The Movie Recommendation Thread

here2where

Since these are shitty days, watched a couple of war movies.

Greyhound - Destroyer class vs U-boat hunting scenes are gripping.
The Outpost - The apaches in action towards the end was the only saving grace.

Waanar

Country flag
Does any other SF fanboy/geek also find it difficult to watch things like Uri and Avrodh?

Like God knows which guns in Avrodh they used and pathetic tactics like in school we used to play chor police in display in Avrodh as well as in Uri.

Plus they want me to pay for this!!
I've watched neither.
So many movies have been spoiled for me after reading the US Infantry manuals that I'll end up throwing a coconut at the TV.

I recommend you watch Sicario 1 and 2.

Excellent ones, although not related to anything mildly Indian (unless we're talking Red Indians).

And my personal favorite will have to be a YouTube short movie series I'm linking here-

Episode 1-
Episode 2-
Episode 3-
Episode 4-

No longer than 15 minutes, very professional quality and the best part -
Choreographed by as well as starring ex Russian military members and active duty Spetsnaz operatives as well. (They showed up with blurred faces in "the making of ....")
Anyone with a keen eye will spot the (basic but very authentic) tactics being used as well excellent shooting form and realism.

Forgive my fanboying but I'm a sucker for realism.

cereal killer

Country flag
A must watch movie
The Hunt (2012) Danish movie but available in English dub as well.

itsAurea

Country flag
Really amazing movies! If I can recommend one, I will say Click. the one with Adam Sandler. It's a good family movie. Really funny and with lots of good lessons. About its story, they have a magic remote that can control their life. Cool concept actually.

For warmovies may I duggest:
Saving Private Ryan
American Sniper
Jarhead

(series) The pacific and band of brothers

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Watched this movie thought it would increase my fear of covid vaccine more but this turn out to be different ride.
A pure simple thriller.
And i absolutely love Rooney Mara
unnamed (1).jpg

Kumata

Country flag
Since these are shitty days, watched a couple of war movies.

Greyhound - Destroyer class vs U-boat hunting scenes are gripping.
The Outpost - The apaches in action towards the end was the only saving grace.
Greyhound.. where u downloaded it.... google says it's available on apple TV only...

here2where

Greyhound.. where u downloaded it.... google says it's available on apple TV only...
u want me to get arrested by the Feds buddy? ;)
i got it from 'ship hijacker' + 'nice beach edge' site..before the takedown.

I'm looking for a good psychological horror movie
Any recommendations 🤔
You can t go wrong with Hannibal Lecter and his antics in 'Silence of the Lambs'

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
was watching a telugu movie the other day, ending of the movie is basically justification for killing politicans and in this movie's case blowing up all the elected MLAs. it struck me that, violence against politicians is a common theme in Indian movies for decades now, protagonist of the movie justifies killing politicians one way or the other.

are there any other film industries outside of india, where killing of politicians is so blatantly advocated in their film industry?

@ashdoc

here2where

Do NOT miss the mallu movie - 'The Great Indian Kitchen'
Watch it with subtitles if you are not a mallu to get a master class on how to use raw everyday images and sounds to create fabulous cinema. The best mallu movie i have watched in a really long time.
I have vented out about some religious reference in the sabarimala thread. But other than that, this is one seriously excellent movie.

Last edited:

doreamon

Country flag
Netflix "unsolved mysteries " episode 5 . About a ufo abduction story . Multiple withness .

Shredder

Country flag
Bit off-topic:

Need recommendations for a good DTH service. Main requirements are most English channels in HD, Tamil / Kannada packs, and all International channels. Location is Bangalore. Also, does DTH still suffer from signal outage during rains!?

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
Watch Bekas(2012). Iranian film I watched 7 years back, and still one of my favorites.

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
was watching a telugu movie the other day, ending of the movie is basically justification for killing politicans and in this movie's case blowing up all the elected MLAs. it struck me that, violence against politicians is a common theme in Indian movies for decades now, protagonist of the movie justifies killing politicians one way or the other.

are there any other film industries outside of india, where killing of politicians is so blatantly advocated in their film industry?

@ashdoc
Venezuela?

Cheran

Country flag
Come & See
Jacob's Ladder
Videodrome
The Thirteenth Floor

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles