Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
People are laughing at my comment.

To tell you all some thing.
Astro turf came because CANADIAN jokers were unable to produce grass for hockey.

So, they brought this Artificial thing, this totally made those PERMANENT RACIST GROUP OF COUNTRIES CALLED EUROPEAN UNION succeed because no more skill BUT BUILT IS requirement now.

Looking at those Belgium players and on over the top the BIASING of referee.

It's too much uphill battle from here if someone want to see hockey Olympics glory rise again in India.

Please, I still don't understand why India does not invite these racist core of European countries to a friendly grass field? bodybuilders then will get to know their place.

mandestiny

Country flag

Astro turf came because CANADIAN jokers were unable to produce grass for hockey.

So, they brought this Artificial thing, this totally made those PERMANENT RACIST GROUP OF COUNTRIES CALLED EUROPEAN UNION succeed because no more skill BUT BUILT IS requirement now.

It's too much uphill battle from here if someone want to see hockey Olympics glory rise again in India.

Please, I still don't understand why India does not invite these racist core of European countries to a friendly grass field? bodybuilders then will get to know their place.
Sometimes need to play dirty game to win big matches. Somehow Indian don't like to play dirty game. See belgium how hitting ball to legs every time.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You obviously have not dealt with the Chinese. They are the single most amoral blood suckers in the World. In the Philippines Marcos instituted corruption in the 60s but the Chinese brought it to high heavens in bribing Filipino officials.

For the Philippines, we get our biggest foreign income from the Americans and we pay out the most money to the Chinese - we export to America and import from China.

That does not include illegal drugs that China is dumping into the Philippines.
I won't stretch it to the dooms Americans have brought to countries in the east and why Philippines is still poor. I'm don't use judgemental or racist means when I have to make up mind towards someone. I would just say if you hate one of US/China and love another despite these countries having little role in your country's history (except colonial era) with no real reason, you most certainly will lead your country towards doom if made leader.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I won't stretch it to the dooms Americans have brought to countries in the east and why Philippines is still poor. I'm don't use judgemental or racist means when I have to make up mind towards someone. I would just say if you hate one of US/China and love another despite these countries having little role in your country's history (except colonial era) with no real reason, you most certainly will lead your country towards doom if made leader.

You do not know Philippine history. The Philippines was richest in the 60s (second to Japan) when it was closest to the US. It was Marcos who squandered our economic monentum and instilled deep seated corruption.

The US until now is our biggest source if income and could be even bigger if only our officials are better able to maximize the potential of our bilateral relationship. In fact, Singapore has benefited more from US relations and trade since the 60s than the Philippines.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

India is doing good. No need to talk like a sore person. We had Belgium today but got something wrong at the end and it had nothing to with all the points you have raised. Looks like substitutions were not planned properly or dynamically. More analysis will come later on.

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
India is doing good. No need to talk like a sore person. We had Belgium today but got something wrong at the end and it had nothing to with all the points you have raised. Looks like substitutions were not planned properly or dynamically. More analysis will come later on.
I standby my point and it's true and hundred percent that is.

You have every right to disagree with my point.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The Philippines was richest in the 60s (second to Japan) when it was closest to the US.
Philippines was rich at a time when rest of Asia was a warzone like middle-east and hungry like Africa. Indeed Marcos and other leaders didn't do anything to improve anything. But it's delusional if you believe that PHL was some sort of great economic power those days.

All other Asian states were either important for west and got their critical industries or were a couple like China, India and Japan who had capacity to create their own industries.
The US until now is our biggest source if income and could be even bigger if only our officials are better able to maximize the potential of our bilateral relationship. In fact, Singapore has benefited more from US relations and trade since the 60s than the Philippines.
US itself came to benefit those Japan, Singapore or SoKo. Even in their ruins those days, they were geographically more important and had more diverse economy to grow.

The best bet for Philippines to attract US favour is to blackmail it by pandering China and probably even shift to China (because US is unlikely to care). Sucking on like master-slave relationship hasn't brought PHL anywhere.

Philippines isn't UK, France, Russia, Japan, India, Iran or even equivalent to Brazil and Mexico. Since it doesn't have its own clout, it doesn't need a consistent posturing while taking sides. That's detrimental for small nations.

chalochum

Country flag
Olympic Medals and sporting culture are directly proportional

India: There is no sporting culture. Sports is more of a hobby or at most a fitness/entertainment routine.
99% of the athletes take up sports because if you perform at the state level, chances are state govt will give you are job in railways, police or army. If you perform at the national level, you get a central govt job/railways and some one-time prize money.
By chance if there is motivation to be the world's best, we may not have the infrastructure, if we have the infrastructure (for training), we may not have world class coaches and regime (including diet), by chance even if we have that, sometimes athletes lose out on international chances due to various reasons like bureaucracy/babudom/corruption within federations.
Bottomline: To come out of poverty and earn a name (as a by-product) you take a sports as a career.
Once you get a govt job, you are more relaxed since you are already comfortable in life and sports slightly takes a backseat (mentally and not physically). It isn't do or die situation as long as you keep performing at a certain level and maintain it. i,e all you have to do is to keep working to maintain your national ranking and you'll get sponsorship opportunities at international events.

China: There was no sporting culture either few decades ago..but what changed. Check this statement: “We must resolutely ensure we are first in gold medals,” Gou Zhongwen, the head of the Chinese Olympic Committee, said on the eve of the Tokyo Olympics.
This statement is a testimony to the fact that the only thing China cares about its image and glory for the nation whenever there is international participation required. Hence whatever it takes to do this, must be done at any cost hook or by crook. So whats the option: Set up an assembly line like factory for every single Olympics discipline and start the kids when they are 4-5 for any event (almost). On the outside it looks cruel, but inside parents know if their child does well at national and international level and he/she/it can get a medal, then society would treat them at top of the pyramid since they got glory for the nation and govt will take care of any needs for the rest of their lifetimes (almost). Hence a rush to be part of that factory.
Bottomline: Sporting culture is enforced upon and seen as something lucrative for those who are willing and have in them to go through the hard trainings for a decade.

African nations: Countries like Euthopia, Kenya are developing countries and poverty is the first thing that comes in mind. But they know there are very few countries who can compete with them in specific events like middle distance, long distance athletic events.
But there are limited events and so many athletes...so one option is to change nationalities and compete at international level. Also compete at all possible international events so that someone will recognize you and provide sponsorship. Its a clear case of ROI for them. Win medals and get money and be rich.
Bottomline: Talent and will to succeed (financially and be well-off) personally overtakes everything.

European nations (incl. Australasia): These countries clearly have sporting culture as part of DNA. Period.
Great financial rewards, pride for the nation and will to succeed at the highest level.
Naturally gifted in most disciplines - tall, well-built and have highest confidence among all athletes.
Society rewards them well (socially) and they take pride in being international athletes.
Serious and high competition among them and they compete in a different league altogether at the highest level (Read Tour de France, Euro cup, etc)

Rest of the world falls in one of these buckets.

Coming back to India and how do we improve:
We should set realistic targets every year on international recognition...and not just wake up before Olympics. We now have industrialists supporting athletes and obviously need more funds to improve infrastructure, training and coaching regime.
But fundamentally we need to follow either of the two models (Chinese or European one) or a hybrid. Both these models have some pros and cons if taken directly in the Indian environment. You can't do a lift and shift. The common denominator is the sporting culture at grass root level which needs to be either enforced (like China) or inculcated as a habit right from schooling. Bottomline: We should create an environment for athletes to leverage and be motivated to compete at the highest level with cricket-like financial rewards for athletes who bring pride & glory to the nation.
What can govt do: Clearly spell our sports budget - Financial rewards mapped with competition and position/medal and infrastructure spending on sports facilities.
What can industry do: Provide sponsorship (take care of athletes during their journey once talent is identified). Bring in former athletes who have brought glory (eg: Olympic gold quest) and create the launch pad for athletes to compete at international events.
What can society do (most important and trumps the above two): Inculcate a sporting culture and not just academics. All round abilities for a person to be considered for admission (not just acad scores).
To get into MIT and Stanford you must not only score the highest GPA but also be a top state level athlete and have all round skills necessary for the best personal growth. This sounds impossible but atleast some of it can be incorporated into Indian academic admission process.
One final note: All of this can be done iteratively and one can measure the progress of India's image, respect and glory in sports by having realistic targets say 10 medals in #Paris2024, 15 in #LA2028, 20 in #Brisbane2032.

hit&run

Mod
How China is winning in white dominated sports?
He is digging net for conformation bias. India become jittery after 3rd goal which Belgium did with a very squeaky clean way. This is how it works in modern hockey. Two teams at par keep it equal till final quarter. Soon you get lead you go into booster mode. If India had got a lead in 4th quarter we would have steamrolled them. This bullshit of turf, paced game, conspiracy, make no sense because we defeated NZ, England, Spain before entering SFs. They too were white western teams and trust me they had fitness of super natural levels.

There is a saying in Punjab. Hockey by chalaki; Cricket by chance.

Beljium got the first cut in in 4 Q and then went full on offensive. Shrijesh was sloppy or micr second late on many instances. We missed 2 easy PCs. One flew right side about 2 meters away from the post in 3 Q, 2nd in Q4 was stopped because we became predictable. Strategy for that PC should have been changed. Teams generally have a,b,c and d type of PCs. Before entering Coaches tell them which PC they will take first to avoid that predictability. India took all PCs with same method because we thought I works and probably the core PC group felt comfortable with that. This where coach comes in and get them out of their comfort zones all the time.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
He is digging net for conformation bias. India become jittery after 3rd goal which Belgium did with a very squeaky clean way. This is how it works in modern hockey. Two teams at par keep it equal till final quarter. Soon you get lead you go into booster mode. If India had got a lead in 4th quarter we would have steamrolled them. This bullshit of turf, paced game, conspiracy, make no sense because we defeated NZ, England, Spain before entering SFs. They too were white western teams and trust me they had fitness of super natural levels.

There is a saying in Punjab. Hockey by chalaki; Cricket by chance.

Beljium got the first cut in in 4 Q and then went full on offensive. Shrijesh was sloppy or micr second late on many instances. We missed 2 easy PCs. One flew right side about 2 meters away from the post in 3 Q, 2nd in Q4 was stopped because we became predictable. Strategy for that PC should have been changed. Teams generally have a,b,c and d type of PCs. Before entering Coaches tell them which PC they will take first to avoid that predictability. India took all PCs with same method because we thought I works and probably the core PC group felt comfortable with that. This where coach comes in and get them out of their comfort zones all the time.
Considering the Indian Hockey's recent history, I think they deserve credit for reigniting the passion.

Signs are good for Indian hockey both Mens and Womens.

hit&run

Mod
Deepak Punia defeated chinese wrestler at the last 10 seconds ... Chinese wrestler was going to win as scores were same and he was the last one to score .

[/QUOTE]
video not available to me. Can you please link me any channel for Indian participation in Olympic.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
@mods Can you clean this thread up? It more of people arguing than updates, make a separate thread dedicated to discussing India's medal tally and what not, important stuff gets missed in b/w arguments.

SKC

Country flag
Deepak Punia defeated chinese wrestler at the last 10 seconds ... Chinese wrestler was going to win as scores were same and he was the last one to score .

video not available to me. Can you please link me any channel for Indian participation in Olympic.
[/QUOTE]
Its from Olympics official YouTube channel. It opens for everyone.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles