Train derailments

Prayash

Atleast after so many mishaps,modi should focus on the safety of railways,his priority should be safety,then this luxuurios train.
another derailment,shame on you modi!:doh:
Jammu Rajdhani’s guard coach derails at New Delhi Railway Station
"Last coach of Jammu Rajdhani Express which was entering at platform no 15 of New Delhi railway station derailed around 6.20 a.m," a Northern Railway official said.

Visuals of the Jammu Rajdhani derailment at the New Delhi Railway Station. (ANI)

The guard coach of the Jammu Rajdhani derailed on arrival on Thursday at the New Delhi Railway Station at 6:20 am. No casualties have been reported so far. The coach was located at the end of the train. “Last coach of Jammu Rajdhani Express which was entering at platform no 15 of New Delhi railway station derailed around 6.20 a.m,” Neeraj Sharma, Northern Railways spokesperson told news agency IANS.

On September 7, the engine and power car of the Ranchi Rajdhani Express, which was on its way to Delhi, had derailed at the Shivaji Bridge just before it set foot into the New Delhi Railway Station. No casualties had been reported as the train had been moving at a relaxed pace. One person had been reported injured.

Hours before the Ranchi Rajdhani Express accident, seven carriages of the Shaktipunj Express had jumped track in eastern Uttar Pradesh’s Sonbhadra district. No loss of lives had been reported. Officials had said that as the speed of the train was 40 km per hour, it was possible to prevent injuries.

On August 19, as many as six cars of the Puri-Haridwar Utkal Express had fallen off track in eastern UP’s Khatauli. The incident had claimed the lives of more than 20 people and left almost 80 dead. The accident, which happened at 5:45 pm, saw some of the coaches crash into a house located close to the tracks.
This is a developing story. More details are awaited.
(With ANI inputs)
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...s-at-new-delhi-railway-station-train-4842745/

mayfair

Yes, too many Sanghis and Bhakts on that train..

Modi hattaao, Sanghi hattaao, Bhakt bhagaao...Rail bachaao...

mayfair

Of course not India is not not ready for bullet trains. India shouldn't have planes either.

In a country where people don't even have a bicycle, where children have to walk for kilometres to get to school and back, where some villages don't even have roads, it's scandalous that we have airports and airplanes and that some of us are allowed to bypass the poor state of roads and trains in many places..

Tod daalo do ye hawai jahaaz ur yeh hawaai adde...

Laal Salaam

(Bhai, Dilli waala chhord dena, kal Thailand jaana hai...)

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
How the hell does bullet trains come into the picture? Do you guys realize that we are not funding the project ourselves, but getting almost 90% of the funds by means of loan?
Yes, derailments MUST stop, and the new RM has made that his priority. But, we should also UNDERSTAND that there are acts of sabotage too. Stop with your rants.

Krusty

Country flag

Is India ready for bullet trains?
In a country where people vandalise instead of embracing technology, do we have an ecosystem in place for high-speed trains, and in an age where air travel is common, are they financially viable?
full article:http://www.financialexpress.com/india-news/is-india-ready-for-bullet-trains/838432/
The Japanese Shinkansen has an impeccable track record of zero fatalities.

That said, the machine is as impressive as the attention to detail that the Japanese workers have. They hate half assed jobs. And will never ever give anything less than 101% at what they do. And this also includes the service and maintenance of the trains, tracks and other subsystems.

Can we do the same? We revel in half assed jobs and chalega attitude. It's OK for our victorian era trains operated by the Indian railways but The bullet train is a whole different ball game.

Are we ready for it? I don't think so.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The Japanese Shinkansen has an impeccable track record of zero fatalities.

That said, the machine is as impressive as the attention to detail that the Japanese workers have. They hate half assed jobs. And will never ever give anything less than 101% at what they do. And this also includes the service and maintenance of the trains, tracks and other subsystems.

Can we do the same? We revel in half assed jobs and chalega attitude. It's OK for our victorian era trains operated by the Indian railways but The bullet train is a whole different ball game.

Are we ready for it? I don't think so.
You seem to have gauged our readiness levels using some metrics; when do you propose we shall be ready?

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
#Copied.

Why folks are not realizing, Bullet train technology can have application in our usual rail network. Safety & speed...they are key to IR. When you choose to work on Top of line technology, you will always have its benefit trickled down in same field. many lessons learned too. Only thing above Bullet train presently is MagLev, which is too costly as it is still in trial. Design of coaches,tracks, so many lessons. PM Modi is investing in one but trying to get its benefit to whole Indian Railways. that too at minimum of costs,what else more he is to do?

Prayash

How the hell does bullet trains come into the picture? Do you guys realize that we are not funding the project ourselves, but getting almost 90% of the funds by means of loan?
Yes, derailments MUST stop, and the new RM has made that his priority. But, we should also UNDERSTAND that there are acts of sabotage too. Stop with your rants.
rightly said :smile:.
i am not against this bullet train project but i am dissapointed with this series of derailments.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
rightly said :smile:.
i am not against this bullet train project but i am dissapointed with this series of derailments.
First of all, one can't rightly assume that every derailment is the fault of IR. It can be a sabo incident, and in the recent past, we have seen the nos. increase. So, have patience. Everything that needs to be done, is being done. It just doesn't mean that everything should be up in the news.

Krusty

Country flag
You seem to have gauged our readiness levels using some metrics; when do you propose we shall be ready?
I'm not sure when we will be. But what I'm sure if is we aren't now.

I have gauged my readiness levels based on my experience in India. Public transport sector is very poor in terms of service and maintenance be it roadways or railways

I was stunned when the Volvos were introduced for the first time in chennai. Now see their state. Pipe smoking engines, rattling drivetrains and whatnot.

We cannot deal with machines that reach in excess of 300ks carrying 700+ passengers on rails with the same callousness.

There needs to be a radical change in the way service and maintenance teams are trained/mentored and supervised Because the standard which we take for the norm now just won't cut it

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I'm not sure when we will be. But what I'm sure if is we aren't now.

I have gauged my readiness levels based on my experience in India. Public transport sector is very poor in terms of service and maintenance be it roadways or railways

I was stunned when the Volvos were introduced for the first time in chennai. Now see their state. Pipe smoking engines, rattling drivetrains and whatnot.

We cannot deal with machines that reach in excess of 300ks carrying 700+ passengers on rails with the same callousness.

There needs to be a radical change in the way service and maintenance teams are trained/mentored and supervised
Don't you think it's better to try, fail and learn than not to try at all?

mayfair

There needs to be a radical change in the way service and maintenance teams are trained/mentored and supervised Because the standard which we take for the norm now just won't cut it
I believe Delhi Metro is following that approach. I see no reason why the same cannot and will not be done for Shinkansen.

Bangalore Volvos seem to be doing pretty well..

Krusty

Country flag
Don't you think it's better to try, fail and learn than not to try at all?
whats the cost of failure? Is it something which we are willing to take just like that?

We can try and fail with Kaveri GTX, not with something that hundreds of people use Everyday.

Atleast IMHO

I know for a fact that every inch of rail is checked once every two weeks for the French TGV. It is a meticulous task that works in conjunction with Many other systems that monitor the rails to Ensure a safe and smooth ride.

We cannot afford to play around with people's lives. I understand sabotage happens but in the case of bullet trains. Service and maintenance is of extremely high importance. Even more so than a regular trains.

Failure isn't an option here.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
It is almost not possible to derail, if you are thinking about it. It is safe from that standard. 92% is elevated and 6% is underwater. Only 2% is on a normal land. So, considerably it is safe. People work, only when there is a need to. People didn't find much need yet, hopefully that will change.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
@mayfair
It's another big burnol moment for Congress. We can smell the burn everywhere.
I am half expecting @sukish to jump in and practice his freedom of expression here.

-------

@Krusty they are are not running the train on normal tracks. I think that railway zone can pull it off. They may have more urban experience than other zones.

We better try it now than regretting it later.

Krusty

Country flag
I believe Delhi Metro is following that approach. I see no reason why the same cannot and will not be done for Shinkansen.

Bangalore Volvos seem to be doing pretty well..
This is good news indeed. I do hope this trend catches up with other metros too. Chennais Volvos are in a pathetic state. I observed it was the same case in Kolkata.

The point I'm tying to make is, Shinkansen is a whole different ball game. With the machinery and tracks having extremely fine tolerances (you know that very well already :bounce:)... it's nothing like our metro trains and Volvo buses. I just used them for examples.

mayfair

I believe that HSR corporation is best kept as a separate organisation, away from the general IR set up, on the lines of DMRC.

Railways may hold some stake and some with private operators and the rest with general public. Let them build and operate these trains without the IR babudom.

mayfair

Oh yes, IR will need to take their game to wholly new level and that I believe is very difficult if not outright impossible in the present babu-neta heavy, technocrat-depleted IR set up.

HSR corporation must be a completely separate entity that should have as little to do with IR as possible.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles