TOI article stole my INS Arihant image w/o giving me credit

aragorn

There are lawyers in DFI, you might ask their opinion to sue them

The Last Stand

Country flag
It is normal, really. The idiots at TOI think they know everything.

Make sure that you sue them. And get a good lawyer. Judges might not know much about Photoshop and might consider their work as original.

arya

Country flag
have you registerd or patened your image any where ??

if not then dont make nosie .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@arkem8, Sorry to hear that, you should always put your water mark on picture and also give your email address on it, This way its copy-write material of yours..

If you dont have any signature of yours on the image, its difficult i assume..

Last edited by a moderator:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Who knows?

This image is definitely different from Arkem8's and if it is photoshop, it is an unparalleled job really. But it doesn't have the same scale anyway.

They do Some Touch ups in Arkems Photo ..Especially the Sub's Graphic

arkem8

Country flag
I did not put a watermark so that Indian military fans could ownload it for free without any distortion, I have never profited from any of my projects.

Link to my deviant art gallery>>>>

When I uploaded the pic I never could have imagined it would be used by a mainstream e-paper like TOI(My family newspaper subscription is TOI).

Reactions: sob

bennedose

arkem8 my experience with this type of plagiarism tells me that threats are of no use. Plagiarism is rampant and in your case your image is sufficiently different for your case to be obfuscated and thrown out. Forget suing. I once got involved in a case where a habitual plagiarizer popularly known as chorgupta was accused and a legal case was planned in India. I was requested to represent the aggrieved party, who was outside India. I refused. There was no way I could travel to Delhi on and off for years and years to represent someone because someone stole an image.

I think the correct thing to do is (IMO)
1. Use a prominent watermark and claim ownership.
2. Write a very nice letter to ToI stating your case and request them to publish an acknowledgement

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
TOI has had the most number of complaints about using photos from net without giving credit.

You can complaint to Press council

arkem8

Country flag
I just want to get credit for them using my image(As you can see it is clearly a photo-shopped INS Aridaman image from my own Deviant art gallery
).

I have not earned a single Rupee from my projects and don't expect any monetary compensation. I am doing it solely for my own pleasure and for the Indian Military Forces online fanbase....

I think this is a realistic expectation, however I really don't think anything will come of it. I needed to raise the point and so I did.

It is plaigarism by TOI....

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
I did not put a watermark so that Indian military fans could ownload it for free without any distortion, I have never profited from any of my projects.

Link to my deviant art gallery>>>>

When I uploaded the pic I never could have imagined it would be used by a mainstream e-paper like TOI(My family newspaper subscription is TOI).
I will checked your Gallery awesome designs man ..And Put a Watermark to your Pictures ASAP

and Who's Youtube link in the Bottom of the Image ..Is it you

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Even our PM use amreki sub as a reference :noidea:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles