Time for military cooperation with Vietnam, Japan , Taiwan, Burma, Korea ...

tiranga

Tihar Jail
Banned
I dont know about others but japan seems quite excited to work with our country, just look at "India-japan" friendship news... recently I have been seeing a lot of those. I think this is the best time to cooperate and get their technology

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Thank you friends, to me i think SEA and especialy Vietnam our history is filled with hardship and bloodshed. We need to learn from India on how to be peaceful with our hearts and mind. No one wants war, but to live in piece and grow without being bully.
My friend, peace can only be maintained if war is known how to be conducted. The world is such that it will never let peace stay eternally. While our spirituality of Buddh Dharma teaches us to be content, kind, peaceful and non-materialistic, unfortunately there would always be one element that would try to eradicate your existence or threaten this peace and calm. This is where mainstream Hinduism comes to play. It espouses the ethos of being a benevolent and kind soul and yet be an honorable warrior that is skilled, resilient, devoted, calm, honorable and powerful. Both ways of life have taught us and enriched us that right balance of peace and war must be maintained.

You cannot achieve peace without war and vice versa. If at all you can, it will only last very very short. There will always be situation where you will be forced to engage in combat even if you don't want to.

So here is something for you:

If you want to get the balance of peace and violence, learn from our many infinite branches of Dharma. You will gain a lot of moral, knowledge and universal awareness. Don't look at our current political model for inspiration.

Your country is small but it has the will of a lion. Your war with US and China was very bloody and violent but it showed the will of your people. And when there is a will, then nothing can stop you. You fought like true warriors and thwarted the external enemies (though at a cost). For that, you have our respect.

Work with your strong government. They are on the path of growth, so expand your economy, develop close relationship with rest of ASEAN, and simultaneously develop your Armed forces. If you want to get inspiration from anything of ours, I will strongly recommend you our ancient scriptures of any Dharmic path of your choice. But modern Indian leadership is something you should never adopt if you truly love your country.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Malaysia barely has a defense industry, and has no desire of making an industrial-military complex. So all this multi-billion dollar arms acquisitions go to other countries. The same thing with Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.
You are resource rich, have a reasonably strong leadership and are a rapidly growing nation. There is nothing stopping you from having even moderate level of military-industry. I don't think there is any harm in having an industry like Switzerland; has a decent and small military industrial complex that is more economy oriented than war. This would expand military research in your country which would expand more spin-offs into civilian sector and therefore expand science.

ASEAN combined would have a lot of potential. EADS Cassidian did it; why can't you? :)

Your limitation is only yourself buddy.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Our Country is too small for those, we don't even have enough space to grow.:)
Size is never determinant of progress, growth, power and prosperity. Japan is barely the size of a province of ours and yet it made half the world shyte in their pants. UK, a tiny island nation that had no resources was an undisputed superpower for 3 centuries.

Never underestimate your capability.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles