Turkey: 22 dead, 100 injured in a "ISIS" suicide blast at a Wedding

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Turkey: 22 dead, 100 injured in a "ISIS" suicide blast at a Wedding

At least 22 people have been killed and nearly 100 people injured after a suspected ISIS suicide bomber ripped through a wedding party.
  • At least 22 people killed in suspected suicide attack in south Turkey
  • Authorities blame the attack on terrorists as horrific pictures emerge
  • No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, but ISIS is suspected

Gaziantep governor Ali Yerlikaya said the explosion in the city centre was due to a 'terror attack', state-run news agency Anadolu reported.

Turkish MP Mehmet Erdogan told CNN-Turk broadcaster that people had lost their lives in the blast.'There are people who lost their lives and we have initial information suggesting it was a bomb attack. We don't know numbers of injured,' said Erdogan, a ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) lawmaker for Gaziantep.

It was not clear who was responsible for the explosion. Erdogan said there was a high possibility it was a suicide attack, which has led people to suspect ISIS, who are thought to have a presence in the city.

Governor Ali Yerlikaya told Anadolu Agency the attack took place in Akdere neighborhood of Sahinbey district on the southern outskirts of the city. The lawmaker added that it was the type of attack that could have been launched by the Islamic State (IS) group or the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).

The Dogan news agency said the explosion, which went off at 7.40pm local time, had caused injuries and fatalities.A Turkish official confirmed an explosion in Gaziantep but would not say how many casualties there were.'The explosion took place during a wedding. According to initially available information, the ceremony was being held outdoors,' the official said.

'The aim of terror is to scare the people but we will not allow this,' said Deputy Prime Mehmet Simsek, who also represents Gaziantep in the Turkish parliament.

'It is barbaric to attack a wedding,' he told Turkish television. Just north of the Syrian border, Gaziantep has become a major hub for Syrians fleeing the civil war in their country's civil war. But as well as refugees and opposition activists, there have long been fears it was home to a significant jihadist presence.

Turkey has already been hit by a bloody year of militant attacks in its two biggest cities that have left dozens dead. Kurdish militants have twice struck in Ankara in deadly attacks, while IS suicide bombers have twice killed tourists in the centre of Istanbul.
=======================================================================================
@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @Bharat Ek Khoj @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @fooLIam @gpawar @guru-dutt @hit&run @HariPrasad-1 @Indx TechStyle @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @piKacHHu @pmaitra @porky_kicker @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @saty @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @vayuu1 @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma @Navnit Kundu

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Very sad, no comments, no judgement. Could be anyone behind this. RIP

I_PLAY_BAD

All Islam countries have to pay the price for not foreseeing/realizing what a menace is Islamic terrorism and its serious impact on global society and economy. Muslims will be increasingly isolated if this menace is allowed to flourish. Oil is the only thing saving you guys. 30-40 years down the line, when they invent an alternative to oil, cannot imagine how the world will be for Muslims.

Bahamut

I am losing count of the attacks , RIP to victims

aliyah

these things they should have thought before hitting Russian's

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
This is how you get rewarded when you disobey your master, the big bully USA. Until now, as long as the relation between Turkey and Russia was strained, everyone was proposing theories of Russia being behind the terror strikes inside Turkey. Now that Russia and Turkey have patched their relationship, it's clear who's ass is on fire and who might have done this to send a message to Turkey. I've said it earlier and I will say it again, ISIS is nothing but the Muslim commandos of the US empire, doing their dirty work in furthering the empire's interests.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
This is how you get rewarded when you disobey your master, the big bully USA. Until now, as long as the relation between Turkey and Russia was strained, everyone was proposing theories of Russia being behind the terror strikes inside Turkey. Now that Russia and Turkey have patched their relationship, it's clear who's ass is on fire and who might have done this to send a message to Turkey. I've said it earlier and I will say it again, ISIS is nothing but the Muslim commandos of the US empire, doing their dirty work in furthering the empire's interests.
HIllary is the mother of ISIS, Panetta is the biological father, Brennan the adoptive. Obama is the slave babysitter-cum-caretaker of demon baby ISIS. The Guru of ISIS is Erdogan.

The slayer of ISIS will be Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
More than 50 killed and the might increase further.

Bombing at Wedding in Turkey Kills More Than 50

All Islam countries have to pay the price for not foreseeing/realizing what a menace is Islamic terrorism and its serious impact on global society and economy. Muslims will be increasingly isolated if this menace is allowed to flourish. Oil is the only thing saving you guys. 30-40 years down the line, when they invent an alternative to oil, cannot imagine how the world will be for Muslims.
Turkey is said to be buying OIL from ISIS and supporter as well.

Good Terrorists Bad Terrorists.Now Turkey is openly taking panga with US since US is having Gulen.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Congratulations to Erdogan for this feat.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
More than 50 killed and the might increase further.

Bombing at Wedding in Turkey Kills More Than 50

Turkey is said to be buying OIL from ISIS and supporter as well.

Good Terrorists Bad Terrorists.Now Turkey is openly taking panga with US since US is having Gulen.
Yes, but there is not just one ISIS; it is just a collective metaphor for irregulars operating in that area. There are many factions there, Free Syrian Army, Free this army, Free that army, Al Nusra and what not. It's likely that all important global players have hired the services of at least one group to do their bidding in the region. USA, Russia, Turkey all have their own favorites. Buying oil from ISIS was actually buying oil from American faction of ISIS. There were some reports in RT that Dick Cheney has ownership over these so called 'ISIS refineries'.

vayuu1

Country flag
Unfortunate, a life was about to get started, but now the only thing left is horror and pain an unforgettable, unbearable pain.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
[MOD Edit: Comment removed. Repost requested.]
Well said. Turkey really comes out looking like an idiot in all of this. Erdogan is sending ultimatums to all countries claiming that Gulen has been building his network inside the country since a decade, but what it means is that it is a direct indictment of Turkish intel services since Gulen and Erdogan were allies just a couple of years back. It means that Erdogan is inadvertently admitting that Trukish intel was using Gulen schools as an intel conduit for 10 years. He has hit the axe on his own leg. He's literally saying "me and my friend were duping you for 10 years, now my friend has backstabbed me and I am going to expose the dirty tricks which we jointly used to employ in our joint venture". Sorry Erdogan, that doesn't wash away your sins and make you a saint.

Erdogan is earning no brownie points by doing so publically and using official diplomatic channels. No one in India is deluded enough to think that Turkey, of all countries, is our well wisher, especially after they have led the OIC in making pro-separatist statements vis-a-vis Kashmir on multiple occasions, the most recent one being just a few days ago.

I know alcohol is prohibited in Islam but I wont be surprised if someone finds proof that Muslim public leaders take a few pegs before making policy statements and decisions. Erdogan's statements towards Pakistan are particularly uniquely mushy. It sounds like a conversation between long lost lovers.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Sad news. Sorry for the victims.

I had predicted this long time back, that given Turkey was aiding ISIS and other Islamist groups, this was going to backfire onto Turkey as a Frankenstein.

How is Erdogan going to tackle this now? Even the secularists in the Army have been purged.

Good luck!

Blackwater

suicide bombing in marriage palty ??? anyhow RIP to dead and BTW its 50 dead now

Blackwater

londiya must be isis fighter former girl friend

nakam ishq

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

sorcerer

Country flag
Turkey is getting it back..thats all!
Karma at large!

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
If one peaceful is killed by another peaceful is it a peaceful attack or a communal attack?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles