The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Are these rocket launchers imported ones or captured ones?coz in wiki there is no mentioning about our forces using it...is it very accomodable as they are use and throw type ...if we want a projectile launcher of light weight and cheap why couldnt we use RPGs as they are very effective in these type CT ops?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Usually forces deployed in places of low security threat carry only one or two magazines...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Are these rocket launchers imported ones or captured ones?

coz in wiki there is no mentioning about our forces using it...is it very accomodable as they are use and throw type ...if we want a projectile launcher of light weight and cheap why couldnt we use RPGs as they are very effective in these type CT ops?
These are imported stuff and widely in use, its very expensive..

These are fame troweres if you see the vid i posted u can understand why its good for tango exterminations..

RPG-7 lack the shock wave also its around 10kgs with everything, Its range is less than 300m accurately..

84MM RCL in IA have greater shock-wave coz of bigger warhead also its around 8-12kgs depend on the variant, Most importantly its it can fire HEAT, HE, SMOKE, ILLUMINATION rounds, No other RCL can do this..

Also Indian army use Shipon RL, Its widely used within PARA SF..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Kunal sir, it causes too much damage in CT, suppose if terrorist is hiding in my house and IA/RR take out that terrorist using that rocket, which will make my house inhabitable, then you have killed few terrorist, but you have lost heart and mind of local.

This proxy war will be won by intell, but if people think that their homes would be destroyed, dont you think they will not be forth coming with info.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal sir, it causes too much damage in CT, suppose if terrorist is hiding in my house and IA/RR take out that terrorist using that rocket, which will make my house inhabitable, then you have killed few terrorist, but you have lost heart and mind of local.

This proxy war will be won by intell, but if people think that their homes would be destroyed, dont you think they will not be forth coming with info.
I agree sir, We use such weapon in special needs, also we see where should we use it, generally we use against tango fortifications over hills or places where civilians are not present this also includes 84MM RCL, We using these since 90s, Its available to all infantry units..

Very frankly sir, If some one House is being took over by tangos and no civillian inside, It probably going to be partially or totally destroyed, their are also special sceames may be, which give the refund of every thing they lost, 84MM RCL mostly do the job, but some times very fanatical tangos keep on fighting this is where we use flame throwers to kill tangos hidden in corners or places where blast effect is less, the flame thrower create extrema heat before explode, The heat is tremendous and it circulate every part of the house where O2 is present....

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Kunal sir i am aware about the booby traps and explosive on the body of Terrorists and how a small mistake would cause soldier his life, therefore it is better for them to take out entire house then risk their own life.

I think IA/RR and other securities forces should be few steps ahead of terrorists from training, tactics and weapons, if we have to win this proxy war. It is not that we are doing it badly, IA knows what is best in the ground, but we can do it better, with better or improve or innovative ideas.

BangersAndMash

2007 Ex Himalayan Warrior

A report into the exercise said 112 British soldiers suffered from shortness of breath, headaches, difficulty in sleeping, loss of appetite & dehydration. 2 marines were hospitalised for 5 days with altitude sickness & after coughing up blood had to be flown back home. Altogether 4 marines were unable to participate in the ex.

(PS - I apologise if it is a repost, a white boy mate just sent these to me)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

can any one identify the bolt action weapon in this pic?

what is the attachment held in the barrell of the FN FAL in this pic?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles