Too few life-saving kits for soldiers in J&K

Flint

Guys, guys, guys. Please try to analyse the problem instead of going into impassioned speeches...

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
Spot on. We are a perpetually developing country not for nothing!

It just mean the utter incompetence and even negligence of our society that it can not take care of the basic needs of the troops that are laying their lives for us. And guess what, it doesn't even cost that much. At least not as much as the darned "Indian Air force 1" or the bribes that exchange hands in every defense deal.

Some babu or neta should be hanged every time such negligence comes to light.
Real and Unsung Hero's of this countries never counted to be taken care off. This is exactly can be seen from above shortage of necessary Medical kit. Heck, when our government can't provide enough kits in the form of Shoes, Bullet Proof Jackets, Nutitious Food etc, then how the hell one can expect this soldiers must be equipped with proper life saving kits. Our media is more interested in Politicians, Bollywood, Fashion, Automobiles, that's it.
At least the media attention this is now receiving should help the situation, I wonder if that was the plan when the officers talked to the media...
I think that is the missing link, the government has to be embarrassed into taking these decisions quickly, while they are busy buying multi million dollar planes in multi billion dollar deals they are letting things happen due to the structure of the good old minister-babbu-military triad.

There is plenty of money with the government to buy the quick clots for every soldier involved in anti insurgency operations, the bullet proof jackets etc. The real need is to straiten up the structure of things, so that similar problems are not faced in the generations to come.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If we are unable to directly supply them, can someone arrange to buy massive number of items from Rashtriya Rifle run Canteens ? That should provide the necessary funding ;)
Non entitled personnel cannot buy items from the Unit Run Canteens.

Why not write to the Chief and other head honchos like the Adjutant General, DGMO and tell him your plans and see their reaction.

Flint

Non entitled personnel cannot buy items from the Unit Run Canteens.

Why not write to the Chief and other head honchos like the Adjutant General, DGMO and tell him your plans and see their reaction.
Well, that's why we need contacts! Who said anything about directly buying them ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I spoke to Gen Roychowdhury today on the issue.

He said he will talk to the AG.

Hopefully, he will give an answer by Tuesday!

Buy direct and then send if you are an NRI. It will mean more kits since the Indian distributor would have added his import taxes and his profits.

I told the ex Chief that how can NRIs save on the taxes, transportation costs ets.

The aim was more kits and so more lives saved and that it was not a cosmetic exercise, but one of genuine concern.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ Don't we produce these kits in India?

That should be much cheaper.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Sir hemcon is the latest clotting agent...it can be used even by field soldiers...better recommended it to him. Quick clot is being phased out.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir hemcon is the latest clotting agent...it can be used even by field soldiers...better recommended it to him. Quick clot is being phased out.
To be frank, I am of the vintage when we used First Field Dressing.

In fact, I have no idea of how this Quickclot works or even what it looks like, except that they are in granular form, or so I learn.

I believe the Northern Army has bought 300 such kits, each costing Rs3,500 from a Delhi dealer and the RR is using them.

Gen Roychowdhury is not involved in the issue, I asked him since he was still in circulation at the AHQ owing to the fact that he is an ex Chief.

What is hemcon and from where can you get this?

shaileshmd

Country flag
guys I think we should collect the money and some body should co ordinate to send these kits directly to the front line
I would love to contribute. Will someone make certain that the life saving kits reach the frontline soldiers/healthcare providers? I will contribute $200.

sgarg

I think India does have money. Such things are not due to shortage of money but due to indifference of officers and bureaucrats.

Indian public has always supported the defence forces. If asked, the public will surely contribute.

The defence forces need a mechanism for internal reporting. An autocratic organization is inherently weak as shortcomings are not addressed.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles