The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

Chinmoy

Country flag
When did indians took part in korean war, more info
India’s Contribution during the Korean War and in the Armistice
2. India made significant contribution during the Korean War (1950-53) and period (1953-54) following the Armistice (1953) in the Korean peninsula. It deployed an Army Medical Unit; the 60th Parachute Field Ambulance commanded by Lieutenant Colonel AG Rangaraj, Mahavir Chakra. The unit disembarked at Busan on 20 Nov 1950 and was initially deployed at Pyongyang on 29 Nov 1950. It was then divided into two sub-units, the ‘Forward Elements’ grouped with 27 British Brigade and the “Administrative Elements” relocated at Daegu to assist the Korean Army Hospital and also treating civilians. The unit was placed under command 28 British Brigade on 01 Jul 1951, as part of Commonwealth Division. It participated in a series of operations including “OP TOMAHAWK” with the 8th US Army from 23 to 31 Mar 1953 in the area of Munsan and “OP COMMANDO” until 23 Aug 1953. The unit contributed a total of 627 ranks and treated over 222,324 patients including civilians during the course of its deployment and earned numerous awards and appreciation. During the entire course of its tenure, the 60 Parachute Field Ambulance lost three soldiers and 23 other were injured while supporting combat operations.
https://www.indembassyseoul.gov.in/...~:text=2.,Colonel AG Rangaraj, Mahavir Chakra.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Only he says - we deployed a full para ambulance brigade. Conducted airdrops with UN forces and provided combat medical aid throughout the war. Saved more lives and earned more citations than any other unit.
From Korean news paper.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.co...70th-anniversary-india/20201213131404601.html

Sad that almost no one knows about it in India. Once during visit to Tawang, one of my friend asked me "What is this Korea brigade written over here?".

dfcool

Country flag
And sharam karo. Itna toh maalum hona hi chahiye as a fan of the Indian military
Sir have you ever seen PM or HM talk about india's contribution in korea war. atleast a day dedicated to them to celebrate every year llike vijay diwas.

i was asking for more info because as fan of indian military i want to know things i don't know previously, and i also know india does not interfere in other people's war. so i was curious.

people learn as they come across posts like these. today i learned we contributed medical unit during korean war. isme gussa hone ka jarurat kya hai.

if you know every single contribution of indian military from early 1900s why you dont you make a thread with all the information and spread the knowledge.

binayak95

Country flag
Sir have you ever seen PM or HM talk about india's contribution in korea war. atleast a day dedicated to them to celebrate every year llike vijay diwas.

i was asking for more info because as fan of indian military i want to know things i don't know previously, and i also know india does not interfere in other people's war.

people learn as they come across posts like these. today i learned we contributed medical unit during korean war. isme gussa hone ka jarurat kya hai.

if you know every single contribution of indian military from early 1900s why you dont you make a thread with all the information and spread the knowledge.
I can do better - pick up AVM Arjun Subramanian's India's Wars and Full Spectrum.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Nowadays I am seeing that most of the pix involving SiG716 show that some optical sight is being used by IA . Atleast somewhere common sense is kicking in, though whether the sight being used is ideal for the longer range of the SiG is a whole another debate . But given the prev sightless SiG toting IA jawan and the current sightful IA jawan , I would chose the latter anyday.

rkhanna

Country flag
Lol The Current GOI cannot do so unfortunatly. It was Singularly best piece of Forigen Policy by any Govt of this Country. Nehru put India (poorer than subsaharan africa) on the Geo Political Map as a serious player. Lead to the NAM with Egypt etc.

And this Govt praise Nehru.. ..?.!!! the Sacrilege

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles