Votes: 51 49.5%
  • ≤ 10

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • ≤ 15

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

Illusive

Country flag
I think we Indians have been cursed that we always fail in olympics miserably.
The countries like Bermuda even have won gold.

Man, really this is not even laughable.
Its not cursed, we can have it if

a) people actually are interested in it from a young age, parents play a huge part here, the things with cricket is you play it in the evening with friends, so we have a huge pool of talent to choose from and nurture, track and field stuff is a school thing. Remember we weren't that good in cricket either, it took years for us to build this system. I have seen with my very own eyes my sister good in sports and my parents be like, nice medal....now how much percent did you get in your studies. Like someone said we millennials have to make sure our kids get the support from us.

b) Govt. Pvt. institutes come in to play to prepare the young to be professionals with coaching, guidance and proper diet, we can be the sporting powerhouse. We need to be patient and we also need to be cunning. If they are gonna bring shemales into women sports so be it.

Sarjen

Its funny... 16 Souls casted up to 15 Medals:daru:!! Could be Bhakts

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Its not cursed, we can have it if

a) people actually are interested in it from a young age, parents play a huge part here, the things with cricket is you play it in the evening with friends, so we have a huge pool of talent to choose from and nurture, track and field stuff is a school thing. Remember we weren't that good in cricket either, it took years for us to build this system. I have seen with my very own eyes my sister good in sports and my parents be like, nice medal....now how much percent did you get in your studies. Like someone said we millennials have to make sure our kids get the support from us.

b) Govt. Pvt. institutes come in to play to prepare the young to be professionals with coaching, guidance and proper diet, we can be the sporting powerhouse. We need to be patient and we also need to be cunning. If they are gonna bring shemales into women sports so be it.
Support your sister, what can I say? My uncle though supported his son in sports.

One must create a ecosystem of SPORTS LOVING nation so that it can generate employment as well as companies in this field too.

I just remember how a sports minister once said ofcourse during congress Era that MOTORSPORT is not a sport.

Haaaan sirji aap hin bataoge sports kya hota hai.

The sports university is still not built, what you can expect? AND EVEN IF IT IS BUILT POLITICS AS USUAL WILL take place.

Today, too politics, babus and jealousy among India own athletes take precedence, wherever one go.

Once every four year I FEEL like, MAN I DON'T WANT TO SAY I AM FROM INDIA and I am sorry but what can I say? Me myself being a sports lover am feeling right now this.

The sports ministry as well as minister must take responsibility and resign, although it will never happen.

Well, good luck to your sister on her sports, please tell her right now India is missing a gold medalist severely and that cannot be filled by doctor, engineer, IAS or mylords.

johnq

China has been quick to point out when others—mostly journalists and media organizations–"politicize" the Olympics in ways that don't suit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). But while the CCP is busy criticizing the world for making China look bad, the CCP is making itself look bad by making the Olympics all about perceived slights against China. One might call that "politicizing the Olympics."
This is the cost in blood of China's lust for Olympic gold. Chinese athletes have a hard life of training in China. Take away from family, friends, even school, they train nonstop, often at the expense of an education or prospects for life after retirement. Jet Li and Yao Ming are some of the lucky ones. Others in China's fleet of gymnasts, weight lifters, sprinters, and swimmers come to a less happy ending.

Abtron3

Country flag
China has been quick to point out when others—mostly journalists and media organizations–"politicize" the Olympics in ways that don't suit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). But while the CCP is busy criticizing the world for making China look bad, the CCP is making itself look bad by making the Olympics all about perceived slights against China. One might call that "politicizing the Olympics."
This is the cost in blood of China's lust for Olympic gold. Chinese athletes have a hard life of training in China. Take away from family, friends, even school, they train nonstop, often at the expense of an education or prospects for life after retirement. Jet Li and Yao Ming are some of the lucky ones. Others in China's fleet of gymnasts, weight lifters, sprinters, and swimmers come to a less happy ending.
There is literally a army of children who are trained for Olympics and nothing else from childhood to adult, funded by Communist party. the athletes we see on the grand stage are tip of the iceberg hundreds of rejectes become permanently crippled and without any education they are not even qualified enough to find a job. Most of them do hard labor to fend off for themselves.

Knowitall

I'm surprised that even a country with small population like japan has managed to bag so many medals.

Japan has first rate sports infrastructure so it's understandable but the number of medal is what surprises me.

Sarjen

I'm surprised that even a country with small population like japan has managed to bag so many medals.

Japan has first rate sports infrastructure so it's understandable but the number of medal is what surprises me.
well invest 10% of the amount spent on a boring game that we pour money towards other sports activity.. We'll have at least 10+ Medals

doreamon

Country flag
India man hockey enters semi final after defeating Britain ! 😊
India hockey history is weird ... U all ll be surprised india is most successfull team in hockey if looked at history .. 8 gold medal in olymics from 1928 to 1980 and then sudden fall ..

Last edited:

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
well invest 10% of the amount spent on a boring game that we pour money towards other sports activity.. We'll have at least 10+ Medals
Japan has 100 million people and is a developed country. The physical fitness of its citizens is much better, and it is the host. It has home court advantages in many events. For example, Japan has 10 gold medals in Judo.

Global Defence

Articles