The Syrian Crisis

Haldiram

Country flag
Correct me If I am wrong, we could have used ex-soviet scientist and engineers in our projects. But we to were facing economic crisis in 1991.
China was poorer than us in the 90's. Nuff said. China managed it despite their poor economy in the 90's. We managed to squander it.

upload_2019-10-13_9-5-39.png

How is it that we were too poor to allocate even 5% to RnD but we had 100% cash to buy ready made weapons from Russia for 3 decades?

Besides, it doesn't take millions to hire an engineer.

The German engineer (Kurt Tank) we had hired for HAL Marut cost us only a few thousand dollars and he came and stayed in India. The outsiders were ready to help you, but your own insiders were not ready to use the weapons that you manufactured. No commissions from domestic projects.

This is a screenshot from the HAL Marut Wiki page : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_HF-24_Marut

upload_2019-10-13_9-7-19.png

The insiders sabotaged the project by first endlessly changing the requirements to cause delays and later claim that the project was delayed and they cannot accept a previous-generation fighter.

Last edited:

Jameson Emoni

China was poorer than us in the 90's. Nuff said.

View attachment 39311

Besides, it doesn't take millions to hire an engineer.

The foreign engineer we had hired for HAL Marut cost us only a few thousand dollars. The outsiders were ready to help you, but your own insiders were not ready to use the weapons that you manufactured.

This is a screenshot from the HAL Marut Wiki page : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_HF-24_Marut

"However, as HAL lacked the necessary experience in both developing and manufacturing frontline combat fighters, it was clear that external guidance would be invaluable; this assistance was embodied by German engineer Kurt Tank.[4] Tank was invited to relocate to India to establish and head the project to produce what would become India's first indigenous fighter aircraft. Upon arrival, he set about directing design work for the prospective fighter."

View attachment 39312

The insiders sabotaged the project by first endlessly changing the requirements to cause delays and later claim that the project was delayed and they cannot accept a previous-generation fighter.
I think you may have a point here. A friend of mine had an idea on building cloud based medical infrastructure in India that had sound potential to bring down the healthcare cost and therefore widen the outreach to millions more. He approached many Indian tech giants and all he got was pettiness.

Willy3

Country flag

Sometimes history just can't stop repeating itself

Seems j&k 1947 redux

Rojava = j&k
Turkey =napak
Legitimate Syrian gormint = India

Now as kurds no longer have her sugar daddy...aka USA... their leadership would beg rossiya-SAA for help.

I am sure Assad surely don't want major part of Syrian to be captured by Turks...but noway they would allow Kurds 'free' help when they have vast precious land and cities under control.

In return SAA-rossiya would put following terms....
1) surrender Raqqa , Tabqa , manbij ,hassaka oil fields

2) abandon their cause of freedom...may be they can workout a special autonomy deal later but surely it will be less powerful than iraqi Kurdistan

This kurds can't fight iraqi militias without US support ( lost whole area outside Iraqi Kurdistan in 2 weeks in Iraq)

So hopefully their leaders will be realistic to accept such offer if it's mailed to them in future..... otherwise a genocide is in waiting for their kin.

bhramos

Country flag
Great News! The Kurdish SDF has agreed to cede control of Manbij and Kobane to Syrian Government control to prevent the invading Turkish Army from attacking and taking these towns

bhramos

Country flag
The Syrian Army is advancing into key towns in Northern Syria with the agreement of the Kurds as the U.S. withdraws, in a deal brokered by Russia. Manbij Kobani Qamishli and others

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Modernized #Turkish M60TM tank with laser warning system, remotely controlled turret, telescopic periscope, #AKKOR Pulat active protection complex (KAZ). The tank takes part in military operation "Source of Peace".

It's lipstick on a pig. It's an m60 after all. Only steel armour and 105mm gun. Its like upgrading a t 55.

Jameson Emoni

This turkish kurdish syrian conflict is confusing,
Whos with who and whos winning ,why did turkey plunge into conflict now as its economic condition is not great,
No clear picture of allies, and if turks lose what are the consequences.
Turks are allegedly also lining up against cyprus.
Does turkey has the military capability and economic clout to take on kurds,syrians,cyprus etc and if yes for how long?
Syrian military is fairly under strength but it is battle hardened. I do not think Cyprus is going to present much of an opposition against Turkey in a one on one fight. Things don't end here though, Iran is also building up troops on its Turkish border and Iran is quite strong. I have a feeling Russians are not going to get involved in any shooting but they certainly are moving and shaking things from behind.

In my opinion Syria, Russia, Iran and US were on board.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I do not think Cyprus is going to present much of an opposition against Turkey in a one on one fight.
There is a UN peacekeeping mission separating the two. Any move will have to go through them and trigger an immediate EU response. As a member of the EU, any country that attacks it will be met with the full force of a European coalition led by France.

Jameson Emoni

There is a UN peacekeeping mission separating the two. Any move will have to go through them and trigger an immediate EU response. As a member of the EU, any country that attacks it will be met with the full force of a European coalition led by France.
I am delighted that France has Cyprus' back. Turks have a rich history of cruelty.

Haldiram

Country flag

So, Murica had given nukes to Turkey and they have graduated to the process of making their own, and everyone was preaching India when we made our own. Let Turkey have the bomb, it will send shivers down European nations in the vicinity. Now they'll know what it feels like to live in a nuclear neighborhood. Britain and Germany can focus on Turkey instead of diverting their attention to India.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles