Turkey In Talks With 10 Nations Including Pakistan To Sell Its Most-Powerful Drone – Bayraktar TB2 UCAV?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Turkish drone giant Baykar is in talks with at least 10 countries for its TB2 (Tactical Block 2) UCAV, Selcuk Bayraktar, the company’s Chief Technical Officer, said. The names of potential customers were not mentioned, but experts speculate that Pakistan could be one of its customers

Bayraktar revealed the latest information at the Aviation and Space Summit, which was organized by Gebze Technical University’s Aviation and Space Club on August 4, Daily Sabah reported.

Turkey has recently unveiled a stealth carrier-based unmanned aircraft program called MIUS to consolidate its position as a drone superpower.

“Unmanned aircraft will change the concept of air warfare and will replace fifth-generation aircraft,” Bayraktar can be heard saying in a video, a sarcastic remark purportedly aimed at the US, which continues to take pride in its fifth-generation F-35 fighter jets.

The Bayraktar TB2

It is a medium altitude long endurance (MALE), tactical UAV capable of conducting intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR), and armed attack missions. An onboard avionic suite with a triple-redundant computer system enables a fully autonomous taxiing, take-off, landing, and cruise.

The TB2 has proven its efficacy with over 300,000 operational flight hours. Since 2014, it has been carrying out missions successfully within the Turkish Armed Forces, Gendarmerie, and the Turkish National Police.

The Bayraktar TB2 holds the record in the Turkish aviation history for endurance (with 27 hours 3 minutes) and for altitude (with 27.030 feet). Bayraktar TB2 is also the first-ever aircraft in its category to be exported abroad.

Such developments with respect to the sale of Baykar’s Bayraktar TB2 unmanned combat aerial vehicle abroad would result in export revenues constituting a major part of the overall revenues of the company. The TB2 UCAV has been incorporated by the militaries of Azerbaijan, Ukraine, and Qatar.

Azerbaijan extensively used this drone in the Nagorno Karabakh conflict. It has also been used by Turkish forces in Libya and Syria.

TB2-Drone

The TB2 UCAV.
Meanwhile, Poland also signed a contract to purchase the Turkish TB2 drones, making it the first NATO member nation to acquire Turkish drones. These combat drones are said to be armed with anti-tank projectiles.

According to reports, Poland is going to buy a logistics and training package with the UAV. The first shipment is scheduled to be delivered in 2022.

Latvia may become the second European Union and NATO member state to acquire these Turkish UCAVs, Daily Sabah reported.

Albania also showed interest in this combat drone. The parliament set aside an additional budget of 8 million euros ($9.5 million) to procure the TB2 drones.

According to Turkish authorities, the country has become the fourth-largest producer of drones ever since Ankara took the initiative to produce drones domestically in its bid to reduce reliance on Western arms.

The drone was delivered to the Turkish Army first in 2014 and underwent upgrades in 2015. It is currently in service with the Gendarmerie General Command, General Directorate of Security Forces, and the National Intelligence Organization (MIT).

The CTO of Baykar announced that the Bayraktar TB3, a variant of the TB2 which has a takeoff weight of 1450 kg and can operate at high altitudes, will take its maiden flight in 2022. This variant is reported to be a crucial part of its amphibious assault ship TCG Anadolu.

Pakistan-Turkey Ties

The possibility of Pakistan buying the TB2 drone can’t be ruled out given it shares close defense ties with Turkey.

Last month, Pakistan had conferred the title of ‘Nishan-e-Imtiaz’ or Order of Excellence on the Commander of the Turkish Land Forces, Gen Umit Dundar.

Similarly, in April 2021, the Turkish Armed Forces awarded Gen Nadeem Raza, Pakistan’s Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, with the ‘Legion of Merit’ honor for his contribution to bolstering the defense ties between the two countries.

Turkey-Pak

In January this year, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan launched the welding of the third ship to be constructed for Pakistan Navy under the Milgem project, Dawn reported.

Pakistan had signed a contract for four Milgem-class corvettes with ASFAT Inc, a Turkish state-owned defense firm, in 2018. According to the agreement, two corvettes will be built in Turkey and the other two will be built in Pakistan.

In addition, Pakistan agreed to extend a deal with Turkey for T129 Atak helicopters. Signed in 2018, the planned procurement to replace its fleet of AH−1F Cobra gunships that were acquired in the 1980s, has seen several delays.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Idea to our MEA or MOD guys let's buy Turkish UCAV this will bring them on our side. Just like the tanker contract 🤣
Turkroaches will remain Anti-India no matter how much you buy from them, it is run by a Radical Islamist Er🐶an. Indians never hated Turkey until Er🐶an at UN made anti India comments in his speech, it’s good we got to knew Turks (Converted Greeks living in Turkey calling themselves Turks) better late than never.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Idea to our MEA or MOD guys let's buy Turkish UCAV this will bring them on our side. Just like the tanker contract 🤣
I am prety sure the Turky will share EW and EO signatures for those tanker with Pakistani. This will bite us in future if these tankers are replenishing combat ships during operations.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Bayraktar TB2 is a battle proven and very capable drone. Such drones can be very useful in combating the naxal menace in india as well as coastal patrolling as it is much cheaper than the IAI herons.

You are blinded by hate, dont be a paki. Most turks hate Erdogan, he's mostly in power due to his rural voter base and the arrest of his political opponents. Turkey is a very modern and liberal country (much more than India in fact) and far different to whatever Paki propaganda that you have fallen for.
People who bang their head regularly on floor cannot be trusted. All these brain dead people are United by religion.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Bayraktar TB2 is a battle proven and very capable drone. Such drones can be very useful in combating the naxal menace in india as well as coastal patrolling as it is much cheaper than the IAI herons.
We are not going to use drone strikes against our civilian population. It is a sign of failed state.
When Americans carry out drone strikes it always against foreign entities like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, etc.
Naxalite problem is a very different than one whereby Naxalites mix with our ordinary civilians among it extremely difficult to differentiate among them and drones. Collateral damage from our security forces will be unacceptable. All operations will have to be surgical in nature, we can't use indiscriminate drone strikes.

As for surveillance we already have enough gear.

Why we choose IAI Heron over others is because we can. It is like an analogy if one can afford a Mercedes-Benz S-Class why would he buy Maruti Alto even though at the end of day both have same purpose to drive/carry passengers from Point A to Point B. If India can afford IAI Heron why would we go for Bayraktar TB2, specifically when the later is manufactured by a country that is seemingly more hostile to us day by day.

With TAPAS-BH-201 approaching tri-service user trials the need to import such drones is significantly reducing.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
DCM Shriram Industries signs agreement with Turkish-based UAV manufacturer

ZD will provide to the Company technological support for two variants of UAVs at different times during the subscription period and both parties will support each other in marketing the products in India and globally.

DCM Shriram Industries has agreed with Zyrone Dynamics Havacilik Danismanlik Ve Ar-Ge San. Tic. A.S., a company incorporated and existing under the laws of the Republic of Turkey.

As per the agreement, the Company would subscribe to 30% of the capital of the foreign company comprising of 25715 shares at a total investment of just over USD 1.05 million in five tranches over about a year, subject to necessary approval about foreign investment under FEMA Regulations.

ZD will provide to the Company technological support for two variants of UAVs at different times during the subscription period and both parties will support each other in marketing the products in India and globally.

In its regulatory filing, DCM Shriram said that ZD will receive the support of the Indian investor company with over a century of experience in manufacturing and marketing of various products and also funds to the extent of USD 1.05 million in the form of capital infusion. The investor company will receive technical support and sample products for the manufacture of the UAV variants in India.

ZD is engaged inter alia in the manufacturing and marketing of UAVs of different types.

In July 2018, the company was granted an industrial licence for the manufacture of 500 units of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) along with Ground Data Terminal, Ground Control Stations and Launchers.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
DCM Shriram Industries to form JV with Turkish UAV manufacturer

DCM Shriram Industries has entered into an agreement with Zyrone Dynamics Havacilik Danismanlik Ve Ar-Ge San. Tic. A. S., Turkey. The said Company is engaged inter alia in the manufacturing and marketing of UAVs of different types.
As per the Agreement the Company would subscribe to 30% of the capital of the foreign company comprising of 25715 shares at a total investment of just over USD 1.05 million in five tranches over a period of about a year, subject to necessary approval with regard to foreign investment under FEMA Regulations.

ZD will provide to the Company technological support for two variants of UAVs at different times during the subscription period and both the parties will support each other in marketing the products in India and globally.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Indian firm buys 30% stake in Turkish drone maker

Zyrone Dynamics to enter Indian and Asian markets thank to big new investment

A Turkish unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) producer Zyrone Dynamics has received a foreign investment from India worth $1 million.

Thirty percent of the firm’s shares – with a total valuation of $3.5 million – were bought by Indian DCM Shriram Industries, Murat Kanber, co-founder of the Turkish company, told Anadolu Agency.

At this week’s International Defense Industries Fair (IDEF) in the Turkish metropolis Istanbul, the two companies signed a partnership agreement, he stressed.

At the fair, the firm is showcasing two new UAVs, with the highest flying speed in its class, he said.

Defense industry analysts in Turkey and abroad have hailed the performance and growing market share of Turkish-made drones.

Kanber underlined that Zyrone Dynamics was established with the goal of being an international firm that brings foreign currency into Turkey.

With this move, the firm got large investment and gained a big sales channel, he stressed.

Both sides' expectation is creating products for civilian use, especially for cargo transportation, he noted.

Now Zyrone will sell its products to India and its neighbors in the Asian market, after which it also hopes to export drones to Europe and Australia, Kanber stressed.

More than investment

DCM Shriram representative Rudra Shriram said the negotiation period – 18 months – with Zyrone was very difficult due to the pandemic conditions.

He said the agreement was successful and fair for both sides, with one boasting high technology and the other with extensive experience in manufacturing and management.

The partnership is more than just an investment, it is about creating a global UAV company for various applications in civilian and military fields, he said.

JBH22

Turkroaches will remain Anti-India no matter how much you buy from them, it is run by a Radical Islamist Er🐶an. Indians never hated Turkey until Er🐶an at UN made anti India comments in his speech, it’s good we got to knew Turks (Converted Greeks living in Turkey calling themselves Turks) better late than never.
We know that man, it was sarcasm with reference to tanker deal. Turkey has always supported porks, the idea of doing business with them makes me to vomit.

rodeo

Country flag
"Turkey In Talks With 10 Nations Including Pakistan To Sell Its Most-Powerful Drone – Bayraktar TB2 UCAV?"

The wording of this question is wrong. TB2 is the least capable drone Turkey has. Please do a one minute search before launching the thread.

UnderFingy

Country flag
"Turkey In Talks With 10 Nations Including Pakistan To Sell Its Most-Powerful Drone – Bayraktar TB2 UCAV?"

The wording of this question is wrong. TB2 is the least capable drone Turkey has. Please do a one minute search before launching the thread.
You'd have to complain to EuraisanTimes.

UnderFingy

Country flag
My bad :) After seeing the title I jumped directly to the reply.
Anyway, India-Turkey relations have been going downhill ever since Erdogan happened. Mostly because of him supporting Pakistan and his comments on Kashmir issue.
How do you think this will change (if it will) when he's voted out of power?

rodeo

Country flag
Here's what will happen. Turkey will never mention the issue again. She won't take side. She will try to keep a balance between the two. Why? Because It does no good to us. Pick a side and the other one will bear enmity towards you. And for what? The conflict, the countries are thousands of kilometers away from us. When I have a very troubling southern border and when I have over 5 millions of refugees and a terrible economy, the Kashmir issue wouldn't even crack the top 100 of my worries. No. Turkey will do what a sane country should do. And that is try to deepen trade relations with both of them.

And I should also clarify this, despite what you(Indians) believe, and regardless of what Erdogan says, you don't have an enemy here. For instance, we have sea border conflicts with Greece and India takes the Greek side. Am I supposed to believe that India is my enemy now? It's stupid. This should be apparent to the people who has better judgement (this is applicable to both Turks and Indians).

UnderFingy

Country flag
Here's what will happen. Turkey will never mention the issue again. She won't take side. She will try to keep a balance between the two. Why? Because It does no good to us. Pick a side and the other one will bear enmity towards you. And for what? The conflict, the countries are thousands of kilometers away from us. When I have a very troubling southern border and when I have over 5 millions of refugees and a terrible economy, the Kashmir issue wouldn't even crack the top 100 of my worries. No. Turkey will do what a sane country should do. And that is try to deepen trade relations with both of them.

And I should also clarify this, despite what you(Indians) believe, and regardless of what Erdogan says, you don't have an enemy here. For instance, we have sea border conflicts with Greece and India takes the Greek side. Am I supposed to believe that India is my enemy now? It's stupid. This should be apparent to the people who has better judgement (this is applicable to both Turks and Indians).
Well, this happened today. Let's hope India-Turkey relations improve.

FC9uMqUWYAIO5p3.jpg

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

My personal experience in Turkey was quite pleasant. Met good people, ate good food, and generally enjoyed traveling across your country.

The problem between India and Turkey started with Erdogan's needless meddling in our internal matters, which we do not appreciate. India started taking pro-Greek positions only now when the ruling dispensation in Turkey made it clear that they are against us and will do everything in their power to threaten us.

This includes brainwashing and radicalizing muslims in India through funding several foundations in India that lean on the radical side. You need to understand that subcontinent's Muslims have this identity crisis in them already. They are not modernized like the common Turks you see walking around in Ankara, Konya, Izmir or Istanbul. When they get radicalized, they riot or get involved in terror groups, which forces the State to take lethal steps.

This report is as recent as February 2021 and see what it says: Turkish charities funding radical groups in Nepal as well which are threatening security in India. Here.

Who gains from all this? Jihadists. No one else.

Turkey is not our enemy, even we know this. But till your leadership takes such a stance, we have no option but to stand our ground and retaliate in whatever measure we can. As long as your leadership poses trouble for us, we cannot let them walk all over us.

You are free to have good relations with anyone you want as is the right of any country. Pakistan shares a certain bond with you, which is fine. But when your president ruffles our feathers, then things get personal.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Let me Share my personal opinion About this Bayraktar TB2 Drone. Honestly speaking,it is a really good drone.Can't deny that because that is a fact to be honest.Turks are very good in drone building,The Bayraktar TB2 is a Turkish medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned combat aerial vehicle capable of remotely controlled or autonomous flight operation. I wish our Armed forces had Drones like this.
bayraktar-tb2-siha-300-bin-saattir-goklerde.jpg

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Well, this happened today. Let's hope India-Turkey relations improve.

View attachment 116737
Honestly ,there is a lot of potential in indo-Turkey relationships, we should improve our Relationship with Them. Sadly Porkistan is a problem between the relationship between India and turkey because Porkistan is an islamic country and turkey is as well. So hence Turkey Supports porkis.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles