The Movie Recommendation Thread

Haldiram

Country flag
Vikings

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Just watched Johnny Gadar it's a underrated bollywood thriller gem.

It is available on JIO cinema for free.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So Shikara is another 'Mission Kashmir'

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
In this time of distress , can you guys please suggest some good movies/series to endure the time spent at home.

Here is what I have watched in past couple of days.

Contagion (2011)
Get out (2017)
Rambo - Last blood
Home Alone - 1, 2, 3 ( with my kid)
Penguins of Madagascar ( again with my kid)
In time
In time is also very stylish movie
images (4).jpeg

Transcendence

Looper

Predestination
Are also nice time travel related movies

ashdoc

Country flag

Watching it RN.
Story is solid with full on action and Gundaraj type thing.
One more plus point is savage hindu Songs in the background
Here's my review---

Welcome to the world of superviolence .........courtesy the greatest exponent of it ,Ram Gopal verma........

As the name suggests , this film is not for sissys ,kids or vegetarians

........And Ram Gopal Verma himself has gone on record to say that ,as far as this film is concerned ,women should stay at home.......

That explains why the theater was 2/3 rd empty.....on the second day itself....

Because the audience has been cut down to only mards ,that too the non-veg eating ,blood and gore loving types......

And what a feast for them !!

Rivers of blood flow ,enough to make a vampire overnourished for weeks.......

Women are abducted , literally din-dahade ,and raped like whores.......

Boulders are smashed on peoples heads ,and other innovative methods of killing people like boring holes through their skulls are invented......

The place seems to be alive with rifles ,knives ,pistols ,koytas,and other such weapons.......

And masterminding all the mayhem is Nagamani Reddy ( played by Abhimanyu Singh ) ,the villain of the film......

His performance is the stellar performance of the film ,what holds the film together.....

..........For he plays with with absolute perfection , the role of a sadistic ,savage ,absolute brutal despot of a small town ,with animal-like instincts ,that too the carnivore type............

The small town is Anantpur in Andra Pradesh , and the film is based on a true dushmani.........

Which means that such a person really existed !!

And who's his dushman ??......Vivek Oberoi ,who else ,who also has to murder and kill in equal measure to nibhao the dushmani........

And he does that with determination and skill........a good acting performance from him too

Shatrughan Sinha does a brave effort to fit into the mighty shoes of N T Rama Rao.........but only a telgu can tell if he succeeds........

And what a telgu can enlighten us is also about the real-life happenings in Anantpur in the past........since they were considered worth making a film on them......

Verdict--not bad , if barbaric violence is your cup of tea....

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

Watching it RN.
Story is solid with full on action and Gundaraj type thing.
One more plus point is savage hindu Songs in the background
vivek is a TDP party leader paritala ravi....
Bhukka reddy is INC background guy...
back 80s and 90s ....tdp n inc guys used to slaughter each other at mere sight...

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Here's my review---

Welcome to the world of superviolence .........courtesy the greatest exponent of it ,Ram Gopal verma........

As the name suggests , this film is not for sissys ,kids or vegetarians

........And Ram Gopal Verma himself has gone on record to say that ,as far as this film is concerned ,women should stay at home.......

That explains why the theater was 2/3 rd empty.....on the second day itself....

Because the audience has been cut down to only mards ,that too the non-veg eating ,blood and gore loving types......

And what a feast for them !!

Rivers of blood flow ,enough to make a vampire overnourished for weeks.......

Women are abducted , literally din-dahade ,and raped like whores.......

Boulders are smashed on peoples heads ,and other innovative methods of killing people like boring holes through their skulls are invented......

The place seems to be alive with rifles ,knives ,pistols ,koytas,and other such weapons.......

And masterminding all the mayhem is Nagamani Reddy ( played by Abhimanyu Singh ) ,the villain of the film......

His performance is the stellar performance of the film ,what holds the film together.....

..........For he plays with with absolute perfection , the role of a sadistic ,savage ,absolute brutal despot of a small town ,with animal-like instincts ,that too the carnivore type............

The small town is Anantpur in Andra Pradesh , and the film is based on a true dushmani.........

Which means that such a person really existed !!

And who's his dushman ??......Vivek Oberoi ,who else ,who also has to murder and kill in equal measure to nibhao the dushmani........

And he does that with determination and skill........a good acting performance from him too

Shatrughan Sinha does a brave effort to fit into the mighty shoes of N T Rama Rao.........but only a telgu can tell if he succeeds........

And what a telgu can enlighten us is also about the real-life happenings in Anantpur in the past........since they were considered worth making a film on them......

Verdict--not bad , if barbaric violence is your cup of tea....
these is real story...shot gun sinha did well...
vivek n sinha are tdp party...their opponents are indian national congress....all this factions wars started by inc....
Character play by vivek = paritala ravi...one of the few people ntr trusted.....he stood with ntr when cbn snatched tdp party from ntr....cbn didnt like paritala ravi a.k.a character of vivek...as he is loyalist of ntr not cbn....other hand inc was looking for revenge wanted to kill paritala ravi...there is rumour that cbn knew about inc plan to kill ravi...still he kept quite....thus eliminating another disloyal member from his party..

fillysun

Country flag
Thanks for sharing some nice movies here! As for the movie, some movies are in special formats, like the videos on iTunes, which will not allow users to play the videos on other devices offline. Thus, if you want to fix this issue, you could try the tool M4V Converter. It can help convert videos from iTunes and other common formats' videos to multiple video formats with original quality. Then you can watch the videos on any other devices easily.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Some of my best 90's war themed comedy-dramas:

1. Forrest Gump (1994)

2. Life is Beautiful (1997)

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Did you also watch Life is Beautiful? If not, it's also funny and sad...
I haven't but i will watch it.
I have listened a lot about that movie too but i tend to not watch it because i want to save these epics for a later day :facepalm:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles