Votes: 51 49.5%
  • ≤ 10

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • ≤ 15

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

doreamon

Country flag
Deepak Punia defeated chinese wrestler at the last 10 seconds ... Chinese wrestler was going to win as scores were same and he was the last one to score .

video not available to me. Can you please link me any channel for Indian participation in Olympic.
[/QUOTE]

I dnt knw any other channel . Someone else has uploded the same video .

SKC

Country flag
Women’s Hockey match against Argentina. We got defeated by 1-2. Great performance Indian Girls. Best of luck for bronze.
I wont say great performance. Went quite bad and defensive after second quarter!
But still overall great to reach Semis in both Men and Woman.
More push to hockey from now on will give good results next time.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I wont say great performance. Went quite bad and defensive after second quarter!
But still overall great to reach Semis in both Men and Woman.
More push to hockey from now on will give good results next time.
Well I have watched one of Argentina women’s hockey match live. They may not have big cups with them currently but I can safely say that they are the most fearsome teams. Not to mention they are trained by same coach who won their Men’s team number one spot at one stage.

SKC

Country flag
Well I have watched one of Argentina women’s hockey match live. They may not have big cups with them currently but I can safely say that they are the most fearsome teams. Not to mention they are trained by same coach who won their Men’s team number one spot at one stage.
Argentina has always been known to be Roughest team to play. Chak De Movie showed the same attitude of Argentina team.
Their coach's daughter is also playing as Mid Fielder in current team.

Ladke to sab Hawasi rehte hain argentina ke.

Football also they are among the roughest players.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Finally India is regaining its sports culture.
Let me rephrase again.
NZ has very high per capita medals ranking.

How they do it?

All schools have comprehensive sports curriculum and all games are given same sports venues used for national and international teams. Not to mention all games have proper coaches. Surprisingly parents who have played professional sports volunteer to be coaches. This keeps the sports in the family. It is common site to see siblings playing for same teams and coaches’ sons and daughters playing for the same teams. Anyhow no game is played without coach and a referee or umpire.

One day is Marathon day. Generally Wednesday and they all have to run certain KMs depending on age. It is common site during weekdays kids running around suburbs and half of them run bare footed (the towns are so clean and well paved. Higher the class more the KMs. If you are playing one game then after school one day is for training and one day for the match. Generally at Juniors level the matches are played on Saturday. I am not exaggerating whole country is out on sports venues to support their kids on Saturdays. Things also get loud and charged for which schools keep sending emails to parents to calm down :).

Talking about sports culture, no one stops playing sports even after school or getting into jobs etc. The venues are always booked for social games.

Now coming back to India and I can see from here that things are changing but at professional levels. Our problem is not having larger pool of ready to go players. The cricket and hockey has sorted this issue. Thanks to IPL like leagues. Same must be done in other sports.

The key to our medals is in Schools.

Catch them young+Infra+participation (elite school sports clubs+development teams and social teams; 3 levels of participation and no one is denied but firmly placed in a level which they deserve)+Honest selection+effort to build larger pools.

Some black pill on clueless politicians and their poor vision for the schools infrastructure is mandatory here. Slogans and tweets can not replace access to stadiums. To grow a a plant into big tree you need to increase the pot size slowly and periodically. You can not expect your players to become world champions by simply dropping them into stadium after few good performances. If you notice they all start hyperventilating and comes under pressure at closing down of their games. This means they do not have enough pressure tempering done on them when they were young.

captscooby81

Country flag
This is the best finish for both Men's and Women's team in Hockey irrespective of they winning bronze are not . Women team qualified for Olympics in 2016 first time after 2 decades . So they have improved their performance vastly compared to Rio finish

Men's team got knocked out to belgium in QF in Rio 2016 and now knocked out by Belgium in SF 2020 . again a jump in performance compared to last Olympics what we need is lots of youngsters to follow up once big guys retire so that experience and youth make part of team which can perform .

In Badminton also PV did the solo lifting last time saina was there at least to share burden this time its all One women show .

Boxing as Mary kom is done now, youngsters like lovalina should carry the punching forward with her bronze performance in tokyo to Paris

We should pick up where our infrastructure can support and find talents on that

My wish is we should pour all our effort and energy to pick few games where we can focus on getting double digit medals

These 5 sports is where we can try to get medals in future

Wrestling
Boxing
Badminton
Archery
Shooting
Hockey

Track/Field : we can try in Discuss and Javelin as we have two young talents who are there in the olympic stage which can shine in next 8 years easily .

Focus is what we are lacking not Funds , We should focus were our funds are getting poured into .

ya atleast reaching Semi now since last 2-3 Olympics otherwise we would get thrown out in first rounds itself.

captscooby81

Country flag
This is the real issue which is hampering our sports culture where federations think they know every thing about that match or that game where an athlete lost the match . Half of federations are run by politicians as chairman and half of them are under babudom . There is tussle going on in Rifle association about recent performance of shooters in Tokyo with similar player coach issue .

Let these federations run by players who played the sport rather by any flower pot politician .

S Pawar don't know how many wickets he took or centuries he scored to become BCCI president (Including Mudi kaka being GCA president)

P Patel god knows how many goals he scored or free kicks taken to become AIFF president

and then chintu mantu local level politicians trying to grab all state district spot federations

Anybody know what happened here?

View attachment 103422

captscooby81

Country flag
He is not Medal favourite but then Good to see first time participant to finish in Top 10. We were never this close in history in track field since Milkha singh 4th place finish in 400m in 1960 Rome and P T Usha 4th place finish in 400m in 1984 LA. It took 3 decades to even beat the record set by Milkha Ji in 400m nationally .

Found this Twitter handle but had to use VPN with India as location to watch clips.
Neeraj Chopra is in finals of javelin throw. Best of Luck Neeraj. You have great technique.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles