Tracker-Current IAF Combat Aircraft Inventory

Bhurki

please report this Bhikari, he is asking about the strength of iaf in a suspecting manner
So determining if the forces are adequate in quantities for required tasks , and doing so in an open manner makes me eligible for derogatory remarks?
How is wanting to know the capabilities of my own country's air force suspecting behaviour? Or do you too, just like congress, dont want to discuss the shortcomings, because in some way, it feels you are being held accountable?.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
So determining if the forces are adequate in quantities for required tasks , and doing so in an open manner makes me eligible for derogatory remarks?
How is wanting to know the capabilities of my own country's air force suspecting behaviour? Or do you too, just like congress, dont want to discuss the shortcomings, because in some way, it feels you are being held accountable?.
Discussion of certain aircraft being inducted is fine. Tracking movement of aircraft is borderline espionage. Element of surprise will get compromised.

Bhurki

90% intell comes from the open sourcess like this forum or from gossiping ..
dont forget it was our chutiyam sulphate PM Morar ji who exposed our RAW agents in pakistan assigned to monitor paki nuclear program ...
by gossiping on phone,,
Again time is key here, every tactic you are trying to defend from here is atleast half a century old !!!
Countries have satellites now, with revisit times of just few hours over each part of India. For them, gaining a lot more intel is matter of a few clicks.

Bhurki

Discussion of certain aircraft being inducted is fine. Tracking movement of aircraft is borderline espionage. Element of surprise will get compromised.
Never asked about tracking movement, i asked about tracking induction/decommissioning of aircraft, so we can have exact number of operational aircraft..
Please read the name and very first post of this thread .. It literally says tracking INVENTORY.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Never asked about tracking movement, i asked about tracking induction/decommissioning of aircraft, so we can have exact number of operational aircraft..
No to exact no.s. If you want that go to IHS Jane's or SIPRI.

Bhurki

No to exact no.s. If you want that go to IHS Jane's or SIPRI.
You probably don't know much yourselves, so its trivial to try and turn your assumptions around. Anyways, thanks for letting know that protectionism still is the main reason our capabilities lack because we are not brave enough of acknowledging our weaknesses.

Bhurki

SIPRI is crazy though, as is Flight Int'l; I have seen crazy figures XD
According to one of them, IAF still flies 220+ Mig21..
So yeah, i'd rather agree to MoD statements..

vampyrbladez

Country flag
You probably don't know much yourselves, so its trivial to try and turn your assumptions around. Anyways, thanks for letting know that protectionism still is the main reason our capabilities lack because we are not brave enough of acknowledging our weaknesses.
As long as element of surprise is maintained, I don't care what newbs think.

File RTI or go through CAG reports if you are a citizen of India.

Bhurki

As long as element of surprise is maintained, I don't care what newbs think.

File RTI or go through CAG reports if you are a citizen of India.
The level of absurdity is off the charts ...
I have no idea as to what element suprises you.. So much so that you think IAF does have something to suprise the enemy... The website of LCA Tejas literally keeps the list of first flights including the officers which flew them, when they flew them and capabilites that are added over last production batches.

The reason that previous gen aircraft weren't documented to the citizens properly is because the average citizen wasn't so tech savvy and authorities didn't see much use of such endeavour, not because they were saving some supernatural ace up their sleeve for the enemy, the notion that you seem to have set in you mind. If they had done it, public would have embraced these aircraft as part of their own legacy and cried out to the government when they saw these birds out of repair.
I'm sure now, given another chance, they would certainly try to introduce these machines that protect us as not something alien, but a part of the overall defense mechanism of the country.
This way, we could have built up considerable interest among citizens and wouldn't have to knock on doors of other countries for subcontractors.
The only thing that really seems to suprise the citizens of our country about the IAF are the "out of the blue" crashes that seem to take lives of our pilots.
If you want to keep quiet even about these things, then i'm sorry for your dyslexic understanding.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I have no idea as to what element suprises you.. So much so that you think IAF does have something to suprise the enemy... The website of LCA Tejas literally keeps the list of first flights including the officers which flew them, when they flew them and capabilites that are added over last production batches.

The reason that previous gen aircraft weren't documented to the citizens properly is because the average citizen wasn't so tech savvy and authorities didn't see much use of such endeavour, not because they were saving some supernatural ace up their sleeve for the enemy, the notion that you seem to have set in you mind. If they had done it, public would have embraced these aircraft as part of their own legacy and cried out to the government when they saw these birds out of repair.
I'm sure now, given another chance, they would certainly try to introduce these machines that protect us as not something alien, but a part of the overall defense mechanism of the country.
This way, we could have built up considerable interest among citizens and wouldn't have to knock on doors of other countries for subcontractors.
The only thing that really seems to suprise the citizens of our country about the IAF are the "out of the blue" crashes that seem to take lives of our pilots.
If you want to keep quiet even about these things, then i'm sorry for your dyslexic understanding.
No to tail numbers and troop movements. Yes to aircraft specifications.

veerJI

this man is too good... he should not waste his time here....
go and ask pappu gandhi, now a days he is the only person who has all the information on airforce....

Bhurki

No to tail numbers and troop movements. Yes to aircraft specifications.
There has been no mention of troop movements up until now..
And the tail numbers reference was given only for PLAAF tracking.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
There has been no mention of troop movements up until now..
And the tail numbers reference was given only for PLAAF tracking.
Go ask RaGa aka Pappu then! He seems to know where Vimanas from Mahabharata are kept!

:biggrin2:

Narasimh

Country flag
It doesn't update quickly enough.. It still shows 244 mig 21 in operation which is obviously quite an old number. You can also check other numbers(MKI,Mig27), they are way out of what is likely to exist now..
Barring the tracking of serials, I think its OK to discuss the numbers based on publicly available sources..Anyways air forces like to flaunt their assets for deterrence purposes so they don't keep it a secret that much.. but it is also true that major air powers have some of the fleet in reserve secretly and would not want anything of that sort to be leaked.

Though a worthwhile Intel agency would be doing more than skimming through DFI waiting for occasional leaks.

Saichand K

Country flag
I think there is nothing wrong in doing this calculation. For instance BR forums have detailed list of squadrons and their corresponding airbases which keeps getting updated on regular basis.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I think there is nothing wrong in doing this calculation. For instance BR forums have detailed list of squadrons and their corresponding airbases which keeps getting updated on regular basis.
If it's online and through sources like wiki, BR, etc then no one cares.

Problem is tracking tail numbers, troop movement, black site records, etc. Leaks must be prevented at all cost!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles