Votes: 51 49.5%
  • ≤ 10

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • ≤ 15

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
as for protein & amino acids ,nothing can substitute meat period. Likes of sushil kumar are exception.
Hain?
Dairy contains all amino profile soya contain all amino profile. Whey protein complete protein profile. And don't forget extremely high protein intake from Red meat can increase bad chalestrol while lean meat can cause rabbit starvation.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Most members get triggered about basic scientific facts. But science doesn't care about your feelings.

no i am not confused or anything.

a veggie Chinese ain't winning any power sports, no matter the training.

Better facility & training at grass root level without changing the culture from food to hygiene to sanitation etc. Keep dreaming though there is no tax on it.

LOL..Cricket is a fudu sport not a physical exertion based one like hockey, football etc. Increase participation has not changed s**t. It's cricket rules which has changed due to money influence from india , Australia , england to favour small boundaries to flat pitches etc( cricket is business now).
Kholi like most indian can't play swing to this day & there is a reason for it. Why do you think he play at number 3 or 4. he is a overglorified ch***a nothing else.
If you just look at true power hitters or lets say brute strength except dhoni & jadeja no one has come close from india, i would say whole of subcontinent. former has massive upper body strength compared to typical high end white Aussie or black Carribbean, the later has probably the strongest arm among all the cricketers out there & this is without any investment or training like some overglorified cricketers.

indian cricket is a quota sports from junior level to senior nothing else india still won't produce fast bowler for many generations to come. if you need strength & speed in sport's you need to change your habit from food to hygiene + investment in training, rest is all bull s**t.

What do you think is the reason for this :).
Have you even read your first post.

In same breath you disregard genetics and then talk about growth. A vegetarian for 4 generation will have his gene mutation which will not respond to meat eating till his next 4 or five contentiously consume the same.

This not the first time same kind of pedestrian debate has started here here at DFI where all simpletons converge on meat eating against vegetarianism. Whole dietary science in last few years has been turned on its head with focus on reducing calorie intake using simple vegetarian proteins with balanced GI index. Thousands of bodybuilder now claim to have shifted to vegetarian and plant based proteins from meat eating. If meat eating is the only thing that make good athletes then Pakistani with higher intake than India should have been far above us.

Saying Cricket a fudu game tell how less you know about the game. Whole selection has been reduced to yo-yo test. Try yo-yo test for few days and see how your oil leaks out from every pour. There are 10s of videos cricketers are doing their daily routines. Watch how demanding and labour intensive their exercise regime is.

Talking about hockey match between Ind and Au. Huh! Many members know my son has been playing hockey for last 11 years. I watch almost all games and pick techniques to coach him on weekends. Go watch highlights and tell me what strategy Australia used against India. The sad news is they use that same strategy in almost all matches against us. They do pressing on our forward lines and force the game to be played on our half. This is from where they create chances and we are comparable in every fitness marker with them. We defeated NZ a day before do you think they are less fit than their neighbour across the ditch? BTW NZ used dutch double defence counter cover strategy which is defensive in nature.

Last edited:

hit&run

Mod
People glorifying meat eating and high calorie intake which they are actually calculating per capita when it should only be calculated for population with competitive sports playing age should first see a sports nutritionist who spends all his day struggling to maintain energy balance of players which they are generally on high intake and over weight trajectory. Tell your meat eating orgies and see them laughing at you.

I wonder if anyone even know the energy balance formula and how it is applied to athletes to fuel their performance.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

i sometimes eat one kg of meat or chicken in one seating, try eating even 100 gram of soya bean at one go forget a kg :)

Full link 😉.

Btw it doesn't come to childish this vs that.
You can't get all of the basic nutrition from consuming only single food product. Hek you can eat 1kg (boneless) chicken mutton anything but how will you get enough fiber to digest it? I have myself eaten 400-500 grams of chicken breast on daily basis for quite sometime and it was always a disaster to digest it.

My point still exists that it's very easy and very much possible to get complete protein from a vegetarian diet. ( even tho I'm a non vegetarian person) but i find that vegetarian food is light on stomach generally higher in nutrition and higher in fiber.

FalconZero

Country flag

i sometimes eat one kg of meat or chicken in one seating, try eating even 100 gram of soya bean at one go forget a kg :)
Dude, we are talking about olympics, it's not just limited to type of food, btw around 60 to 70% of Indians are non-vegetarian so majority of it are non-veg.
1627224916998.png

You need more than just chicken to win an olympic medal, better infra, better training are must.

Akula

Country flag
Blame should also be on teachers who took our sports periods for teaching their subjects in schools. I use to play basketball till 10th standard. When I took admission in 11th standard, the school had an integrated course. Which means we had IIT coaching in first half and than school classes in second half. Our whole class played a single football match in 2 years after requesting our class teacher.

rone

Country flag
our teachers teaches if you and a women stuck in a room she is not your opportunity she is ur responsibility, now we have to teach our teachers if PT period comes and physical trainer is absent its not her opportunity to finish next one month math portions its her responsibility to make assure the childrens get the physical exercise and training they deserves, :cool3::cool3:

hit&run

Mod
Sorry for confirmation bias because there are a lot of article exactly opposite to this POV.
02D9B80F-EE9C-489F-89F5-46E9FBED94AB.jpeg

doreamon

Country flag
Leaving aside olympics .. Speaking abt normal sports among normal kids indian parents shd understand
- sports enhance brain function .
- enhance mood . There is less chance of depresson and stress
- No point of 20 lakh pay if u become dibetic at age of 35 and loose sperm count or lower ur testosteron production .
- Kids who play have less chance of developing narcistic personality and better with relationships .
- They make good leaders or a good member of team in business circle .
- In the end they make good friends .. Not fake ones who hate each others for 1 mark difference in math class .
- And investing in sports do pay back ..
This is never a issue with defence families but big one with urban suburban middle class .

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS

IndianSpiderman

Country flag
Some people are gloating about their high protein diet, I hope they really know what they are doing. Most people these days include way more protein in their diet than their bodies require, which has led to a meteoric rise in lifestyle diseases and kidney problems. The only reason I can think of for anyone to regularly eat a kilo of meat in a sitting is if he's an elite bodybuilder who trains multiple hours everyday and needs all that protein for muscle recovery.

IndianSpiderman

Country flag

warriorextreme

Country flag
People glorifying meat eating and high calorie intake which they are actually calculating per capita when it should only be calculated for population with competitive sports playing age should first see a sports nutritionist who spends all his day struggling to maintain energy balance of players which they are generally on high intake and over weight trajectory. Tell your meat eating orgies and see them laughing at you.

I wonder if anyone even know the energy balance formula and how it is applied to athletes to fuel their performance.
Also the Vegan athletes are debunking these myths about meat every day.

Chimpoo

Country flag
For anyone interested:

Indian Olympic medals in freestyle wrestling.
(India hasn't won a medal in the Greco-Roman style of wrestling,where no holds are allowed below the waist)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_at_the_Olympics#Medals_by_Summer_Games

For all of the roots and ties traditional wrestling has in India's culture and history ,it hasn't translated into medals in the modern international forms of wrestling (though this seems to be changing with Sushil Kumar).

Olympics freestyle wrestling medlas.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestling_at_the_Su

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles