Tom Cruise visits Taj Mahal

Galaxy

Country flag
Tom Cruise visits Taj Mahal

Hollywood star Tom Cruise, who is on a worldwide promotional tour of his much-awaited film 'Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol', landed here early Saturday.

The 49-year-old arrived here at 6 a.m. and headed straight to the Leela Palace, Chanakyapuri. Tom said his visit to India this week follows a lifelong desire to see the country.

He said while touring the iconic, white-marble Taj Mahal mausoleum in Agra that he is "very excited" about being in the country for a fan screening of his latest action-thriller, "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol," days ahead of its world premiere on Wednesday.

Cruise joins Bollywood star Anil Kapoor for the red-carpet screening Sunday in Mumbai. The film sees Cruise reprise his role as secret agent Ethan Hunt, while Kapoor plays an Indian business tycoon.

Galaxy

Country flag

[h=2]Tom Cruise poses with Bollywood star Anil Kapoor in front of iconic Taj Mahal, Agra.[/h]

"I have wanted to come here all my life," Cruise said in Agra as TV cameras filmed the actor standing outside the white marble mausoleum.

The media blitzkrieg to promote the thrill-laden film has already seen Cruise zip through Japan and Dubai.

Galaxy

Country flag

He is staying at Leela's exquisite Maharaja Suite, which has a personal gym, jacuzzi and is one of the most expensive suites in the country, said sources.

The international star is also due to fly to Mumbai where he is hosting a special screening for 1,500 fans two weeks before the film's worldwide release Dec 21.

Cruise, 49, then headed to Bollywood capital Mumbai where he was the guest of honour at a party hosted by Kapoor, according to the Press Trust of India.

Tom Cruise visits Taj Mahal Photos | Tom Cruise visits Taj Mahal Pictures - Yahoo! OMG! India

Koovie

seems that the western entertainment industry is trying everything to get into the Indian market

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
In the other news, Tom Cruise also visited his Loo in the Leela Palace, Delhi where he is currently staying.

niharjhatn

seems that the western entertainment industry is trying everything to get into the Indian market
... you mean after we beg and cajole them to spread their light to us rustic barbarians, and they finally comply :hail:

That said, "Tom Cruise" is synonymous with Hollywood, and probably the most recognisable American celebrity in India. One of my cousins used to comb his hair very carefully before going out (and put gel etc :tsk:). Once my grandfather saw him and shouted 'aare Tom Cruise banega kya'.

Sigh... show your true appreciation for Tom Cruises' visit... PIRATE the movie :D

Global Defence

New threads

Articles