Trump Disavows Nuclear Deal and Denounces Iranian Leadership

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
I dont think Trump will attack Iran directly, even though he barks so much. Trump did nothing against NK apart from kadi ninda while Kim tested nukes one after another. At max he can station naval and air assets near the persian gulf on full operational readiness. But implications for India are not good. Our investments in Iran will lose value and we may have to avoid Iran's oil too. This also gives Pak a new lease of life.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I dont think Trump will attack Iran directly, even though he barks so much. Trump did nothing against NK apart from kadi ninda while Kim tested nukes one after another. At max he can station naval and air assets near the persian gulf on full operational readiness. But implications for India are not good. Our investments in Iran will lose value and we may have to avoid Iran's oil too. This also gives Pak a new lease of life.
"Kadi Ninda" is the latest and most potent arsenal in politics perfected by our very own RaSi!!

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
We are already weaning off Iranian oil, post lifting of sanctions their nakhre which included price increase became too much for us. A sanctioned Iran not engaged in war with Amreeka is good for us. :sad:

binayak95

Country flag
Okay... interesting times for all concerned. EU (read Germany) may just go ahead with economic ties to Russia & China. Besides, Russia has always historically felt great inclination to be seen as a Western power, not an Asia power.

China will be jumping for joy - turmoil in ME means more people to sell weapons to and cheaper Iran oil.

Afghanistan is going to get fu*ked, seriously Iran is a stabilizing factor there.

pakistan will get a short-term breather.

Indian officials will be pulling there hair out and what will follow is frosty Indo-US relations till the next US president comes along (democrat) - Trump is not going to last.

If Iran gets destabilized, there will be a huge vacuum. Iran has always been there. Since ancient times, it was India stretching upto Kandahar and then Iran stretching all the way to Arabia. Iran is not going anywhere. But a weak Iran may lead to the creation of more separatist movements and perhaps a greater Balochistan.

Our engagement in Afghanistan will fail. Badly.

But, Iran isn't going anywhere. US can't ditch India after all Obama did. We are too important vis-a-vis China and Austraila is becoming less reliable everyday. That leaves only India, Japan, Vietnam, maybe Skorea and Taiwan, & US who want to do something about Chinese.

Wild card is Russia.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

If you say so bro............. ........
True story, in my teens I once took a handful of this shit, chewed it and then swallowed it. Felt like poison going in, felt worse coming out. This thing is evil.

sthf

Country flag
True story, in my teens I once took a handful of this shit, chewed it and then swallowed it. Felt like poison going in, felt worse coming out. This thing is evil.
I was 14-15 when a friend of my cousin (5 years older than I am) offered me khaini on the condition that if I puked he will tell on me and my cousin in turn will kick my ass majestically.

So thankfully never tried.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Germany and most of EU has been signalling an alliance with Russia and China not necessarily against US but in cognisance of their own economic interests. This is interesting since it might signal a new post-brexit multipolar world with the Anglican Sphere (US-Canada-England-Australia), the Euro sphere which might include Russia, and the Chinese hegemon.

This is my semi-informed opinion from what I've read though. @Tactical Frog can elucidate better.
Too early to talk about an Eurosphere , with or without Russia. Ties with United States still very strong. But both Germany and France are really pissed after just a FEW months of Trump’s presidency. The climate deal, and now the Iran deal , both very strongly supported. So after four years , who knows , eight years of this crazy presidency , everything is possible, including the end of Nato.

President Macron ´ s reaction was to announce a trip to Iran in next months ( if Iran is interested, that is).

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Too early to talk about an Eurosphere , with or without Russia. Ties with United States still very strong. But both Germany and France are really pissed after just a FEW months of Trump’s presidency. The climate deal, and now the Iran deal , both very strongly supported. So after four years , who knows , eight years of this crazy presidency , everything is possible, including the end of Nato.

President Macron ´ s reaction was to announce a trip to Iran in next months ( if Iran is interested, that is).
End of NATO is good.

Anything that makes the world more multi polar is good for India.

Anything that makes UN weak or non existent is good for India as without it India can and should do something a it could not without the UN coming in with its sjw mentality to stop us.

Finally I hate the UN and all that it embodies.a org based on spreading a universal religion of human rights to supress human nature of war and survival.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
The Iran deal is much larger than the insignificant F-16 deal. If you are talking about the sudden 'understanding' between Trump and Paki 'leaders', this could be something unrelated to India, we have to wait and see.

My assessment is whenever there is some Military and Civilian government clash in Pak, US becomes friendly with them. Could be due to multiple reasons. To have the civilian govt. protected looks like that defence minister Khwaja went to US to pressurize the Pak army.

In actual the Pakis stage a show to have US in confidence. All this play of ISPR making statements and Khwaja going to US is nothing but a tactic.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Iran due to it's demography is next rising empire in West Asia.
Iran is in demographic decline. It's total fertility rate is 1.6 children per women compared to porki 3.5!! Irani population will start declining soon . Oil prices will keep falling in the long term so the most potent tool of Iran economy is already under stress. Iran will never be a great power despite all it's illusions it will always be a midget power.

Pushyamitra

may Allah protect Islamic Republic of Iran in Future.

we are with you iran !

IndianHawk

Country flag

My assessment is whenever there is some Military and Civilian government clash in Pak, US becomes friendly with them. Could be due to multiple reasons. To have the civilian govt. protected looks like that defence minister Khwaja went to US to pressurize the Pak army.

In actual the Pakis stage a show to have US in confidence. All this play of ISPR making statements and Khwaja going to US is nothing but a tactic.
It's deeper then that. The fact is many in USA see India as a potential threat in the future just like china is emerging toady. So they don't want to loose pakistan. Pakistan will remain a nuclear gun on Indian Head by the blessings of USA and China. We need to take responsibility and go on full stream ahead to disintegrate pakistan. Chaos in pakistan makes nukes insecure even for USA. That is what we must do.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles