This is communism

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Anyone Caught Defecting From North Korea Will See Three Generations Of Their Family Executed

On a grey afternoon in Seoul, in the shadow of the mountains that surround the city, North Korean defectors stood behind a police cordon and struggled to raise their voices above the sound of late-afternoon traffic.

The defectors and their supporters have been gathering daily in front of the Chinese embassy in the South Korean capital in order to draw attention to a group of North Koreans currently being held in China.

While precise number of defectors being held in China is not known, there are believed to be between 30 and 40 of them. They are likely to be repatriated by the Chinese government and could face death or torture in their homeland. Reports last week said that a small group of them had already been deported.

"We can't storm the Chinese embassy and force them to do anything, so we're left to raise our voices in this way," said Lee Seung Joo, one of the defectors attending the demonstration.

"We need to come together and let people in South Korea and around the world know about the tragic situation in North Korea," he said.

While all defectors sent back from China are believed to face harsh punishment upon their return to North Korea, the group now in China is particularly at risk: the North Korean government has said that anyone caught defecting during the period of mourning for Kim Jong Il's death would have three generations of family members executed.
North Korea defectors in Seoul spurred to action | GlobalPost

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Neat!

Wonders never cease!

blueblood

Ahh the Western propaganda. They also say that keeping two cars in one family is not a bad thing, ludicrous. :shocked:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Anyone Caught Defecting From North Korea Will See Three Generations Of Their Family Executed

North Korea defectors in Seoul spurred to action | GlobalPost
Thank god your country did not buy into that crap those Commies sold... Your country is responsible for the western europe and later the eastern europe did not fall into the Commies and i dont know if they appreciate or not but i appreciate it all too well....:thumb:

Fortunately, we seem to have escaped it too.... For that i thank the Gods....:thumb:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Ahh the Western propaganda. They also say that keeping two cars in one family is not a bad thing, ludicrous. :shocked:
Western propaganda???? You think the Gulags in North Korea is a western propaganda too???? Man seriously the only thing worse than a communist govt is Anarchy....

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Western propaganda is giving something an inaccurate label to deliberately skew opinions.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
This is not Western propaganda. This is the unfortunate truth of that scum regime in North Korea.

Going into North Korea is like stepping back into the 1950s Stalinist USSR or 1960s Maoist China. They even run "Gulags" (slave labour camps) to this day!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
This is not Western propaganda. This is the unfortunate truth of that scum regime in North Korea.

Going into North Korea is like stepping back into the 1950s Stalinist USSR or 1960s Maoist China. They even run "Gulags" (slave labour camps) to this day!
Heard CHINESE have slave labour now too???? Is it true????

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Western propaganda is giving something an inaccurate label to deliberately skew opinions.
No its not propaganda... But the grim reality... I have read countless articles written on it... And i have read about the accounts given by the NK who managed to slip into the SK.. Their account corraberates with media data

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
No its not propaganda... But the grim reality... I have read countless articles written on it... And i have read about the accounts given by the NK who managed to slip into the SK.. Their account corraberates with media data
I am saying that it is Western propaganda to label North Korea as communist. Everyone knows about the reality of life in North Korea, I am not disputing it.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Heard CHINESE have slave labour now too???? Is it true????
I don't think China has any government slave camps in today's era... at least I haven't heard of any. The occasional incidents of slave workers that we hear about, are by some private goon.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I don't think China has any government slave camps in today's era... at least I haven't heard of any. The occasional incidents of slave workers that we hear about, are by some private goon.
Interesting... Some one was saying that they have slave labour the reason they have such low production costs there...

Tolaha

North Korea is democratic by name, communist by fame, dictatorship by practice.

China is communist by name, capitalistic by practice.

World has become so complicated!!

ashdoc

Country flag
a half naked old beggar is lying in the gutter . his remaining clothes are torn , he is looking dirty , has numerous diseases and his body has a horrible smell .

comment of an observer---somebody has reached communism :tsk:

pmaitra

There isn't any gulag in Russia. In fact, they ceased to exist in the USSR after Gorbachev came to power. The Chinese companies employing people at low wages for US companies (think Apple) can be compared to gulags. Not sure about North Korea. No reliable news comes out of that country anyway.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Information coming out of North Korea is so scarce that it is very difficult to form an accurate understanding of that country. Of course, it could be argued that such a closed society is itself indicative of an oppressive state.

methos

Country flag
North Korea is democratic by name, communist by fame, dictatorship by practice.

China is communist by name, capitalistic by practice.

World has become so complicated!!
There never has been a "real communist" country, so world was complicated from 1910s on.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles