoherent battles . It was as they came to grips with the situation they got their act together. The same will be true of any country with a decently equipped armed forces .

Drones typically work well with countries which lack a decent air force or ADS like Syria today or Armenia.

MysticBuzz

Country flag
How old are you?

Who claimed TB2s can operate in contested air space? Are you taking some twitter accounts euphoria and ignorance as a representative of Turkish MIC? Of course these slow moving, big targets with propellers with very little situational awareness would be easy targets for any capable airforce. This is as true for TB2s as for Reapers. Houthis downed an MQ-9 only like a month ago.

Azaad

Country flag
Who claimed TB2s can operate in contested air space? Are you taking some twitter accounts euphoria and ignorance as a representative of Turkish MIC? Of course these slow moving, big targets with propellers with very little situational awareness would be easy targets for any capable airforce. This is as true for TB2s as for Reapers. Houthis downed an MQ-9 only like a month ago.
Well that post you've quoted was aimed at whoever among Turks was triumphant about the Bayraktar & other Turkish armaments be it lay people or fanboys or officials .

Incidentally this landed up in my feed some time back . Thought I should quote it here. Shows us the level of indigenization Turks keep insisting they've achieved including out here on all their products including the Bayraktar .

If this piece of information is extrapolated on to other offerings of the Turks it doesn't make for a very flattering read.

Amid the criticism, Turkish officials, along with the drone maker itself, Baykar Technology, have defended the TB2 as a critical tool for developing nations and embattled democracies like Ukraine. The drone “is doing what it was supposed to do – taking out some of the most advanced anti-aircraft systems and advanced artillery systems and armored vehicles,” Selçuk Bayraktar, the firm’s chief technology officer, told Reuters in May. “The whole world is a customer.”

MysticBuzz

Country flag
Well that post you've quoted was aimed at whoever among Turks was triumphant about the Bayraktar & other Turkish armaments be it lay people or fanboys or officials .

Incidentally this landed up in my feed some time back . Thought I should quote it here. Shows us the level of indigenization Turks keep insisting they've achieved including out here on all their products including the Bayraktar .

If this piece of information is extrapolated on to other offerings of the Turks it doesn't make for a very flattering read.

I don't see what's wrong with the quote. TB2 is the perfect tool for counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency and ISR. We all watched hours of videos TB2s destroying Armenian, Syrian or Iraqi eauipment. And for Ukraine, if it weren't for TB2s the Russian convoy which was heading towards Kiev would capture the capital at the beginning of the war.

TB2 is probably the least sophisticated drone we have but it's cheap, rugged and reliable. Its software is updated almost every week because of its extensive use in all geographies. It has almost 1 million hours of flight time under its belt and was exported to more than 30 countries. If that's not a successful product then I don't know what is.

Azaad

Country flag
I don't see what's wrong with the quote. TB2 is the perfect tool for counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency and ISR. We all watched hours of videos TB2s destroying Armenian, Syrian or Iraqi eauipment. And for Ukraine, if it weren't for TB2s the Russian convoy which was heading towards Kiev would capture the capital at the beginning of the war.

TB2 is probably the least sophisticated drone we have but it's cheap, rugged and reliable. Its software is updated almost every week because of its extensive use in all geographies. It has almost 1 million hours of flight time under its belt and was exported to more than 30 countries. If that's not a successful product then I don't know what is.
Where did I claim there's anything wrong with the quote ? Are you claiming the Russian invasion of Kiev was abandoned purely because of the Bayraktar coz that's what it looks like ?

I believe the article linked by myself covers a lot of issues including the issue of indigenization of the Bayraktar as opposed to what Baykar & Turkish officials claimed.

What it doesn't dispute is that the Bayraktar drone is a cheap solution for un contested airspaces but then that's true for any half arsed drone like Bayraktar.

Blademaster

No the convoy wasn't stopped because of the TB2s. It was stopped due to Russian special forces failure to secure the dams that were released to flood the passages into Kiev which halted the convoy.

tfxkaanf23

Presidency of defense industry signed below agreements with TUSAŞ.

- 4 block 0 and 12 block 1 order for hurjet
-40 additional hurkus-b order to 15 previous order .totally 55 hurkus-b order. First delivery next year. Hurkus-b is advanced version of hurkus with composite fuselage and new avionics.
-20 gokbey helicopter order(additional 115 will be ordered with Turkish ts-1400 engine after first 20 deliveries)
-kaan project next stage approved. This stage will be performed till 2029. So this stage should include complete all tests, completing all 6 prototypes and producing 20 block 10 kaans

tfxkaanf23

First national 76 mm mke naval gun has been mounted on hisar class patrol ship future tcg Akhisar. Harbor and sea acceptance tests will be performed.
Firing tests completed last year on land and on one of the patrols ships

tfxkaanf23

MKE was producing barrels for Italian oto melara 76 mm gun for more than 12 years. However due to delays in new orders and 3-4 years delivery time, mke started to develop new 76 mm naval gun with İstanbul naval shipyard of army. With some private research institutes,MKE made 76 mm gun ready in 4 years after successful tests.
It differs from oto melara guns. It has digital control system, it has electrical actuators instead of hydraulic.
MKE is working on 127 mm naval gun as well aiming to complete and make it ready for tf-2000 project.

tfxkaanf23

Turks think they have the money for this
View attachment 249942
This will be operational after 2035.
Before this, we will build 7 additional istif class frigates and 7-8 tf-2000 class air defense destroyers.
Our istif class İstanbul frigate has midlas vls which can launch hisar-d and hisar-d block 2 in quadruple.while remaining istif class ships and new tf-2000 destroyers will have midas strike vls which can launch long range siper air defense missile, atmaca anti ship missile and gezgin cruise missile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles