Turkish defense industry news updates

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
Either he is a turk or a packie , certainly not an American.
Because he knows too much about turkey and other place than a American should be .

I don't think we should rush to call people turkies or Pakis just like that.

It's well known that turkey has grander designs and Erdogan wants to make turkey a major power.

This guy's assumption that turkeys plans will succeed or are terrifying are ofcourse questionable.

I've seen many rw indians also talk about Turkey's designs especially using strukish funded mosques in Europe and scholarship programmes in India.
Turkey is a more capable enemy than pakistan when it comes to soft power over indian muslims.

Don't discount them.

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
We need a thread to discuss trukeys geopolitical ambitions and threats to India.

Is there one already? I haven't found it

Trt world is already busy in propaganda against us including love jihad laws kashmir etc.
Many Indian libbus are talking it seriously.

ladder

Country flag
Erdogan also destroyed potential collaboration on 5th gen fighters between India and Turkey by his idiotic comments on Kashmir issue.
Now Turkey does not enjoy good relations with major defense powerhouses like france&US
India and Turkey collaboration on 5th fighters, was that even on the cards? Was that ever discussed?

Raaakisazih

Country flag
We need a thread to discuss trukeys geopolitical ambitions and threats to India.

Is there one already? I haven't found it

Trt world is already busy in propaganda against us including love jihad laws kashmir etc.
Many Indian libbus are talking it seriously.
Need to fight a covert war with turkey a covert support to Pkk would be a good start

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Their fighter is superior to F-35 and it is not to complex and will be finalized 2023. Turkey has no use of inferior chinese or Russians jets but it was to create weapons superior to everyone else. Turkey won't be kicked out NATO ever. NATO can't risk everyone going over to China it will be the end of western hegemony as we know if that were to happen. So NATO needs Turkey and PAKISTAN yes I said Pakistan more than the other way around. The US can't risk everyone joining China's axis if that were to happen it is over for them. They can even create an alternative currency and keep it in Asia.

The US needs Pakistan, Turkey, Central Asian nations as neutral and friendly countries not joining up with China as they are about to do if pushed to much and it could create a cripple effect where everyone joins China's camp. You will end up with the EU, US, and India facing everyone else? The US won't put itself at such weak position. Pakistan is non-NATO ally whereas India is not and Turkey is NATO ally that should tell you everything you need to know
Their fighter is only a paper dream so far.
Last time a country purchased a totally paper fighter is Netherlands when they choose the F35 over Rafale for a 2% best eval... but an eval between a real fighter with real perf, and a F35 that was on paper able to supercruise and as agile as a F16. Two "quality" the final product don't have. The 2% best eval was in fact a minus 20%.
NATO don't need Turkey. It's only not to give Turkey to Putin that justify the actual position.
If Turkey was so important, why the two US presidents stopped the F35 furniture? (it was probably the wrong analysis of Erdogan the fool).
Pakistant? bigger LOL.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Erdogan also destroyed potential collaboration on 5th gen fighters between India and Turkey by his idiotic comments on Kashmir issue.
Now Turkey does not enjoy good relations with major defense powerhouses like france&US
Turks would have never collaborated with India as their ambitions are very different from ours. India's policy is that of pacifist negotiation being the PLAN A while defensive use military as PLAN B. Post 1947, no Indian government has had the spine to encourage territorial takeover and leverage these territories for concessional negotiations; so much so that the Indian Army was called back after gaining significant territory against Pakistan in the 1971 war.

Turks on the other hand want to reclaim the Ottoman Empire and become a world power, with a seat in the high tables alongside France, Russia, USA, Germany and the UK. While the Indian government under the current pacifist liberal democratic setup will never use 5th generation fighters to strike proactively into enemy territory (thereby nullifying any incentive for private research to emerge), Turks won't hesitate to use such military assets.

Call them whatever you like but they export more weapons systems than India does. Whether they were able to extract ToT from the Koreans or the Europeans, the point is, they are working towards self-reliance. 70% of their defence sector (sans their air force) requirements are already being met domestically. MBRLs, APCs, IFVs, MRAPs, MGS, SAMs, towed artillery, howitzers, corvettes, frigates, destroyers, trainer aircraft, guided and unguided munitions, MANPADs, radars, electronic warfare systems, surface control radars, etc. are all being developed in-house. If they can convince the Europeans to part with their tech and hand it over to the Turks, that is smart play.

I don't think we have the right to mock them, considering how Rajnath Singh is turning our forces into Import Armed Forces (as an Indian guy on Twitter hashtagged it) under "emergency purchase mechanism" even when nearly finished equivalents can be derived or developed at war footing locally for our eastern flank.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Their fighter is only a paper dream so far.
Last time a country purchased a totally paper fighter is Netherlands when they choose the F35 over Rafale for a 2% best eval... but an eval between a real fighter with real perf, and a F35 that was on paper able to supercruise and as agile as a F16. Two "quality" the final product don't have. The 2% best eval was in fact a minus 20%.
NATO don't need Turkey. It's only not to give Turkey to Putin that justify the actual position.
If Turkey was so important, why the two US presidents stopped the F35 furniture? (it was probably the wrong analysis of Erdogan the fool).
Pakistant? bigger LOL.
Turkey controls Bosphorus, the most critical location for the NATO alliance in southern/southeastern Europe. Bosphorus is the gateway to engage Russia. If Turks are pushed too far, they can simply pull out of the Montreux Convention and completely ban non-Black Sea nations' naval fleets from entering the region. An expulsion of Turkey from NATO could also result in Turks stopping the development of the alternate canal through Istanbul and instead start charging hefty levies on trade ships that enter and leave the Black Sea - Especially, for merchant ships that bear the American, French, British or Greek flags.

Turkey knows this dilemma that the NATO allies face and is leveraging its geographic position wisely (albeit with what appears to be religious overtones to earn brownie points with the global Muslim population).

It is amusing to see how quickly our members conveniently criticize Turkey when they are doing quite a good job of using the Anglo-world's weakness for involvement against them.

I have no love lost for Erdogan but the man (and arguably his planners) is taking the 2 most arrogant and neo-colonial countries by their horns. If Erdogan wasn't funding Islamist radicalism in our country, I'd be cheering for him.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Islamic fighter is coming boiz to defeat hindu baniya
I vividly remember several Indian members mocking Turkey's ambitions to become a drone-based powerhouse a few years ago. And then they all ended up with eggs on their face. While the DRDO cannot even deliver a Rustom-2, with the only achievement being a change in its name to Tapas UCAV, Turks have not only developed and inducted 1 UCAV but several variants and even tested them successfully in wars and CT operations.

Coming back to the Islamic fighter jet, they can be sure of the disappointment they face when seeing empy skies in response on the Indian side. The AMCA won't be anywhere in IAF at least till 2045-50. The projected time is 2032 which is exactly 10 years from now.

If you think ADA and DRDO are going to deliver that on time, I don't think you are ready for a serious discussion here.

SavageKing456

Country flag
I vividly remember several Indian members mocking Turkey's ambitions to become a drone-based powerhouse a few years ago. And then they all ended up with eggs on their face. While the DRDO cannot even deliver a Rustom-2, with the only achievement being a change in its name to Tapas UCAV, Turks have not only developed and inducted 1 UCAV but several variants and even tested them successfully in wars and CT operations.

Coming back to the Islamic fighter jet, they can be sure of the disappointment they face when seeing empy skies in response on the Indian side. The AMCA won't be anywhere in IAF at least till 2045-50. The projected time is 2032 which is exactly 10 years from now.

If you think ADA and DRDO are going to deliver that on time, I don't think you are ready for a serious discussion here.
Eh?
If you watch carefully turks mock our projects with taking example of tejas,in which they don't even have an iota of understanding.
Regarding UCAV,importing subsystems and exporting is not a big deal,even india can do the job.
If you would've seen the subsystems of bayrakhtar,you wouldn't say this at all.
This is the case with most of their projects.
And this turkish project unrealistic,I'm not mocking but rather stating facts that how they would propagate it as the "best fighter made by muslim country and self-pride"
This is not the case with Indians,we're actually quite pessimistic w.r.t to our projects unlike turks

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Yeah, lol.
1625162056095.png

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Eh?
If you watch carefully turks mock our projects with taking example of tejas,in which they don't even have an iota of understanding.
Regarding UCAV,importing subsystems and exporting is not a big deal,even india can do the job.
Buddy, I am not talking about a moral high ground here. I am saying that we are a much larger power and a more prominent nation, both historically, militarily as well as economically. Despite this, we are unable to punch at our weight, let alone above it.

Bayraktar has several imported components but after several European members halted them, the Turks are making them in-house. One such supplier was the UK-based Andair company that refused to sell components to Turkey after finding out that they were used in the drones shot in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. They have already prioritized and started developing the components in house as they have to honor their export contracts with more than 6 countries.

The same thing is happening with TEI. When Turks used the Austria-based Rotax engines in their drones, Bombardier, the owner of Rotax based in Canada blocked the exports. Guess what? Turks went at that alone as well. Here.

My point is we are like the top 6 Titans on this planet and we behave like a Cyprus or a Panama, while Turks are smaller and take on securing their strategic interests aggressively

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Changing already. I shared the link with you in my previous post.

It is easy to mock; but very difficult to acknowledge and improve.

Show me how many Tapas UCAVs have been inducted. The damn thing isn't even armed yet even as a concept.

Meanwhile, Rajnath Singh is importing like no tomorrow, leasing armed drones from the US for a rip-off price.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Changing already. I shared the link with you in my previous post.

It is easy to mock; but very difficult to acknowledge and improve.

Show me how many Tapas UCAVs have been inducted.
I’m waiting for you to call T-129 as a Turkish helo and then seethe that look how much they inducted and compare it the LCH we inducted, lol.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Eh?
This is the case with most of their projects.
And this turkish project unrealistic,I'm not mocking but rather stating facts that how they would propagate it as the "best fighter made by muslim country and self-pride"
This is not the case with Indians,we're actually quite pessimistic w.r.t to our projects unlike turks
Pessimistic eh, lol.
Very pessimistic just like our tshering bhai is .

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I’m waiting for you to call T-129 as a Turkish helo and then seethe that look how much they inducted and compare it the LCH we inducted, lol.
I am specifically talking about UAVs here. Please don't bring other things. This way, the debate can go into land systems as well. Would you like to go there? TAI-129 is a license-built version of the A-129 and this is something even new enthusiasts know it.

My point is, they are using whatever means they can muster to secure their industry production. We are not. If we are, it is so slow & troublesome that the net effect is nullified.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles