Turkish defense industry news updates

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Until one week, Russia.
Now Ukraine.

Why?
I think the request of Russia not to see NATO forces on its immediate border is true. It was agreed between Gorbatchev and the then US President. The move of NATO to the east is an error, so is the no answer to Putin who asked for 15 years to ink a global security deal between the west and Russia.

But the 5th day actual war is a big mistake from Mr Putin. It is, for yearSSS, the return of the cold war between west and Russia.
Putin will loose all : a fall of its economy, the reinforcement of NATO, the reinforcement of all the west european armies, Germany on top. Putin will have only one choice : to go in the chinese hands, for the bad and the bad.
A global mistake from the west not to have understand the legitim Russia security needs, and the russian mistake to use such brutality and threaten the west to use nuclear weapons (it's not as clear, but it's a first time in russian mouth).

A GREAT LOST OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A GREATER EUROPE. It's sad. And it's mainly the US fault (not to understand the russia need for security)
Why you eurorpans fear Russia?
Didn't bismarck once said that , " it is best to get a treaty with Russia "

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Guys! This thread is about the TFX fighter program and NOT the Russian invasion of Ukraine. There's a separate thread for this war.......

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Do Turkish use french facilities for aerospace system's testing ?
No. They have their own Testing facilitaties to test various things like Missile Engines, Small Aircrafts, aerodynamics at their Turkish Aerospace Industries's Compound.

Tuco

Country flag

Spitfire9

Country flag
If this is true than well, good work by them. Looks like they just might pull it off.
This reduces the risk of TF-X having no engine for the production version when it is ready to go into series production, doesn't it? I could not see local engine development producing an engine in time for production to start in the 2020's.

We will see if this project really gets under way and stays under way in the next couple of years.

Tuco

Country flag
This reduces the risk of TF-X having no engine for the production version when it is ready to go into series production, doesn't it? I could not see local engine development producing an engine in time for production to start in the 2020's.

We will see if this project really gets under way and stays under way in the next couple of years.
With current evolving situation, lots of uncertainties/confusion/realignment happening. With us, as of now, being completely dependent on US and the speed with which they can change their colors sometimes makes me wonder whether choosing GE was the right choice. Hopefully the touted partnership with Safran will bear fruit for us.

Spitfire9

Country flag
With current evolving situation, lots of uncertainties/confusion/realignment happening. With us, as of now, being completely dependent on US and the speed with which they can change their colors sometimes makes me wonder whether choosing GE was the right choice. Hopefully the touted partnership with Safran will bear fruit for us.
I am confident that you will get a working engine through a deal with SAFRAN. The measure of IP transfer and know how/why will be tested if India cannot develop a practical fighter engine with similar technology entirely on its own 10 years from now. My reservation is that India might pay $5billion/$6billion/$6+billion and still not be able to develop competitive engines on its own.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
My reservation is that India might pay $5billion/$6billion/$6+billion and still not be able to develop competitive engines on its own.
That's a too underestimating statement , given we have basic building blocks with us .

Secondly , i wanna ask ,is it safe for RR to venture out with turkey who will be in bigger economic mess 10 year from now

Tuco

Country flag
That's a too underestimating statement , given we have basic building blocks with us .

Secondly , i wanna ask ,is it safe for RR to venture out with turkey who will be in bigger economic mess 10 year from now
RR may just be looking for investment in its RnD efforts. If they get the investment and everything works out fine they can market it themselves as Israel is doing with B-8, of course we do not know what both have agreed upon. With India favoring Safran , I think this is the safe bet for them. Wonder what SK is doing on the engine front. 10 years is a long time, we cannot predicts the alignments. You know how quickly west can seize and block, our own LCA experience.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

Tuco

Country flag
Now that RR dont seems to be involved in an Indian dev, they are dealing with Turkey. Pityfull.
Will they be the main engine provider for the Euro jet? I mean for the European sixth gen attempt.

Pandora

Country flag
They are doing good in UCV dept wish we could learn a lesson or two and start working on it seriously now.
Most of the turks /morocons I met are morons , don't even know the difference between in vitro -in vivo test.You think they made their drones etc etc.Most of them are European whites specially french working in their plants / RnD department . Personal experience in pharma domain.( BTW morocons/turkish girls are hot :p)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles