Turkey shot down Russian Su 24

pmaitra

pmaitra

Looks like the main road carrying supplies from Turkey to ISIS have been cut.

power_monger

Country flag
The thread intiator must be hard pressing his hand for the turn of events which has happened after the crash. Russia has lost a plane.But it has been able to do free handedly what it could not have done before, relentless bombing and setting up of s400 air defense units. Now even if america cribs of russia bombing civilians no body would hardly care..Go putin go..

lookieloo

Russia will probably kill some high-ranking turks, air support some kurds & news cycle will forget about it in 2 weeks.
That would just dig the hole deeper for Putin, who's become very good at turning pliant border-states into implacable enemies. He's been barking threats at everyone from Scandinavia to the Black Sea, and the Turks finally called him on it. As one would expect, Russia has responded with all the low-level diplomatic/commercial pettiness of a petulant man-child... but I bet they stays their ass out of Turkish airspace now.:biggrin2:

pmaitra

That would just dig the hole deeper for Putin, who's become very good at turning pliant border-states into implacable enemies. He's been barking threats at everyone from Scandinavia to the Black Sea, and the Turks finally called him on it. As one would expect, Russia has responded with all the low-level diplomatic/commercial pettiness of a petulant man-child... but I bet they stays their ass out of Turkish airspace now.:biggrin2:
I think it is the US that is digging a hole, like they did with Osama, and the Tsarnayev brothers.

These very "moderate" terrorists that the US government is supporting will come back with 9/11 version 2.

BTW, Turkey has suspended its F-16 flights. Self imposed no-fly zone? :biggrin2:

bose

Country flag

Turks are really brave people who can shoot down a plane that connot defend against an incoming missile ... Those F-16's will run away with the very sight of SU-30 SM's...

Turkey should apologies quickly else it will be too late...

pmaitra

Turks are really brave people who can shoot down a plane that connot defend against an incoming missile ... Those F-16's will run away with the very sight of SU-30 SM's...

They did it hiding behind NATO. Turns out NATO members are in no mood to pick a fight with Russia because of Turkey. After Paris, not many Europeans are going to support Erdogan. The only exception seems to be Obama and his minions.

Turkey needn't apologize. In the grand scheme of things, this has permanently stopped Turkish aerial intervention in Syria, and now, even if Russian jets get into Turkish air-space, there is nothing Turkey will do, and finally, SAA and VKS are smothering those "moderate" terrorists.

bose

Country flag
They did it hiding behind NATO. Turns out NATO members are in no mood to pick a fight with Russia because of Turkey. After Paris, not many Europeans are going to support Erdogan. The only exception seems to be Obama and his minions.

Turkey needn't apologize. In the grand scheme of things, this has permanently stopped Turkish aerial intervention in Syria, and now, even if Russian jets get into Turkish air-space, there is nothing Turkey will do, and finally, SAA and VKS are smothering those "moderate" terrorists.
How stupid one can be !! Suicidal act by Turkey... Although its is very unfortunate of loosing a pilot's life... it had given Russia a free hand to do whatever she wants to do...

Turkey will definitely get a payback from Russia... I see it coming if not immediate but definitely in near future...

lookieloo

Turkey has already demanded that Russia apologise. A half-dozen Su-30s won't stop Turkey from making Putin's little Syrian base into a grease-spot if they so choose, and neither will a few S-400 batteries.

pmaitra

How stupid one can be !! Suicidal act by Turkey... Although its is very unfortunate of loosing a pilot's life... it had given Russia a free hand to do whatever she wants to do...

Turkey will definitely get a payback from Russia... I see it coming if not immediate but definitely in near future...
Not suicidal, but rather, slow poisoning. The Kurds have opened a mission in Moscow. I think that is significant. Turkey is in a soup if Moscow decides to arm the Kurds. Turkey has already moved tanks to the Syrian border, but not where the Russians are operating, but where the US is operating.

pmaitra

Turkey has already demanded that Russia apologise. A half-dozen Su-30s won't stop Turkey from making Putin's little Syrian base into a grease-spot if they so choose, and neither will a few S-400 batteries.
I think you should advise the Turks to turn the Syrian base into a "grease-spot." :)

Turkey has gone from demanding apology to pleading that it did not know it was a Russian plane.

Russia didn't demand an apology. They simply deployed the S-400.

bose

Country flag
Apologies for killing those Islamic terrorists ?? and harming the Turkish PM's interests in illegal oil trade with ISIS ?

Scared Turkey has already stopped its own flights over Syria .. Brave people indeed...

SU 30 SM are a over kill for Turkish F-16's...

Turkey knows that very well any more provocation will lead to no - fly zone over Turkey itself...

pmaitra

Too much Putin fanboy white-noise to filter. Humor me... where's your source.
Any more ad hominem attack, and you will be summarily evicted from the discussion. That way, you will have time to read the thread.

lookieloo

Any more ad hominem attack, and you will be summarily evicted from the discussion. That way, you will have time to read the thread.
So... no real source then? One assumes the Turks are staying on their side of the border for now (as they mostly did before), but I rather doubt they've grounded themselves.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles