The Tremendous 2021 Churn in India's IT industry

Is the IT Salary Boom the new normal ?

• Yes. Acche Din.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No. Make hay while the sun shines.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cant say, will eventually settle for someplace in between.

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

notaname

Country flag
@Sanatani

And the resource are same and they have really increased to be fair but IT companies on the onset of Covid treated the employees with so much contempt and fired so many even without notice period or any intimation so the current employees are now deserting thier companies in fear of that same will happen to them in near future so they are trying to find better place to work with better work culture that's why this much resignations going on specially the full stack developers.

Sanatani

Country flag
@Sanatani

And the resource are same and they have really increased to be fair but IT companies on the onset of Covid treated the employees with so much contempt and fired so many even without notice period or any intimation so the current employees are now deserting thier companies in fear of that same will happen to them in near future so they are trying to find better place to work with better work culture that's why this much resignations going on specially the full stack developers.
So it's payback time for employers.

notaname

Country flag
So it's payback time for employers.
Not really but a level playing field where employers need to give up their thinking of keeping developers as bonded labourers mainly due to work from home and people understanding the value of spending time with family and giving them too much work where either they are exhausted or they just give up and work till late nights specially in India (and this is also on some (or many🤔) developers that they have developed a habit of doing everything last minute and in night).

Let me give you an example of an company in Indore - Innoeye (met many formal employees from there), the employees here works day and night they give unrealistic deadlines for project completion but they give very good salary which is nowadays companies are forced to give.

So all this things are also contributing to employees deserting their current employers.

This whole thing is from my personal experience working in industry and also all my fellow friends and co workers, everyone have complaints of shitty work life specially in mid tier companies and startups.

notaname

Country flag
Here go through this thread maybe we can have more discussion on this topic here.

And about the bold part, the clients and employers gives much less to employees considering what they earn and what work they make IT people do in India if I were to compare I can certainly say from personal experience that if we take US dollars as benchmark for project requirements and every other aspect Indian developers are really unpaid also according to thier knowledge base which is quite good even compared to Western ones with preety huge salaries and there are many aspects to the knowledge base also about experience shown by IT companies to the clients which is quite different from real experience of developers (I will not go into more details of experience part)
Not really but a level playing field where employers need to give up their thinking of keeping developers as bonded labourers mainly due to work from home and people understanding the value of spending time with family and giving them too much work where either they are exhausted or they just give up and work till late nights specially in India (and this is also on some (or many🤔) developers that they have developed a habit of doing everything last minute and in night).

Let me give you an example of an company in Indore - Innoeye (met many formal employees from there), the employees here works day and night they give unrealistic deadlines for project completion but they give very good salary which is nowadays companies are forced to give.

So all this things are also contributing to employees deserting their current employers.

This whole thing is from my personal experience working in industry and also all my fellow friends and co workers, everyone have complaints of shitty work life specially in mid tier companies and startups.
@Sanatani
Take both these posts in continuation or an extension of one another and club all of these opinions and you will have broad picture of all this mess in IT sector in India.

And no government foresight also contributes to this mess.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles