This aspiring actress was harassed over 100 times in just 10 hours!

ghost

New York: A 24-year-old aspiring actress was filmed while she walked on the streets around New York City for 10 hours, to find out how many times she is harassed during this time.

Shoshana Roberts, a graduate of Kutztown University in Pennsylvania, was captured on a hidden camera by her friend, Rob Bliss.

Over a ten-hour-period, it was shocking to see that she was pelted with comments and was harassed over 100 times. So, not only in India, it seems the problem of eve-teasing is the same all over the world.

She got a dozen of unsolicited comments like 'What's up beautiful?', 'Hey baby', 'Smile' and 'Have a nice evening darling'. Many of them winked at her, whistled and made inappropriate noises.

The shocking video was filmed in August but went viral after it was posted on YouTube and Facebook by Roberts on Tuesday.

################################################## #######

Two wrongs does not make one right.Yes, there is problem of eve teasing ,rapes,harassment of women in India,and we need to get rid of them.But then generalizing whole country with it does not do justice ,and that too by a country which is a step ahead of us in this.Hope this open the eyes of US worshipers, who believes that US is holier than cow,an ideal for humanity,while India is a country of perverts .

Let's stop this double standard, finger pointing at each other ,false charade of supremacy, and target the problem not nation.:namaste:

No to eve teasing,No to double standards.:tsk:

http://daily.bhaskar.com/news/WOR-watch-viral-video-of-aspiring-actress-being-harassed-on-new-york-streets-4789269-NOR.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Re: This aspiring actress was harassed over 100 times in just 10 hours

Two wrongs does not make one right.Yes, there is problem of eve teasing ,rapes,harassment of women in India,and we need to get rid of them.But then generalizing whole country with it does not do justice ,and that too by a country which is a step ahead of us in this.Hope this open the eyes of US worshipers, who believes that US is holier than cow,and an ideal for humanity,and India is a country of perverts .

Let's stop this double standard, finger pointing at each other ,false charade of supremacy, and target the problem not nation.:namaste:

You can thank our media morons for this image of India that has been cultivated. They should have ideally targeted the police in their reports, calling for police reforms, increase in police force, and modern policing. Instead, the media scum went on a rampage against "Indian society, culture and customs". They attributed exotic reasons like "ancient Indian mentality" for rapes. The gleeful Britshits and other assorted Western media morons picked this up and concocted a horror story, which gave India an image of "rape society". It infuriated me, but people like us are helpless.

The issue exists all over the world. Frankly, a woman would be much much safer walking the roads of Bangalore or Mumbai than NY or Chicago, late in the night. People who have really travelled widely know this to be true.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

USA is one of the dangerous country to live with gun and mugging culture.

It is also not safe for women. These roam around the world lecturing other countries as if they know more.

New York: A 24-year-old aspiring actress was filmed while she walked on the streets around New York City for 10 hours, to find out how many times she is harassed during this time.

Shoshana Roberts, a graduate of Kutztown University in Pennsylvania, was captured on a hidden camera by her friend, Rob Bliss.

Over a ten-hour-period, it was shocking to see that she was pelted with comments and was harassed over 100 times. So, not only in India, it seems the problem of eve-teasing is the same all over the world.

She got a dozen of unsolicited comments like 'What's up beautiful?', 'Hey baby', 'Smile' and 'Have a nice evening darling'. Many of them winked at her, whistled and made inappropriate noises.

The shocking video was filmed in August but went viral after it was posted on YouTube and Facebook by Roberts on Tuesday.

################################################## #######

Two wrongs does not make one right.Yes, there is problem of eve teasing ,rapes,harassment of women in India,and we need to get rid of them.But then generalizing whole country with it does not do justice ,and that too by a country which is a step ahead of us in this.Hope this open the eyes of US worshipers, who believes that US is holier than cow,and an ideal for humanity,and India is a country of perverts .

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Now that's trolling.

In 10 hours, do you suppose the woman encountered 100,000 men ... that is 100/100,000?

She was harassed at a rate of 0.1% then?

Her boyfriend should be bitch-slapped.

I hope the video got her some job offers.

Ashutosh Lokhande

Now that's trolling.

In 10 hours, do you suppose the woman encountered 100,000 men ... that is 100/100,000?

if this was shot in india the girl sure had gotten offer to participate in indian version of big brother :lol:

alphacentury

Country flag

Now that's trolling.

A simple explanation of why compliments, greetings and other "innocuous" greetings are not as harmless to women walking down the street as people seem to think. : TwoXChromosomes

alphacentury

Country flag

Though I agree with the OP, but still I would like to see this problem outta my society as soon as possible . That shyt is just disgusting.

And ,the best and the only solution I see to this problem is Police's DANDA:namaste:(works all the time). And ,no this is not a cultural or inherent problem or anything ,as the media tries to portrait it .But , this shyt happens ,cause people think they can get away with it .

Then ,there are people jumping in "Woh ladki toh koi sita nahi hai". Double DandA for them .:thumb:

And , to the libtard media people ,making movies with tilte "Real Men Don't Rape ". Triple Danda for them:thumb:

But ,TBH I see respect for women on decline these days.:sad:Somebody ,please restore my faith in humanity.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Thanks for sharing. Crime happens everywhere. US had lot of notorious criminals who were cannibals and psychos in the past. I think Kolkata is safer than most American or Indian metros. Also some Indian media houses(not all)do dramabaazi in some cases.

As for the video it is a donation campaign,so one should be a bit careful when watching this. Also I would like to be a contrarian and present a google suggested video to this.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Good evening ma'am, have a nice day!
Patriarchy!!

Literally rape.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Well!! I think this is the subject of debate.
Yeah but nothing as dramatic as it is being made out to be.

A simple dorky guy walking the same neighborhood will get worse.

These whole "as a girl" posts get to me when they are made by some priviledged and sheltered vloggers who cry about "opression" at the smallest inconviniences.

Women are facing real problems throughout the world and these diversionary and attention seeking videos siimply dilute the issue by reducing the severity of it.

sorcerer

Country flag

Yeah but nothing as dramatic as it is being made out to be.

A simple dorky guy walking the same neighborhood will get worse.

These whole "as a girl" posts get to me when they are made by some priviledged and sheltered vloggers who cry about "opression" at the smallest inconviniences.

Women are facing real problems throughout the world and these diversionary and attention seeking videos siimply dilute the issue by reducing the severity of it.
Yes I agree, but lets not generalize, what if they Vlogers had better intentions than that common peception?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Yes I agree, but lets not generalize, what if they Vlogers had better intentions than that common peception?
An aspiring actress.

Decides to walk the shadiest neighborhoods.

Shows 90 seconds of a 10 hour operation.

Half of the "catcalls" are greetings/non rude/non vulgar compliments.

Shows one side of the story.

Too many red flags.

Plus it's the internet, so I assume bad intentions.

sorcerer

Country flag

An aspiring actress.

Decides to walk the shadiest neighborhoods.

Shows 90 seconds of a 10 hour operation.

Half of the "catcalls" are greetings/non rude/non vulgar compliments.

Shows one side of the story.

Too many red flags.

Plus it's the internet, so I assume bad intentions.
Hmmm... thats very bad intentions

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

Am I biased or most of the guys were black?

Blackwater

Aviiii Delhi badnaam kiti hui Sara ne

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles