The ranking system

Sailor

When I joined the forum I was pleasantly surprised to be immediately promoted to start as a 2nd Lieutenant. Subsequently I then found that all new members start at that level.
I'd like to put it to the management that all newbies start as privates and actually don't achieve 2nd Lieutenant or a commission until 100 posts.
At a 100 you know you have a serious member and a commission is given as a reward for that. Full Lieutenant wouldn't be until 200. After that it would step up in groups of several hundreds to the top in whatever increments the staff feels is appropriate.

But it is the lower in that is important to any forum. To get the newbies interested to post and give them an incentive.
Rank at the lower end should come fast. ie.
0-5 Private.
5-10 Corporal
10- 25 Sergeant.
25-50 Warrant officer class 2
50-100 Warrant officer class 1

By doing it this way, rank becomes a reward for work on the forum.

A.V.

the 2nd and first lieutenant posts will be merged very soon as the post of 2nd lieutenant does not exist now so we will have private/freshers till 100 posts later full lieutenant.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
what about officer cedet till 100 post and then Lt

Sailor

the 2nd and first lieutenant posts will be merged very soon as the post of 2nd lieutenant does not exist now so we will have private/freshers till 100 posts later full lieutenant.
Pretty boring for newbies. The whole idea is to make it as interesting as possible.

Su-47

i agree with sailor. newbies need incentives. they wanna see ranks go up fast. once they post about 100 posts, the rank system can slow down, coz they are gonna most likely be regular members by then.

This forum is still in its infancy compared to many others. we need our new members to be regular members if we are to thrive. give them an incentive to keep posting.

Antimony

Can we please do away with the ranking system

People in the real world actually have to qualify for these ranks, and we get it here just because we post???

This reminds me of some other forums, and I would suggest we do away with this. The discussions are of interest, not these labels.

I also think it is an insult to actual serving or retired Defence professionals.

Officer of Engineers retired as a Lt. Col of the Canadian Froces, and is one of the respected members of many of these forums, including WAB and BRF. And he is a 2nd LT here?

A.V.

People in the real world actually have to qualify for these ranks, and we get it here just because we post???

This reminds me of some other forums, and I would suggest we do away with this. The discussions are of interest, not these labels.

I also think it is an insult to actual serving or retired Defence professionals.

Officer of Engineers retired as a Lt. Col of the Canadian Froces, and is one of the respected members of many of these forums, including WAB and BRF. And he is a 2nd LT here?
if you notice carefully you will see all military men get the rank of a think thank OOE will also get that soon ... so check all the military men from zraver to dave to shiny and delta sir all have same respected status

about the insult think the ranks mentions as " dfi lieuntenant" " dfi general " and not as army generals its a forum general and forum lieutenent rank also we mentioned it clearly in our rank post.we mean no disrespect

our focus is also on quality and we believe neither quality alone nor quantity alone can survive in the business so we make a mix of quality and quantity stressing upon quality quantity

i hope i cleared the doubts about the ranking style

Antimony

if you notice carefully you will see all military men get the rank of a think thank OOE will also get that soon ... so check all the military men from zraver to dave to shiny and delta sir all have same respected status

about the insult think the ranks mentions as " dfi lieuntenant" " dfi general " and not as army generals its a forum general and forum lieutenent rank also we mentioned it clearly in our rank post.we mean no disrespect

our focus is also on quality and we believe neither quality alone nor quantity alone can survive in the business so we make a mix of quality and quantity stressing upon quality quantity

i hope i cleared the doubts about the ranking style
I am sure no disrespect was meant, did not say that.

thanks for clearing up the point about "think Tank". Yes I did notice that for Brig Ray and the others

johnee

I think the present system is pretty good. Why change it?

Pintu

^^^ agree with you Johnee, the present ranking system is perfect in my opinion.

Regards

Sailor

After being here for a month or so, I would now like to give a complete ranking system as how I would like to see it.
Nothing has altered my opinion that it needs radical change for the better.
New people should see their rank rise quickly as an incentive. As you become senior, this slows as you have reached forum maturity.
The present system is absolutely unsuitable.

0-5 Private.
5-10 Corporal
10- 25 Sergeant.
25-50 Warrant officer class 2
50-100 Warrant officer class 1

100 Commissioned as 2nd Lieutenant.
200 Ist Lieutenant.
300 Captain.
400 Major.
500 Lt Colonel.
750 Colonel.
850 Brigadier