Torture Of Chandu Babulal Chavan

lcafanboy

Country flag
The Way Pakistan Treated Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chauhan Will Make Your Blood Boil

Pakistan has given an inhumane treatment to Indian soldier Chandu Babulal Chauhan who had inadvertently crossed the Line of Control on September 29, 2016 in Jammu and Kashmir.

Talking about the brutality of Pakistani Army to Indian media, Chauhan said Pakistani Army used to beat him regularly and tortured him through various means.He said that he was given drug injections on a daily basis.Pakistani soldiers regularly asked him about his motive in crossing the LoC.Moreover, Pakistani soldiers also tried to get information on Indian Army camps near LoC.

Due to extreme torture, Chauhan has difficulty remembering several things and the fingers of his right hand have various injury marks.

Minister of State for Defence Dr Subhash Bhamre said nothing more could be expected from the Pakistani side. However, he did not answer whether India would take against Pakistan for this.

In what Pakistan called a goodwill gesture, it released Chauhan recently. He was handed over to Indian authorities at the Wagah-Attari joint check post.

Chavan, 22, of 37 Rashtriya Rifles, was taken into custody by Pakistan Army after he “inadvertently” crossed the LoC from Krishna Ghati sector in Jammu and Kashmir on September 29 last year.Pakistan Army spokesperson Maj. Gen. Asif Ghafoor said in a statement that Chavan “deserted his post at the LoC due to his grievances of maltreatment against his commanders”.”He wilfully crossed LoC on September 29, 2016 and surrendered himself to Pakistan Army,” he said.

http://idrw.org/the-way-pakistan-tr...du-babulal-chauhan-will-make-your-blood-boil/

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
Thats not a goodwill gesture thats called appeasement. If relations hadn't broken down like this they wouldn't have given him back in the first place.
...................................................................................

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Due to extreme torture, Chauhan has difficulty remembering several things and the fingers of his right hand have various injury marks.
Very suspicious if you ask me, he deserted his post and now he has trouble remembering things. Hope Military Intelligence keeps a close eye on him, actually he should be court martialled for desertion.

Hassain Ghazini

This seems very contradictory. He defected citing maltreatment. POWs are usually given briyani and juice and sent back with gifts and sweets when tensions reside; there is interrogation but it hardly involves torture unless you're a terrorist. He claimed he was treated well at first. He is probably scared he may be trialed or punished for deserting and changed his story.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
His family is now denying that he was tortured

http://www.freepressjournal.in/mumbai/family-reunion-of-sorts-for-chandu-in-amritsar/1011295

The elder brother of Indian sepoy Chandu Chavan, who was recently released from Pakistan on January 21, raised objection to the media report that says ‘Chandu was drugged and tortured in Pakistan’.

“The media report is misleading and has been blown out of proportion,” Chandu’s elder brother Bhushan told the Free Press Journal.

“I have been misquoted in the (media) report published on Tuesday. I have not told anyone that Chandu was drugged and severely tortured in Pakistan. I don’t know why they (media) have published an incorrect report in the newspaper,” said Bhushan, who is also a soldier.

Bhushan, his maternal grandfather Chindha Patil and brother-in-law Chetan Patil met Chandu at an Army camp in Amritsar for around an hour.

Also Read: Indian soldier Chandu Chavan held in Pakistan to be released soon, says Subhash Bhamre
“We were busy talking about our own family members. I don’t know if Chandu has gone through any ordeal in Pakistan. He has not told us anything regarding any torture,” said Bhushan.

“Chandu burst into tears to know that our naniji (maternal grandmother) passed away after hearing the news that he was captured in Pakistan. We did not get time to talk about anything else. How and why will I tell anyone incorrect information?” wondered Bhushan.

Bhushan further added that Chandu sounded mentally disturbed when he met him last in the presence of army officials in Amritsar. “He (Chandu) was not able to walk properly as he has developed cramps in his leg. His two fingers of right hand got fractured somehow. He is undergoing medical treatment and doctors told me that soon Chandu will be fine and return home,” said Bhushan.

pmaitra

his name is chavan not chauhan .
Different spellings due to Romanization in different regions of India. It refers to one of the Rajput castes. I have nonetheless edited the title.

ashdoc

Country flag
Different spellings due to Romanization in different regions of India. It refers to one of the Rajput castes. I have nonetheless edited the title.
he is a maratha not a rajput . and why is kulbhushan jadhav being referred as yadav in the thread on him ?

salute

del..........................................................................

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles