Turkish defense industry news updates

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
They don't have skill, capacity and money to do R&D and production of even 3rd gen jet.
Forget about 5th gen jet.
I would not underestimate them that much. The Turks probably Definitely have the expertise to build a 3rd generation fighter and also a basic 4th Generation Trainer Aircraft like how they are trying with Their TAI Hurjet (atleast some of the parts of a 4th Gen Aircraft)

But yes I agree that they don't have any expertise in making a 5th Generation Aircraft. I don't understand Why are Turks do Delusional and believe that they can build a 5th generation fighter when they can't even build the Prototype of a Basic 4th generation fighter.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
do we have any program to develop missile like kinzhal ??

its hypersonic (mach 10) and brahmos is supersonic

Tang

Country flag
I would not underestimate them that much. The Turks probably Definitely have the expertise to build a 3rd generation fighter and also a basic 4th Generation Trainer Aircraft like how they are trying with Their TAI Hurjet (atleast some of the parts of a 4th Gen Aircraft)

But yes I agree that they don't have any expertise in making a 5th Generation Aircraft. I don't understand Why are Turks do Delusional and believe that they can build a 5th generation fighter when they can't even build the Prototype of a Basic 4th generation fighter.
I was talking about Pakistan

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I was talking about Pakistan
You meant to say Here Pakistan? Sorry. I thought you meant to say Turkey and yes Pakistan probably doesn't have the knowledge to make a basic 4th gen Trainer on its own and these guys are Dreaming of joining project AZM(lol).

Shuturmurg

Country flag

Probably most of their components are going to come from UK.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
When they mean "with BAE cooperation" does it mean off the shelf imports or BAE giving the Turks all the know how and know why?
Nah ,BAe won't do all the export as price paid is low , it helps in supply of engineers (yeah turkey don't have enough good engineer ) and helping them to correct their path if they go in totally wrong direction

Concard

Country flag
Nah ,BAe won't do all the export as price paid is low , it helps in supply of engineers (yeah turkey don't have enough good engineer ) and helping them to correct their path if they go in totally wrong direction
I didn't get you. How can be the price of export of components be low? Given the choices BAE can set exuberant price yet the Turks will pay for it since no is as willing to help them out. What do you mean by supply of Engineers? Are you saying UK lacks Engineers in Aerospace domain?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I didn't get you. How can be the price of export of components be low? Given the choices BAE can set exuberant price yet the Turks will pay for it since no is as willing to help them out. What do you mean by supply of Engineers? Are you saying UK lacks Engineers in Aerospace domain?
Turkey lacks engineers , not UK , and about price of export ,yeah they can charge exorbitant but for those where competition is less in supplier market

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Russia or Ukraine
Until one week, Russia.
Now Ukraine.

Why?
I think the request of Russia not to see NATO forces on its immediate border is true. It was agreed between Gorbatchev and the then US President. The move of NATO to the east is an error, so is the no answer to Putin who asked for 15 years to ink a global security deal between the west and Russia.

But the 5th day actual war is a big mistake from Mr Putin. It is, for yearSSS, the return of the cold war between west and Russia.
Putin will loose all : a fall of its economy, the reinforcement of NATO, the reinforcement of all the west european armies, Germany on top. Putin will have only one choice : to go in the chinese hands, for the bad and the bad.

A global mistake from the west not to have understand the legitim Russia security needs, and a russian mistake to use such brutality and threaten the west to use nuclear weapons (it's not as clear, but it's a first time in russian mouth).

A GREAT LOST OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A GREATER EUROPE. It's sad. And it's mainly the US fault (not to understand the russia need for security)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles