Thousands of Hong Kong students start week-long boycott

CCP

I would prefer to live in Jungle than let anybody rule me/control my actions . What you do is controlled by CPC . You are like an animal in zoo, living in cages.
But are better than wild animals kept in cages !!
Yes,more than pet dogs.:eyebrows:;)

Why you guys still live in human society?

You should live in wild and there is no anybody rule/control your action.

Why sacrifice your freedom to live with other people under a govt.?

for vote or for better life?

Last edited:

ghost

@CCP Sir,

Why you guys still live in human society?
Because as humans ,we make that society.

You should live in wild and there is no anybody rule/control your action.
We will when we wish,and there is nobody even here to control our actions unlike you.We follow the law set by constitution which is for the people ,by the people and of the people.And it is to make sure that nobody violates my freedom ,and I do not violate anyone else freedom.

Why sacrifice your freedom to live with other people under a govt.?
Because our ancestor have sacrificed their life to earn us this freedom,so that we can live freely,unlike our enslaved neighbors .

for vote or for better life?
For the love ,bond,and emotions we share for our home called "India":thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

CCP

@CCP Sir,

Because as humans ,we make that society.

We will when we wish,and there is nobody even here to control our actions unlike you.We follow the law set by constitution which is for the people ,by the people and of the people.And it is to make sure that nobody violates my freedom ,and I do not violate anyone else freedom.

Because our ancestor have sacrificed their life to earn us this freedom,so that we can live freely,unlike our enslaved neighbors .

For the love ,bond,and emotions we share for our home called "India":thumb:
You should be a politician.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhairya Yadav

You should be a politician.
You are patriotic for your country. That's admirable .

But, I respect only those who respect me and my country. I really dont care if you are from China or Pakistan. Until you act accordingly , we act accordingly.

We are ready to face the truth, We dont live in our bubbles . We Indians agree that as of now, China is stronger than India . But you also must agree that China doesnt provide any freedoms to its populations that are provided by India. Its a different matter that people in China want it or not. Economic prosperity cannot be compared with Civil Rights.

CCP

You are patriotic for your country. That's admirable .

But, I respect only those who respect me and my country. I really dont care if you are from China or Pakistan. Until you act accordingly , we act accordingly.

We are ready to face the truth, We dont live in our bubbles . We Indians agree that as of now, China is stronger than India . But you also must agree that China doesnt provide any freedoms to its populations that are provided by India. Its a different matter that people in China want it or not. Economic prosperity cannot be compared with Civil Rights.
Well, I think you do live in your bubbles.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Dhairya Yadav

Are you run out argument?

Well, I think you are trying to defend your country's failure.
What failure ? You still dont agree that China offers negligible human rights, thats a failure for you . Anybody with any knowledge of Chinese system can easily conclude that. Here, we dont trust our own parties half the time, and you expect us to believe CPC . :rofl:

Compersion

Country flag
there are too many items that need to be discussed and have discussion on according to the Hong Kong Constitution. the proper approach would have been through the parliament. thats composition is also not discussed and done yet. will there be protests every-time ... this approach was a bit like mediation where two people were arguing. the solution to these talks might be away from the real issue. either way a lot of time was wasted by cancelling the talks by both groups. will uk in hindsight think that what they did was worth it - thats what gets on the CCP nerves.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Hong Kong Parliament is not really democratic.

In both the 2008 and 2004 elections, 30 members were directly elected by universal suffrage from geographical constituencies (GCs) and 30 were elected from functional constituencies (FCs). In the 2000 election, 24 were directly elected, six elected from an 800-member electoral college known as the Election Committee of Hong Kong, and 30 elected from FCs. Since the 2012 election, all 70 seats are equally divided between geographical and functional constituencies.

Pro-democracy supporters criticise the functional constituency system for giving a minority too much power and influence. The right of corporations and legal entities to vote is also controversial, as it gives some individuals multiple votes. For example, in 1998, Sino Group chairman Robert Ng and companies he controlled held roughly 3-4% of the votes in the real estate constituency, according to an analysis by the Hong Kong Human Rights Monitor; they described this as being equivalent in voting power to 15,940 people in a geographical constituency.

In some functional constituencies, the entire body of eligible voters comprises legal entities that are not natural persons. This is known as corporate voting.

In 2009, there were applications for judicial review to challenge the legality of corporate voting on the grounds that it contravened the right to vote enshrined in Article 26 of the Basic Law or was discriminatory in nature. Mr. Justice Andrew Cheung dismissed the applications, emphasising that his judgement was solely concerned with the constitutionality of corporate voting rather than the political wisdom of corporate voting or functional constituencies.

There have been calls to abolish the functional constituencies from pan democrats. The May 2010 by-election was triggered by the resignation of 5 pan-democrats from the Legislative Council who put themselves up for re-election to the Legislative Council. The 'Five Constituencies Referendum' concept to use a by-election as a de facto referendum on universal suffrage and the abolition of functional constituencies was hatched by the League of Social Democrats.In 2009, there were applications for judicial review to challenge the legality of corporate voting on the grounds that it contravened the right to vote enshrined in Article 26 of the Basic Law or was discriminatory in nature. Mr. Justice Andrew Cheung dismissed the applications, emphasising that his judgement was solely concerned with the constitutionality of corporate voting rather than the political wisdom of corporate voting or functional constituencies.

Compersion

Country flag
*III. Method for the formation of the Legislative Council and its voting procedures subsequent to the year 2007

With regard to the method for forming the Legislative Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and its procedures for voting on bills and motions after 2007, if there is a need to amend the provisions of this Annex, such amendments must be made with the endorsement of a two-thirds majority of all the members of the Council and the consent of the Chief Executive, and they shall be reported to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress for the record.
Basic Law Full Text - annex (2)

Article 68
The Legislative Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region shall be constituted by election.

The method for forming the Legislative Council shall be specified in the light of the actual situation in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and in accordance with the principle of gradual and orderly progress. The ultimate aim is the election of all the members of the Legislative Council by universal suffrage.

The specific method for forming the Legislative Council and its procedures for voting on bills and motions are prescribed in Annex II: "Method for the Formation of the Legislative Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and Its Voting Procedures".
Basic Law Full Text - chapter (4)

the parliament has the authority to voice but again there is language that makes the ultimate aim difficult and makes conflict and prospect of protests in the future again. the spectrum is one on side full representation based on individual votes to the other side where it is a mix bag where small groups can have higher representation.

what is happening is the election of the leader of hong kong and the election of the parliament members of hong kong is having language that is open to flexible language use and conflict creation and some say is like preventing and jamming and in a way patronizing.

this was designed to be a show case for taiwan. yet it opens up dynamite questions and implication that is on the border of PRC. the people of hong kong it seems are going to make it uncomfortable for PRC again and again and again. and this time it was students (only) ...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles