• ≤ 5

Votes: 51 49.5%
  • ≤ 10

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • ≤ 15

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

Sarjen

Japan has 100 million people and is a developed country. The physical fitness of its citizens is much better, and it is the host. It has home court advantages in many events. For example, Japan has 10 gold medals in Judo.
Not exactly True on court advantage... most of the Grounds are build just for the Games to be conducted, if you see the last Olympics in China it was the American who bagged double the amount of Golds than the Chinese.. Even Japan did very well in it.

Roshan

Country flag
Beating belgium will be a challenge. If they win gold then they deserve to be feted better than our wc winning cricket teams imo considering the odds they are against.

Sindhu is among the most clutch sportspersons we have produced, just her bad luck that she faced the worst possible opponent in the sf.

no smoking

Country flag
There is literally a army of children who are trained for Olympics and nothing else from childhood to adult, funded by Communist party. the athletes we see on the grand stage are tip of the iceberg hundreds of rejectes become permanently crippled and without any education they are not even qualified enough to find a job. Most of them do hard labor to fend off for themselves.
Learned that from Hollywood movies, right? Even the old soviet system couldn't work that way.

There is no Chinese family will allow their kids to grow up without any education.
The system (in my age 1980s) used to work like this: the coaches of regional sports centers came to school to check the children (generally >7). They would make offers to those with potential. If the families accept it, their kid will attend the part time training while continuing their education in the schools. If the kids still stay in training when they are 15, which mean they must have won some children level contests, they need to make decision whether they want to be a professional athlete or enroll for high school because from this stage, the training will become full time (education become part time). This is the critical time, the major career risk occurred in the following stage, the training level move up, the injury risk and competition will increase dramatically, If you survive during this stage and become a member of province team, you will have a bright future. If not, you can have following opportunities:
1. If you are smart, you can go back to high school to continue your education;
2. If you are good at communication, you can apply for some training courses to be a low level coach or phyiscal education teacher of schools;
3. If you are really dumb, you will be arranged to be a worker in factories (very good work in last 80s).

Today, they have even more opportunities: fitness coach, sport course teachers, private coaches, etc, etc.

Is there anyone end up as hard labors? Well, there is, but very few, generally those have no brain, no good personalities.

Remember: China is a society of relationship, after 10 years life in sport career, you should have built relationships with quite a lot of people. If you still end up in a miserable life, generally speaking, you only get yourselves to blame (except those get injuries that not suitable for any work, such as blind, or full body disability).

ym888

Learned that from Hollywood movies, right? Even the old soviet system couldn't work that way.

There is no Chinese family will allow their kids to grow up without any education.
The system (in my age 1980s) used to work like this: the coaches of regional sports centers came to school to check the children (generally >7). They would make offers to those with potential. If the families accept it, their kid will attend the part time training while continuing their education in the schools. If the kids still stay in training when they are 15, which mean they must have won some children level contests, they need to make decision whether they want to be a professional athlete or enroll for high school because from this stage, the training will become full time (education become part time). This is the critical time, the major career risk occurred in the following stage, the training level move up, the injury risk and competition will increase dramatically, If you survive during this stage and become a member of province team, you will have a bright future. If not, you can have following opportunities:
2. If you are good at communication, you can apply for some training courses to be a low level coach or phyiscal education teacher of schools;
3. If you are really dumb, you will be arranged to be a worker in factories (very good work in last 80s).

Today, they have even more opportunities: fitness coach, sport course teachers, private coaches, etc, etc.

Is there anyone end up as hard labors? Well, there is, but very few, generally those have no brain, no good personalities.

Remember: China is a society of relationship, after 10 years life in sport career, you should have built relationships with quite a lot of people. If you still end up in a miserable life, generally speaking, you only get yourselves to blame (except those get injuries that not suitable for any work, such as blind, or full body disability).

right ,

If an American college graduate is out of work and living a poor life,

Should we blame the American education system?

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
India will play Belgium on 3rd August and Australia will play Germany.

In women's hockey India will play Australia tomorrow
The most dangerous teams are Belgium and Australia, I don't know what happens to India team whenever India faces these two teams.

I am not hoping for India hockey to win match against Belgium.

It is a shame that a nation that is not even size of odissa beats India regularly.

Yes, it's a shame.

Many times India dreams have been shattered by these two nations.

rockdog

Country flag

For morden Chinese society, professional sports are more typical mid class game. If you check out those medal's winners, most of them come from mid class family. Poor people counld't afford those sports startup for the kids, such as swiming, tennis, Ping Pong even athletics, in our tradtional thinking, the weightlifting is for kids from poor family, since it's quite boring.

I hired personal basketball coach for my 12 yrs old kid, i have to pay $USD 30 per hour in China, plus i need $USD10 per day for extra Beef&milk if i want to him has better muscle.

No kid is forced to be trained, the family has to pay more or less, the government normally select those kids if they are talented or have strong support from family financially.

Those are the daily facilites i have to pay for my kid, for basketball wise the hardware is not far from USA.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

doreamon

Country flag
Indian women hockey team defeated australia and enters semi final .. This is a big deal .. aus women team is also very tough .. It was spectacular to see ausies girls crying in the field .. 😁

doreamon

Country flag
The most dangerous teams are Belgium and Australia, I don't know what happens to India team whenever India faces these two teams.

I am not hoping for India hockey to win match against Belgium.

It is a shame that a nation that is not even size of odissa beats India regularly.

Yes, it's a shame.

Many times India dreams have been shattered by these two nations.
India had defeated balgium in junior hockey world cup in 2016 . Even the couch of india before match said playing with belgium was big deal and anything can happen lets see . Some of those players are now in senior team ... Lets see .. They have to forget they are playing with belgium ..

ketaki

Country flag
India man hockey enters semi final after defeating Britain ! 😊
India hockey history is weird ... U all ll be surprised india is most successfull team in hockey if looked at history .. 8 gold medal in olymics from 1928 to 1980 and then sudden fall ..
like West Indies in cricket...

ketaki

Country flag
I'm surprised that even a country with small population like japan has managed to bag so many medals.

Japan has first rate sports infrastructure so it's understandable but the number of medal is what surprises me.
i am not sure that...
large population means more medals in sports and small population means tough time finding good sportsman!!!

finding a needle in haystack is tougher than finding it in a small box, right?

Roshan

Country flag
India had defeated balgium in junior hockey world cup in 2016 . Even the couch of india before match said playing with belgium was big deal and anything can happen lets see . Some of those players are now in senior team ... Lets see .. They have to forget they are playing with belgium ..
This is a pretty big deal, the biggest moment in the Olympics so far for India. It could signal the start of a revival of hockey In india imo. the composure and clutchness they showed against a much more fancied opponent is something our overpaid cricket team - *cough* Kohli *cough* - could learn from.

This despite in both the games the ref trying his best to screw us over with questionable decisions.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles