Turkey Syria Earthquake 2023

Indrajit

Country flag
Turkey was also funding PFI via Indian NGOs.
The government of Turkey did that, not innocent women and children. It's pretty pathetic that so many on the forum here behave the way they do. It doesn't make anyone strong if they can be dismissive of even the slightest of consideration. Even for the innocent. Kindness isn't always a sign of weakness, no matter what some may say. Especially for civilians.

I usually don't comment on others in the forum, assuming that everyone has their opinion but I'm pretty disappointed at the absence of even the slightest of decency. If you feel strongly, don't express feelings of consideration but to behave like this is obscene.

Jimih

Country flag
I usually don't comment on others in the forum, assuming that everyone has their opinion but I'm pretty disappointed at the absence of even the slightest of decency. If you feel strongly, don't express feelings of consideration but to behave like this is obscene.
Sorry mate don't want this extra "gyaan" from you.

Show me one post in this thread where Iam against India providing humanitarian aid to Turkey before giving this gyaan to me.

I have been pretty decent towards this calamity from the beginning.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
The thread closed to set the guidelines and to make a general statement on this topic.

Our condolence to people who have lost lives and their loved ones in this disaster affecting Turkey and Syria. May Ishwar help them and give them strength to recover from this calamity expeditiously.

Turkey under its current dictator has made many strategic investments in media etc., to undermine India and formed alliances with India's enemies to create an atmosphere against our leadership and citizen especially those who practice Hinduism.

Having said that, we as a nation have enough strength to fight it out at a suitable forum and suitable time but not here, not now.

Also, there are many other threads on this forum where members can discuss matters pertaining to Turkey.

This thread is reserved for the News, Updates, rescue efforts and the Indian government's role to assist Turkey and Syria. Hopefully, our NDRF teams will make good progress there and help the needy.

Invoking, DFI rules on off-topic content and avoiding any flame-bait, especially reacting to social media content that may have been intentionally designed to incite negative reactions from us, therefore I request members to keep this thread clean.

In any case, your POVs have been already registered here. There is no need to vindicate them further.

The thread stays locked for the next half an Hour.

Regards.

Indrajit

Country flag
Sorry mate don't want this extra "gyaan" from you.

Show me one post in this thread where Iam against India providing humanitarian aid to Turkey before giving this gyaan to me.

I have been pretty decent towards this calamity from the beginning.
Wasn't referring to you. Used your post to make my point, for those who haven't shown any consideration. ( I tried to avoid the word "you" to prevent it from being thought of as directed to you but I see I have done that at the very end of my comment. Regret.)

Last edited:

Indrajit

Country flag
The devastation is unprecedented.

The way the building collapsed also suggests poor building codes, especially for a region that is on an active faultline.
Except for Japan where this level of quakes are common and building laws accommodate for it, an earthquake of this strength and the fact that it was so shallow making it even more destructive would have resulted in similar damage almost everywhere else. If I'm not wrong a quake of this size happens every few hundred years, I'm not sure building codes are solely to blame. The earthquake went on for almost 2 minutes and was followed by another of almost the same power within a short duration.

Daksh7390

The government of Turkey did that, not innocent women and children. It's pretty pathetic that so many on the forum here behave the way they do. It doesn't make anyone strong if they can be dismissive of even the slightest of consideration. Even for the innocent. Kindness isn't always a sign of weakness, no matter what some may say. Especially for civilians.

You were referring to people like myself who are against sending monetary support to Turkey. So I would like to exercise my right to reply.

Sure innocent women & children are dead & may their soul find peace. But what about the innocent Hindus who were murdered by the terrorists sponsered by the Turkish established. Some member pointed out the Turkish guns that were smuggled into the valley through Pakistan to execute such atrocities. Their NGOs that are radicalizing the youth in Kashmir towards Terrorism.

I don't see such condolences from Turkey when Hindus are gunned down in the valley after checking their Adhar card. Sympathy is not a one way street.

Last year 1700 Pakistans died in Flood. This year 5000 Turks died in Earth quake. They try to kill us in Hundreds & God kills them in thousands. Or its the Karma for the Armenian genocide.

People can pray for the survivers & whatever but wasting tax money on them is worthless when even their Iron beradar is fine with lip service.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles