Time for military cooperation with Vietnam, Japan , Taiwan, Burma, Korea ...

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
with china encircling india first via naval outposts and now the new

development of approx 11,000 of its pla troops in the gilgit-baltistan area it

is time for the indian govt to upgrate it's reactive response system to one

that takes the initiative or at least goes tit for tat. WHilst communicating with

some of you in the shout box recently i had suggested a military alliance

with all those countries mentioned in the title plus i had suggested adding

the USA and Australia but the idea drew some strong reactions from a few.

One of the objections was that these alliances often are simply a one way street in favour of U Sam eg CENTO ...which when pak needed a response from its partners in the 1971 war , was left on it's own and cento was abruptly disbanded.

I think the unspoken objection was that when uncle sam needs your help , then

the

alliance exists , but when you need help from uncle then they give excuses

instead.
However the fact is that while china has partners and is using pak and

to a lesser extent other neighbours to encircle india , india has done much

less to counter this. We are aware of some small-time naval cooperation

with burma, perhaps idonesia and there is an air base in tajikistan ( well

done) but the sum total is far less and sporardic in comparison to china's

much larger-scale and more well -planned "aquisition" of partnering

facilities. So instead of having a tight military alliance with a few countries which "never " works of equally it might be better to lease territory or military bases instead.

Isnt it time for india to lower the feel-good factor with china and about

china in exchange for a more realistic assessment about this neighbour

and go a little more deliberately in aquiring similar cooperation or use of

facilities in neighbouring territories , doing something similar to china to

equalise the situation.
Also in the past, whenever the usa mentioned the phrase about india

being a counterbalance to china , the idea was not well received. I certainly

do not recommend becoming anyone's puppet but perhaps this proposed

alliance should also be re-viewed and modified for practical advantage.
The whole mattaer points to the unified and coordinated governmental

system that china has while in india the various political parties continue

wastiing energy fighting among themselves in the name of "democracy".

And the idea that indians fights internally but when attacked from without,

then they suddenly come together is probably the reason why the indian

response to chinese encirclement is so haphazard and weak.
well some of my thoughts and some of your ideas when chatting with

you here and there ...before hearing the news about the PLA in

gilgit-baltistan. But now theat the shocking news is out , could we have a

debate and discussion on the mattter ? Is it serious enough to warrant

your comments ? tia.

ps:- admin, please assist by editing, spell-check , thanks

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Japan and Korea
Too Americanized and cannot contribute much if Uncle Sam says "no".

Not officially independent and any overtures to Taiwan would mean PRC severing all trade ties that amounts to more than $60 billion. Besides, Taiwanese claim 3 and a half of our states as legal parts of China that are Sikkim, Arunachal, Uttarakhand, Ladakh province and put entire Bhutan, entire Mongolia and northern Vietnam in its territory. You sure we want such aggressive expansionists who want to gobble our 3 and a half states straight to get help from us?

Possible but we will have to pitch in really hard with exports of strategic weapons to them to lure them away from Chinese.

The best bet I can put on right now with 100% confidence.

Minh

Too Americanized and cannot contribute much if Uncle Sam says "no".

Not officially independent and any overtures to Taiwan would mean PRC severing all trade ties that amounts to more than $60 billion. Besides, Taiwanese claim 3 and a half of our states as legal parts of China that are Sikkim, Arunachal, Uttarakhand, Ladakh province and put entire Bhutan, entire Mongolia and northern Vietnam in its territory. You sure we want such aggressive expansionists who want to gobble our 3 and a half states straight to get help from us?

Possible but we will have to pitch in really hard with exports of strategic weapons to them to lure them away from Chinese.

The best bet I can put on right now with 100% confidence.
Vietnam is concentrate on rebuilding infrastuctures and economics, but still a poor country to buy advance tech weapons. But we're ready to face anyone who wants to takeover Vietnam.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Vietnam is concentrate on rebuilding infrastuctures and economics, but still a poor country to buy advance tech weapons. But we're ready to face anyone who wants to takeover Vietnam.
Sounds like our neighbor the Filipinos... But good to hear. This is the thing about South East Asians, we're more concerned about our economies than projecting power. But if pushed they can also fight back.

Minh

Sounds like our neighbor the Filipinos... But good to hear. This is the thing about South East Asians, we're more concerned about our economies than projecting power. But if pushed they can also fight back.
Yeah...I'm sad that Vietnam have to go to war since 1930's till 1988 straight, If Vietnam did'nt have those war we could be like SKorea ,Malaysia,Singapore :(. War is no good malaysia we been through it for so long my tears just burst everytime i think of my country. You only need enough to serve your intrest only the rest use for economics and R&D.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The US is hard at it to have some alliance amongst the peripheral nations so as to contain China.

Minh

The US is hard at it to have some alliance amongst the peripheral nations so as to contain China.
It's hard for Vietnam to trust US they talk, talk and talk...like they bail out in 1975? Only Inda have all exclusive rights to use Cam Ranh bay port and all Vietnam ports.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yeah...I'm sad that Vietnam have to go to war since 1930's till 1988 straight, If Vietnam did'nt have those war we could be like SKorea ,Malaysia,Singapore :(. War is no good malaysia we been through it for so long my tears just burst everytime i think of my country. You only need enough to serve your intrest only the rest use for economics and R&D.

Don't worry, you've already overcome the worst part of your history. You're one of Asia's top investment destination now. To me this is the true measure of your national accomplishment.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
You forget the key partner in this circle, Alien of Mars.
That is reserved for Hans. I believe Hans claim their ancestry directly to quarrelsome red Mars. Other consider themselves as part of humanity.

btmvip

Vietnamese not rich so we can buy a big number of weapon, so I think India can sell some KEY WEAPON for us like BRAHMOS missible, it will be effective to deterreence China =). I know Vietnam and India are discussing about this, I'm waiting too long time but still get no information that India has sold Vietnam that missible (=.=!)

RedDragon

Vietnamese not rich so we can buy a big number of weapon, so I think India can sell some KEY WEAPON for us like BRAHMOS missible, it will be effective to deterreence China =). I know Vietnam and India are discussing about this, I'm waiting too long time but still get no information that India has sold Vietnam that missible (=.=!)
You don't need to wait the BRAHMOS, the name of the Mighty India's ally is already frightened China. China is not dare to confront with any India allies.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
With the Dragon poking everywhere, it is essential that you guys (entire ASEAN) starts training together militarily putting aside smaller differences.

illusion8

The chinese are dumb to have revealed their game plan much in advance before they could take baby steps in their hegemony plans, Their immediate neighbours have been alerted and are taking necessary counteractive steps.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
With the Dragon poking everywhere, it is essential that you guys (entire ASEAN) starts training together militarily putting aside smaller differences.

Peace loving, down-to-earth and hardworking ASEANs now have to spend hard-earned money on weapons of war because of China. They could use these moneys for social, infra and educational investments... :mad2:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Peace loving, down-to-earth and hardworking ASEANs now have to spend hard-earned money on weapons of war because of China. They could use these moneys for social, infra and educational investments... :mad2:
It is always like this man; some people just cannot digest living in peace. But at least this way your military industry will get a boost and more people would get jobs. Sometimes somethings are a blessing in disguise. You will have a lot of benefits if entire ASEAN unites along the lines of NATO and CSTO.

Considering that your neighbor Indonesia is making big moves to go all Asian in defense (South Korea becoming a near future major supplier of jets for example), ASEAN has a strong chance to unite and train as one single unit to combat this threat.

I personally feel that there must be a strong integration of military doctrines for all ASEAN countries. Vietnam for example knows what PLA's weaknesses are (in terms of personnel and tactics; not technology). That is a big advantage you get with them. OTOH countries like Burma, Cambodia and Laos know very well what Chinese are on the political side, having interacted with them at a much more closer level. That, once again brings a lot of awareness into the military consolidation of ASEAN as both these factors would play a crucial role in carving up your military doctrine against the Dragon if hostilities break up in future.

For example, if we Indians didn't have Pakistan and China for our increasing defense budget, the Nehru-Gandhi Dynasty would have taken away all that wealth to UK as well. Now at least our industry is getting that money rather than going into politicians' pockets.

Last edited:

illusion8

From India's POV India building up its defense against china has its plus points, the foremost being pakistan as an existential threat ceases to exist and if we build up enough to take on china then pakistan will be a piece of cake. I am glad that we have been delinked from pakistan and are moving into a bigger circle. Our build up is the need of the hour and it would be a mistake if we do not take the threat from china seriously. Vietnam as an ally is a major advantage to us cos of its prior experience with china, and from the looks of it china does seems scared of Vietnam, it will help to actually research the reason why they are scared of Vietnam. Japan again is a mighty power and the chinese again have faced multiple defeats at their hands. Japanese have humiliated the chinese on many occasions in the past. Genghis Khan from Mongolia had raped and traumatised china in the past, alliance with Mongolia is also helpful to India. The chinese attempt at encircling India with the help of pakistan and probably SL can be countered by moving closer to china's nemesis from the past.

Minh

It is always like this man; some people just cannot digest living in peace. But at least this way your military industry will get a boost and more people would get jobs. Sometimes somethings are a blessing in disguise. You will have a lot of benefits if entire ASEAN unites along the lines of NATO and CSTO.

Considering that your neighbor Indonesia is making big moves to go all Asian in defense (South Korea becoming a near future major supplier of jets for example), ASEAN has a strong chance to unite and train as one single unit to combat this threat.

I personally feel that there must be a strong integration of military doctrines for all ASEAN countries. Vietnam for example knows what PLA's weaknesses are (in terms of personnel and tactics; not technology). That is a big advantage you get with them. OTOH countries like Burma, Cambodia and Laos know very well what Chinese are on the political side, having interacted with them at a much more closer level. That, once again brings a lot of awareness into the military consolidation of ASEAN as both these factors would play a crucial role in carving up your military doctrine against the Dragon if hostilities break up in future.

For example, if we Indians didn't have Pakistan and China for our increasing defense budget, the Nehru-Gandhi Dynasty would have taken away all that wealth to UK as well. Now at least our industry is getting that money rather than going into politicians' pockets.
Thank you friends, to me i think SEA and especialy Vietnam our history is filled with hardship and bloodshed. We need to learn from India on how to be peaceful with our hearts and mind. No one wants war, but to live in piece and grow without being bully.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Malaysia barely has a defense industry, and has no desire of making an industrial-military complex. So all this multi-billion dollar arms acquisitions go to other countries. The same thing with Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.

Minh

Malaysia barely has a defense industry, and has no desire of making an industrial-military complex. So all this multi-billion dollar arms acquisitions go to other countries. The same thing with Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.
Our Country is too small for those, we don't even have enough space to grow.:)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles