Turkey Syria Earthquake 2023

indiatester

Country flag
The thread closed to set the guidelines and to make a general statement on this topic.

Our condolence to people who have lost lives and their loved ones in this disaster affecting Turkey and Syria. May Ishwar help them and give them strength to recover from this calamity expeditiously.

Turkey under its current dictator has made many strategic investments in media etc., to undermine India and formed alliances with India's enemies to create an atmosphere against our leadership and citizen especially those who practice Hinduism.

Having said that, we as a nation have enough strength to fight it out at a suitable forum and suitable time but not here, not now.

Also, there are many other threads on this forum where members can discuss matters pertaining to Turkey.

This thread is reserved for the News, Updates, rescue efforts and the Indian government's role to assist Turkey and Syria. Hopefully, our NDRF teams will make good progress there and help the needy.

Invoking, DFI rules on off-topic content and avoiding any flame-bait, especially reacting to social media content that may have been intentionally designed to incite negative reactions from us, therefore I request members to keep this thread clean.

In any case, your POVs have been already registered here. There is no need to vindicate them further.

The thread stays locked for the next half an Hour.

Regards.
Can you folks also look at removing some types of emojis that express joy etc especially on threads with human tragedies like this.
Unreasonable comments and reactions are also used by media and enemy influencers to create a negative opinion about us even when the country as a whole acted on good faith.
Lets not be the single incident that creates the negative perception especially on public threads.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Can you folks also look at removing some types of emojis that express joy etc especially on threads with human tragedies like this.
Unreasonable comments and reactions are also used by media and enemy influencers to create a negative opinion about us even when the country as a whole acted on good faith.
Lets not be the single incident that creates the negative perception especially on public threads.
Above by IT skills. Maybe @LurkerBaba can help.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
But this forum loves it when turks on Twitter tell Pakis their right place, correct?
Humanitarianism should have no religion or nationality or politics.
Tax money is better spent on Humanitarian aid anywhere, rather than on writing off 1000's of crores of loans of cronies of the ruling party.
We only like the secular nationalists when they hate a d despise Islamists.we don't like them as people.they are tools.

Samaritan

Country flag
You were referring to people like myself who are against sending monetary support to Turkey. So I would like to exercise my right to reply.

Sure innocent women & children are dead & may their soul find peace. But what about the innocent Hindus who were murdered by the terrorists sponsered by the Turkish established. Some member pointed out the Turkish guns that were smuggled into the valley through Pakistan to execute such atrocities. Their NGOs that are radicalizing the youth in Kashmir towards Terrorism.

I don't see such condolences from Turkey when Hindus are gunned down in the valley after checking their Adhar card. Sympathy is not a one way street.

Last year 1700 Pakistans died in Flood. This year 5000 Turks died in Earth quake. They try to kill us in Hundreds & God kills them in thousands. Or its the Karma for the Armenian genocide.

People can pray for the survivers & whatever but wasting tax money on them is worthless when even their Iron beradar is fine with lip service.
Well ! Both the view point are correct at their place. but in the end we are human and still humanity is not completely eroded yet!

notaname

Country flag
Indian support to Quake hit🇹🇷 Monday: Timeline 10am:EAM Jaishankar held meeting 12.30 PM:principal secretary, PK Mishra had an interministerial meeting 1pm:Received official email from Turkiye 3 pm:Operational meet at South block to plan operation, 1st flights left within 12 hrs

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
#OperationDost in full swing! The @adgpi
Field Hospital being set up at Iskenderun, Hatay province in Türkiye. Once functional, it will be a 30-bedded fully-equipped medical facility with Operation Theatre, X-ray machines, ventilators, etc.

1675873932243.png

1675873967694.png

Waanar

Country flag
#OperationDost in full swing! The @adgpi
Field Hospital being set up at Iskenderun, Hatay province in Türkiye. Once functional, it will be a 30-bedded fully-equipped medical facility with Operation Theatre, X-ray machines, ventilators, etc.

View attachment 192866

View attachment 192867

I wonder how this is going to affect their invasion of Syria. Most of it has hit either Turkish controlled Syria or Turkey itself. Cars are unable to travel into the earthquake hit areas, such is the damage. Their logistics must be getting choked.

On a different note, I wonder how or if this move will change AKP's hostile stance towards India.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I wonder how this is going to affect their invasion of Syria. Most of it has hit either Turkish controlled Syria or Turkey itself. Cars are unable to travel into the earthquake hit areas, such is the damage. Their logistics must be getting choked.

On a different note, I wonder how or if this move will change AKP's hostile stance towards India.
There are general elections due in may-jun this year, emperor erdagon will probably focus on handling internal affairs for now. if he wins again, he is likely to take the green-greener-greenest path he has been taking so far in foreign policy.

Jimih

Country flag
There are general elections due in may-jun this year, emperor erdagon will probably focus on handling internal affairs for now. if he wins again, he is likely to take the green-greener-greenest path he has been taking so far in foreign policy.
Were the weakly constructed buildings happened during his tenure?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles