Third IAF Sukhoi-30MKI goes down near Pune today afternoon, both pilots safe!

agentperry

3 aircraft crash since induction of Su-30in last 10 years ?

Not serious though, Two crashed on 2009 and two purchased to replace them, But its important why these crashes occur, not enough spares ? ..
3 crashes in last 3 years. that serious.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Ok guys I was at crash site. I gathered whatever I could. Pics coming up. Hold on.

Poseidon

Country flag
Air Force's Sukhoi jet crashes near Pune, pilots safe.

Pune: A frontline Sukhoi jet of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed near Pune today but the two pilots bailed out to safety, an officer said.

"Today at around 1.15 p.m. a Sukhoi fighter jet, which took off from the Lohegaon Air Force Base for a sortie, presumably developed a technical snag and crashed," the base commander, Air Commodore V. R. Chaudhry told reporters.

"Two officers - Wing Commander Suhail, who was the pilot and Flight Lieutenant Nautiyal, who was the weapons system operator - ejected out of the aircraft after manoeuvring it over barren land," Chaudhry added.

The aircraft crashed at Wade-Bholai village, 20 kilometres from Pune.

The search for the aircraft's black box is on. The impact of the crash was such that the wreckage was strewn over a of one kilometre radius.

"While the preliminary circumstantial reason could be a technical snag, we are investigating the matter. Both the officers were highly competent. They showed great presence of mind and courage by steering the aircraft towards a safe location and thus avoiding any civilian damage," Chaudhry said.

"Both the officers have been taken to the Command Hospital in Pune," Chaudhary added.

He further said that the land belonged to the Sadhu Vaswani Mission.

The aircraft burst into flames on crashes but seven tenders were pressed into service by various agencies - military and civil - to douse the blaze.

Around 25 policemen from the Lonikhand police post that was closest to the crash site rushed to the spot after being informed by the villagers about an aircraft hurtling towards the ground.

According to the police, the villagers saw the two pilots bailing out of the aircraft and landing in an area named Hargude Vasti, half km ahead of the crash site.

This is the third crash of a Sukhoi Su-30"‹ since its induction in 1997.

Air Force's Sukhoi jet crashes near Pune, pilots safe

agentperry

those two pilots wont be flying for very long period of time. i was talking to my friend in air force, he said that any pilot that crashes dont fly for atleast 1.5-2 years. till the inquiry clears him off.
even if the committee clears him off, he is degraded to smaller planes with lesser duty.

in short better to end yourself with plane or quit the job

these crashes internally kills the pilot and their dignity and self respect

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Are we at that time of the service life when we start to worry about MKIs becoming flying coffins? a dozen years of flawless performance and "dushman ki nazar lag gayi".

Thank God the pilots are safe.

agentperry

Are we at that time of the service life when we start to worry about MKIs becoming flying coffins? a dozen years of flawless performance and "dushman ki nazar lag gayi".

nothing more than zinda lash...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
those two pilots wont be flying for very long period of time. i was talking to my friend in air force, he said that any pilot that crashes dont fly for atleast 1.5-2 years. till the inquiry clears him off.
even if the committee clears him off, he is degraded to smaller planes with lesser duty.

in short better to end yourself with plane or quit the job

these crashes internally kills the pilot and their dignity and self respect
Jaan hai to Jahan Hai.!!

agentperry

Jaan hai to Jahan Hai.!!
after wearing uniform, dignity lies ahead of life. but this was for older generation of warriors, may not be applicable for termite race of pilots and soldiers

Poseidon

Country flag

All those who are trying to compare MiG-21's with MKI's in blogs,media websites etc are from our western neighbor.

Reactions: nrj

Poseidon

Country flag

All those who are trying to compare MiG-21's with MKI's in blogs,media websites etc are from our western neighbor.

agentperry

tonight they will be drinking rum and playing cards laughing over the money of the taxpayer they had blown away.

may be paksitani celebrate another eid today

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Very sad to hear that we have lost our technically sophisticated steel bird.......

But happy to hear that the pilots are safe.......

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Three crashes in last three years ! coincidentally when we started producing spares at home? I think this the root cause of all the crashes IAF has suffered because of technical reasons i.e. poor quality control. I will hold my smile next time when i will hear a news on something locally made after tot or R&D because when these product will go in to mass production all manufacturers will start pulling their corrupt margin calculators out, i know.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Nothing more than junk left out there.

They couldnt locate blackbox until I was there.

3 search parties distributed to find it over 3km perimeter. Hope they find it before it gets complete dark.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles