Time to shift India's capital necessary !

12arya

Country flag
I think central India is ideal for being the capital. Delhi currently looks like hell with all the pollution and muzzie lynch mobs!
Then again how much it will cost with infra and the shifting and all?

Indrajit

Country flag
Delhi have been capital of India for long

Prithviraj ruled through twin capital Delhi and Ajmer.

Indraprastha itself is part of Delhi so there isn't much more to say about historical importance.
True Delhi was a capital but of what? We are talking India as a whole and Delhi was never a capital except for small dynasties throughout history, only reaching some importance in the last few centuries.

Heat

Country flag
Move the capital back to its OG location where India was united first and which produced two of the most glorious Indian empires, Patliputra.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think central India is ideal for being the capital. Delhi currently looks like hell with all the pollution and muzzie lynch mobs!
We can move in phases?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya Nibbi Sarkari Investments 30,000 Crores rupees, 1,20,000 Crores Private investment. For a new city.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars even The Amravati the new capital of the Andhra Pardeah stuck due to lack of finances.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I think a comment of mine sparked this thread so might as well give my reason.

I feel like delhi is a cursed place, we should consider moving our capital out of their.
I have this place in Mind (black circle)

613XicWo1yL.jpg

Basically I have many reasons to do so.
MP is centrally placed in a sense it will be located at the center of India and will be far away from any immediate threats from Paki missile and better connected to the rest of states.
Other than that the Crosswinds of India makes Delhi's climate tougher than other places i.e., pollution in winters and extreme loo in Summer.

Besides what is the significant money factor We just have to move the Government offices it does not have to happen at once but overtime, more like ten years.

A city with no more than 1 million population and well designed infra should do the deal.

Besides Delhi is a bastation of libergands, all kind of Chutzap takes place there.

And yes I have this hunch that changing capital will change India's fate, just a hunch nothing serious.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Nibbas something ought to be done about the overpopulation of Cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore.

Do u guys really want to pay 15,000 every month from your salary for 20 years and live in places like these.

Delhi is heading the same route there are too many damn people, pollution is big because lots of people are living there.

just having 10 to 20 smart cities won't cut it, we need a smart city in each and every Lok sabha Constituency.

Marlion

Country flag
Would it make sense to assign the wealthiest city or the city with the most international relations to be the capital? If so then I'm voting for Mumbai.

shade

Country flag
No, capital is better a small, rich and efficient city with low population and not an economic backbone. Why? See protests.
also geographically well protected,
Ataturk's Turkish Republic's capital was shifted from the Ottoman Capital of Istanbul/Constantinople to Ankara, which is much further inland and surrounded by mountains, and has no big economic utility at the time.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
With new parliament building and other stuff, shifting is definitely not gonna happen ever.
Know that, without an emergency like a WW3 where India's capital gets gets destroyed, capital won't move in this century or even in next century. Buildings are being designed for requirements of 150 years and will even survive longer in architectural terms.

Shredder

Country flag
Know that, without an emergency like a WW3 where India's capital gets gets destroyed, capital won't move in this century or even in next century. Buildings are being designed for requirements of 150 years and will even survive longer in architectural terms.
True, considering how things may unfold and pan-out in the future. Hopefully such dire needs don't arise.

Ashok84

Country flag
We have a presidential palace in Hyderabad. Hyderbad also chosen as second capital but settled with presidential palace only.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Delhi has been India's capital , only since dawn of islamic invasions , although today it's seat of government of india ,yet its a city which always signifies defeat because first being capital of invaders from North and later being capital of bristish raj .
Kindly give your opinion , about above thought and suggest alternative capital cities .
There is no benefit in shifting the capital.

The benefit is in changing ideology and creating men of steel.

The defeatism is not due to capital. It is due to ideology.

The capital of Bharat stayed close to current Delhi for a very long time, even when it was not exactly in the same place.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
With 20k crores being planned to be spent in the next decade on the central vista project there is no thought of moving India's capital. This proposal has to come from someone, no party has raised this. Attempt to move capital will be a Tughlaq mistake.
If Delhi has to improve then the state govt has to bring in some rationalisation to limit population. Looks harsh but the citizens of Delhi has the first right to their resources than other state folks.
Delhi is a seat of power. No amount of moving can change that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles